GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

CSB: Vu - Local Forum n00b Questions Forum Unwritten Rules - New Pope Being Elected

Status
Not open for further replies.

riceburner

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
MK5 Best GTI
My job ain't typical, then again whose is these days lol

I got shit to do, worked only ~5 hours or so over the last few weeks which is a nice change, usually taking a vacation without working/getting calls and emails throughout each day was next to impossible

Acadia18

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2019 Golf R
My job ain't typical, then again whose is these days lol

I got shit to do, worked only ~5 hours or so over the last few weeks which is a nice change, usually taking a vacation without working/getting calls and emails throughout each day was next to impossible

All I'm hearing is "I got plenty of time to install a turbo while on the clock!" 🤣

C'mon man, I'm trying to live vicariously through you!

riceburner

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
MK5 Best GTI
All I'm hearing is "I got plenty of time to install a turbo while on the clock!" 🤣

C'mon man, I'm trying to live vicariously through you!
obviously! Go buy a couple of jettas to hold yourself over or better yet just buy the damn thing!

uglybastard

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
Mk6 GTI
I know it's called the speed limit, but maybe look in your mirrors and see the giant line of cars behind you because you're going exactly 45 in a 45.
at which point, youre the speed limit....

oddspyke

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2016 GTI, 2018 ZL1
So how soon is the housing market going to crash? My next door neighbor just listed their house for almost $1M. That's cool and all and it's fun to think my house might be worth even more than that, but come on... it's freaking Delaware. There's no world in which homes that were selling at $500-600k two years ago are worth that. Who's paying over $200/sqft to move to Delaware? The bottom has to drop out on this soon.

GTIfan99

Autocross Champion
I think the party is about to come to an end.

I don't think you'll see values drop as drastically as they did in 2008, but a correction is coming, and not just in housing. At some point people can't or won't pay these ridiculously inflated prices.

dtfd

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
MK7.5 GTI
So how soon is the housing market going to crash? My next door neighbor just listed their house for almost $1M. That's cool and all and it's fun to think my house might be worth even more than that, but come on... it's freaking Delaware. There's no world in which homes that were selling at $500-600k two years ago are worth that. Who's paying over $200/sqft to move to Delaware? The bottom has to drop out on this soon.
Keep in mind what they're asking and what they're going to get are two different things. A neighbor down the street from my parent's house had listed a single story ranch for 800K, after a couple of months on the market they eventually ended up selling it for 600k. Seller are seeing dollar signs but that doesn't mean buyers will agree with that.

I could list my Golf for 60K, doesn't mean anyone is willing to give me that for it.

oddspyke

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2016 GTI, 2018 ZL1
I think the party is about to come to an end.

I don't think you'll see values drop as drastically as they did in 2008, but a correction is coming, and not just in housing. At some point people can't or won't pay these ridiculously inflated prices.
Exactly. I couldn't afford my own house if I had to buy it at today's prices, that's gotta be a warning sign. Soon I'll be like one of those old people in NYC yelling about gentrification 😂

GolNat

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
13 GTI & 98 Prelude

It’s crazy!! That Middletown zip and the people that come down from NJ due to taxes. It will sell.

oddspyke

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2016 GTI, 2018 ZL1
Keep in mind what they're asking and what they're going to get are two different things. A neighbor down the street from my parent's house had listed a single story ranch for 800K, after a couple of months on the market they eventually ended up selling it for 600k. Seller are seeing dollar signs but that doesn't mean buyers will agree with that.

I could list my Golf for 60K, doesn't mean anyone is willing to give me that for it.
Naw, that price is for real. Another house a couple streets over got listed for a similar amount and was under contract the same day. Several have sold for close to that in the last couple months.

wasbaggedonce

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2020 GLI Autobahn
Just bought a townhouse for $190k about six months ago and my neighbors townhouse just sold for $215k. I have the better unit too (end unit). They're sandwiched right in the middle. Probably means mine is up at least $35k since buying. Not bad..not bad..

dtfd

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
MK7.5 GTI
My mortgage company is telling me the value of my house went up 25k since I bought it last year. I don't believe them
It's possible but I would fight any attempts at re-appraising your house. The suburb just wants more property tax from you.

That being said the S/O and I had purchased a condo in Ravenswood back in 2018. We sold it for 25% more than the purchase price at the beginning of this month. There isn't a detached home in Ravenswood under 1M now.

Status
Not open for further replies.