GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

What did you do to your mk7 today?

Treadup

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
MK7.5 6MT GTI
The new wheel and tire setup rubbed slightly over a dip in the road so I completed the fender screw mod as well as finally adjusting the headlights after the lowering the car.
Was also going to install a BFI shift knob but didn’t like the way the OEM boot looked with it. Will be in the FS thread today.

Subliminal

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
Slow FWD VW Hatch
The new wheel and tire setup rubbed slightly over a dip in the road so I completed the fender screw mod as well as finally adjusting the headlights after the lowering the car.
Was also going to install a BFI shift knob but didn’t like the way the OEM boot looked with it. Will be in the FS thread today.
wearelikewise.com has some nice knobs (and a boot retainer piece)

anotero

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
Mk7 GTI

El_bigote_AJ

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2019 GTI bunny
Look into sportshifter I think they will fit your styling youve been building the car at better that likewise or raceseng.

wasbaggedonce

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2020 GLI Autobahn
In the limited time I've been on this forum I've come to the conclusion that I'm the most liberal member here, but all politicians suck and really don't care about your interests unless you're a multi-millionaire/billionaire like they are. So just do what I do, look at your phone while pumping your gas and never even look at the screen to see how much it was. 🤷‍♂️

GTIfan99

Autocross Champion
Biden cutting domestic production is why those stickers exist. Anyone can over simplify things to make a point (even if it is completely incorrect).

We went from being self sufficient to 100% dependent on foreign oil, but wait, there’s more….now the oil reserves have been tapped into, but where are they going? Mostly China & Russia. “We did it Joe!”

Ah the good ol days, in 2021 where we all get sold out for politicians personally gain. So much to be thankful for.

Biden cut oil production? 🤣🤣🤣 US oil production has been climbing since a drop-off during the pandemic. US shale oil may never return to full production, Russia and OPEC ran them into bankruptcy at the beginning of the pandemic by not cutting production when the pandemic killed demand.

This post isn't political, it's basic 8th grade level economics. If you don't understand it, or aren't willing to spend 2 seconds googling to actually see if US oil production is up or down, then you should probably not talk about it.

Last edited:

GTIfan99

Autocross Champion
I confirmed my oil temp hovers around 215-218 and I'm EQT tuned.

neeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeext

It depends on which revision you're on. They lowered coolant temps in recent updates.

swcrow

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
7.5 GTI
It depends on which revision you're on. They lowered coolant temps in recent updates.
I've got an OG Ed tune before he exploded.

Acadia18

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2019 Golf R
Just had my windshield replaced. $300. Nice guy, did a good job. 30 years experience. Scamdemic crowd would have loved him. Close to the first words out of his mouth were (in response to a sign in my neighbors yard) "Black lives matter? How about all lives matter.". Over the next hour, proceeded to comment about Biden, gas prices, taxes, the pandemic... all the Scamdemic hot topics. Just kind of agreed since I wasn't going to argue with him, but even with that, was still a nice, friendly guy.

Watched him the entire time, he said he didn't mind and likes talking to people anyway. Paid care to things like the sensors and whatnot. The only "complaint" I have, is the glass looks to be pretty crap quality. The cut along the top edge is super rough. It's one of those things I'll completely forget about and won't even think about it after a few days, but you can tell it's bad just by looking at it.

1638907070051.png

1638907094803.png

Like, I thought it was the sealant oozing out until I tried cleaning it with a q-tip. It's just a very rough cut of glass. When we were talking during the install, he even commented how cheap (cost wise) the actual glass is, and how crazy it is places like Safelite charge $400+. Said out of the $300 I paid, $175 - $200 goes in his pocket after taking away the cost of taxes, material, and overhead.

GTIfan99

Autocross Champion
Just had my windshield replaced. $300. Nice guy, did a good job. 30 years experience. Scamdemic crowd would have loved him. Close to the first words out of his mouth were (in response to a sign in my neighbors yard) "Black lives matter? How about all lives matter.". Over the next hour, proceeded to comment about Biden, gas prices, taxes, the pandemic... all the Scamdemic hot topics. Just kind of agreed since I wasn't going to argue with him, but even with that, was still a nice, friendly guy.

Watched him the entire time, he said he didn't mind and likes talking to people anyway. Paid care to things like the sensors and whatnot. The only "complaint" I have, is the glass looks to be pretty crap quality. The cut along the top edge is super rough. It's one of those things I'll completely forget about and won't even think about it after a few days, but you can tell it's bad just by looking at it.

View attachment 232199

View attachment 232200

Like, I thought it was the sealant oozing out until I tried cleaning it with a q-tip. It's just a very rough cut of glass. When we were talking during the install, he even commented how cheap (cost wise) the actual glass is, and how crazy it is places like Safelite charge $400+. Said out of the $300 I paid, $175 - $200 goes in his pocket after taking away the cost of taxes, material, and overhead.

Do you have rain sensor?

Acadia18

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2019 Golf R