GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

CSB: Vu - Local Forum n00b Questions Forum Unwritten Rules - New Pope Being Elected

Status
Not open for further replies.

riceburner

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
MK5 Best GTI

sterkrazzy

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
Turbo. Blue.
Onions, lettuce, cheese

fin
Dry 😲

1653501127313.png

riceburner

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
MK5 Best GTI
ah, a man of culture. i bet there's no A1 sauce in your fridge!

sterkrazzy

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
Turbo. Blue.
Absolutely. It's all about the seasoning. Ketchup and condiments are for people who don't know how to flavor their meat
What seasonings do you use? I found some stuff I really liked on steak, but we used it all and threw the little bottle away and now I have no idea what it was called lol...Made one of the best steaks I ever had with that stuff too. Haven't really found a go to season.

dtfd

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
MK7.5 GTI
How do you guys feel about burgers that get a little gourmet with the toppings?

Best burger I ever had was at Kuma's back when they first opened. Lair of the minotaur - caramelized onions, brie, pancetta, and a bourbon soaked pear.

dtfd

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
MK7.5 GTI
What seasonings do you use? I found some stuff I really liked on steak, but we used it all and threw the little bottle away and now I have no idea what it was called lol...Made one of the best steaks I ever had with that stuff too. Haven't really found a go to season.
Good steak only needs a little salt and touch of pepper.

Edit: If you are looking for something to punch up a steak instead of using seasoning consider making a demi-glace. Get yourself a bit of veal demi (https://www.dartagnan.com/veal-demi-glace/product/PENDG012.html)
Grab a shallot and some mushrooms. Throw butter into a pan and throw in diced shallot for minute or two, then follow it with diced mushrooms. Put some of veal demi in a sauce pan and throw in about a cup of red wine. Whisk until the demi mixes in. You can add a bit of beef broth if you want. Once the shallots/mushrooms are done sauteeing throw those into the sauce pan and bring it all to a boil. Reduce heat and simmer until you get the consistency you want.

I did this over the weekend to go with the rack of lamb I threw on the grill. You can thank me later.

Last edited:

sterkrazzy

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
Turbo. Blue.
How do you guys feel about burgers that get a little gourmet with the toppings?

Best burger I ever had was at Kuma's back when they first opened. Lair of the minotaur - caramelized onions, brie, pancetta, and a bourbon soaked pear.
My palette is basic af. I had to google pancetta. Then I was disappointed in myself, because who doesn't like bacon? But smoked bacon? How did I not know this...

jay745

What Would Glenn Danzig Do
Car(s)
Mk6 racecar, Tacoma
ah, a man of culture. i bet there's no A1 sauce in your fridge!
My fridge is actually full of condiments. I usually make my own from scratch marinades and sauces for whatever I'm cooking
I don't have a go to recipe, I grab whatever I'm feeling. Onion powder, garlic, salt, pepper, cayenne, adobo, paprika are all staples though

sterkrazzy

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
Turbo. Blue.
The phone calls I'm getting today are kinda weird. I mean, my bank called just to wish me a happy b-day. Is that what this lady does all day? Just calls clients and wishes them a happy birthday?

I just got a call from a nearby dispensary wishing me a happy b-day too, and to let me know of a stackable discount lol

riceburner

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
MK5 Best GTI
Status
Not open for further replies.