GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

What did you do to your mk7 today?

CaptainRatty

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
MK7 GTI
I got mine replaced with the rain sensor for $300 and he used Saint Gobain glass. Guy had 25 years of experience and did it perfectly.
Wow that's good to know. I figured Saint Gobain would be a much more expensive glass, but I guess not.

TheMechanicDude

Drag Racing Champion
Car(s)
17 GTI Sport
50DDC0BC-7F3B-4AFB-B35F-617D7CACFE6B.jpeg

B0093D15-DCA4-4F80-9471-5C6489CC7E65.jpeg

Tire gets replaced due to chunk missing. Found a set of Nogaro local for a JB4 trade. Sorta tell myself I don’t need the wheel but I can’t stop looking at it

jimlloyd40

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2018 SE DSG
Biden cut oil production? 🤣🤣🤣 US oil production has been climbing since a drop-off during the pandemic. US shale oil may never return to full production, Russia and OPEC ran them into bankruptcy at the beginning of the pandemic by not cutting production when the pandemic killed demand.

This post isn't political, it's basic 8th grade level economics. If you don't understand it, or aren't willing to spend 2 seconds googling to actually see if US oil production is up or down, then you should probably not talk about it.
The companies doing fracking shut down when oil dropped to $40 per barrel and now that the price per barrel is profitable for fracking again I'm not sure they are allowed to because of some new Biden rules. Not saying they aren't either because of the rules but I haven't researched it yet.

GTIfan99

Autocross Champion
The companies doing fracking shut down when oil dropped to $40 per barrel and now that the price per barrel is profitable for fracking again I'm not sure they are allowed to because of some new Biden rules. Not saying they aren't either because of the rules but I haven't researched it yet.

Oil is only at a high enough level to support fracking because OPEC and Russia are playing games.

Again, US oil production is climbing and almost to pre pandemic levels without fracking. A lot if fracking companies went bankrupt during the pandemic, because it's a lot more expensive to produce. There are now fewer fracking companies than before the pandemic. It would take longterm high prices to make fracking enticing to investors.

https://www.google.com/search?q=fra...droid-verizon&sourceid=chrome-mobile&ie=UTF-8

OPEC and Russia not increasing production is the issue.

GenX Retread

Drag Racing Champion
Car(s)
2021 GTI Autobahn
Picked up an OBD11 Pro Pack from the local VDub tuner shop. Changed a bunch of settings... it's awesome, great value for $150CAD.

Nineeightyone

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
20 CX5 19 GTI 10 MZ3
IIRC I paid $50 or so for mine used so I wasn’t picky on color, especially with it only somewhat visible with the hood popped.
Appreciate the honest information and not just saying 'IT TIGHTENED UP THE CAR SO MUCH IT FEELS AMAZING NOW IT'S A RACECAR'. Your information is always done with performance as a primary goal, and in a level way that (hopefully) serves to educate the community as a whole. When I was younger I thought I wanted something of this nature, but the reality was in order to get the behavior I wanted out of my FWD car, I wanted a stiffer RSB matched to a correctly matched spring and strut/shock setup, instead of stupid low and stiff as hell.

I thought my first mk4 handled great, because it was stiff. It took me a long time to learn to properly set up a car (and I'm still learning a lot), but there's a ton of folks out there who only want to push a product. It's nice to see your company trying to offer solutions, not just whip up parts that will sell to people who don't know any better.

GTI Jake

Autocross Champion
Appreciate the honest information and not just saying 'IT TIGHTENED UP THE CAR SO MUCH IT FEELS AMAZING NOW IT'S A RACECAR'. Your information is always done with performance as a primary goal, and in a level way that (hopefully) serves to educate the community as a whole. When I was younger I thought I wanted something of this nature, but the reality was in order to get the behavior I wanted out of my FWD car, I wanted a stiffer RSB matched to a correctly matched spring and strut/shock setup, instead of stupid low and stiff as hell.

I thought my first mk4 handled great, because it was stiff. It took me a long time to learn to properly set up a car (and I'm still learning a lot), but there's a ton of folks out there who only want to push a product. It's nice to see your company trying to offer solutions, not just whip up parts that will sell to people who don't know any better.

Thanks, even if it means cutting myself out of a sale I try to be the voice of reason when giving less experienced enthusiasts advice. My top ten Mk7 mods list doesn’t start off with things I build or sell, which is no accident, it’s based on my genuine experience with our platform.

This bar btw isn’t something I build or sell, I just figured the installation would make for good YouTube content when I bought the bar used from a buddy several months ago.