GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

CSB: Vu - Local Forum n00b Questions Forum Unwritten Rules - New Pope Being Elected

Status
Not open for further replies.

riceburner

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
MK5 Best GTI
ready to be done for this week. so sick of being a project scheduler. its such a fools errand to get all these project schedules lined up each month; everything in the gaant chart moves to the right every month regardless, then i'm sitting there fiddle-fucking with activity relationship ties helping the contractors try to cheat their way out of telling the owners they aren't gonna make the completion dates.

Daks

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
GTI PP
ready to be done for this week. so sick of being a project scheduler. its such a fools errand to get all these project schedules lined up each month; everything in the gaant chart moves to the right every month regardless, then i'm sitting there fiddle-fucking with activity relationship ties helping the contractors try to cheat their way out of telling the owners they aren't gonna make the completion dates.
What industry?

riceburner

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
MK5 Best GTI
public construction, mostly, some private

uglybastard

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
Mk6 GTI
im also ready to be done with the week. corporate took down one of the systems in place that is more or less a backbone in the company's ability to function - down until Monday at midnight. cool cool, we have the most annoying contengency to help do things through the weekend but just seems like piss-poor planning.

jay745

What Would Glenn Danzig Do
Car(s)
Mk6 racecar, Tacoma
so you help grifters grift the government, the biggest grifter of them all.
That commie told me a story once how they re directed traffic and caused a 10 mile traffic jam because they messed something up on the toll and didn't want to lose revenue for 2 hours.

Last edited:

Acadia18

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2019 Golf R

im also ready to be done with the week. corporate took down one of the systems in place that is more or less a backbone in the company's ability to function - down until Monday at midnight. cool cool, we have the most annoying contengency to help do things through the weekend but just seems like piss-poor planning.

Fuck it, I am done for the week. It's too nice out to work.

I washed my car (like I planned on), and as soon as I was done, the utility people walked down the street, saw what I was doing and goes "You might want to put that in the garage, we're about to make a huge mess". They have to cut the pavement so they can get to the gas lines, they're replacing them all in the neighborhood. At least they were considerate.

uglybastard

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
Mk6 GTI
Fuck it, I am done for the week. It's too nice out to work.

I washed my car (like I planned on), and as soon as I was done, the utility people walked down the street, saw what I was doing and goes "You might want to put that in the garage, we're about to make a huge mess". They have to cut the pavement so they can get to the gas lines, they're replacing them all in the neighborhood. At least they were considerate.
I have a bit of banked time off in lieu so I dipped 30 min early.

Nice that they told you that much!

zrickety

The Fixer
Car(s)
VW GTI
Welp I just took a gamble and bought some stuff from ecs. They'll probably send me @Acadia18 's wheel by mistake
I like ECS but they are a month behind on some parts that were supposed to be in stock.

jay745

What Would Glenn Danzig Do
Car(s)
Mk6 racecar, Tacoma
I like ECS but they are a month behind on some parts that were supposed to be in stock.
They burned me before and I stopped ordering from them for the most part. Looking at my account this morning on their site I gave them $12k of my dollars 😭

Whatever, for some fluids and a serp belt I'm sure it'll be fine. Not in a rush for the stuff

Status
Not open for further replies.