GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

The Next Car Swap

dadaR6

Passed Driver's Ed
Yeah, they don't lease out the 3 year old lease returns. They just turn around and sell those for about 10 grand more than they are worth. They lease the 'certified elite' ones as they call it which all have less than 10k miles. I think there is some warranty provision that extends throughout the lease or else why would you do it. Some forum bro leased a 1 year old 3'r with 11k miles on the clock for pretty cheap. It's already got some damage too so you can just pummel it. Guy at my work is leasing a 335i m sport right now. Checked out the interior the other day. I mean, ok, it's a rad car but dude he's paying like $650 a month. It doesn't look or feel much different than my car. Same seats, same steering wheel, same everything. Has some gay carbon fiber looking aluminum trim, paddle shifters, some other tech bullshit. It's obviously balls fast and has the insanely vented fast and furious front end but come on.. I mean who even cares? Do you know what my average speed was on the way into work today? 20mph.

Fucking MSRP of $62000! hahahaha! It's basically a 320i sport pkg with a different engine and some other crap for almost double the price.

It's all bullshit.

You are focusing too much on trying to find the car with the least amount of options to keep the selling price the lowest. At the end, it is not necessarily the cheapest one to lease. It is a bit strange but leasing a car with higher selling value could be cheaper than less expensive one!

The selling price of my car was about $1,500 more than a lesser equipped car, but the lease was $20 less per month (that might not be the exact number, but close enough). It really depends on the % discount you get from MSRP, not selling price itself.

I was the same as you, looking for that almost no option car that maybe 1 dealer had. I then found that most dealers had more optioned car that they discounted more making the lease cheaper.

Tk_mkv1

Go Kart Champion
+1 here mine does too.

Asians are smart with their money.

She makes nearly 200k a year and drives a 19k MSRP Civic 0FG

Indians and asians have the best iq in math. That explains why you see them on cars like camry's and so on. Indians are really good at lowballing, something like "what about my price" and they walk out saying no its okay and to a miserable walkaway thinking they can lower the price for em.

Some asian parents, for instance, my viet friend wanted a new car, she wanted a cruze, her mom said "japanese cars only".

McQueen77

Banned
Right but for a meager $50 a month you get a brand new 328i that you can equip the right way, rather than getting an ex rental or what not.

As you mentioned a non line 328i is pretty gay.

I have never seen one with a sport package or seats and they are all on marschmellow suspensions. Kind of defeats the purpose of a bmw.

$50? I don't know about that. Figure a optioned like you want it sport line or m sport is about $47,500MSRP with a $42k selling price, you are looking at about $470 a month. End of the day it's for a lease. I have this thing in my mind where anything over $400 a month should be something you are paying off. That's cuz I be poe.

maxtdi

Go Kart Champion
$50? I don't know about that. Figure a optioned like you want it sport line or m sport is about $47,500MSRP with a $42k selling price, you are looking at about $470 a month. End of the day it's for a lease. I have this thing in my mind where anything over $400 a month should be something you are paying off. That's cuz I be poe.

~470 a month after tax right? That is a fair amount...

I'd be curious to see what Golf Rs will lease for as well... Damn Yaris egg looks but literally 100% of the utility and performance/price I want though.

McQueen77

Banned
You are focusing too much on trying to find the car with the least amount of options to keep the selling price the lowest. At the end, it is not necessarily the cheapest one to lease. It is a bit strange but leasing a car with higher selling value could be cheaper than less expensive one!

The selling price of my car was about $1,500 more than a lesser equipped car, but the lease was $20 less per month (that might not be the exact number, but close enough). It really depends on the % discount you get from MSRP, not selling price itself.

I was the same as you, looking for that almost no option car that maybe 1 dealer had. I then found that most dealers had more optioned car that they discounted more making the lease cheaper.

Word. This is indeed a possibility. Incentives on various cars are a total mystery. When my friend was shopping for leasing a 3, the guy emailed him like 5 quotes of cars in inventory, all with various configurations and the prices varied quite a bit. I think you come in there with your ideal build and then you cross shop and compare that with existing inventory (which will always be cheaper) vs. demos/loaners etc.

I'd be curious to see what Golf Rs will lease for as well... Damn Yaris egg looks but literally 100% of the utility and performance/price I want though.

The Golf R is pretty tempting. I just get the impression it would be hard to get them to budge on price. Utility for days though, that's for sure. Speaking of utility, X3 has been catching my eye lately. I should find the link but there is a dude on youtube that makes good videos of his X3 35i and that thing is a beast. The other day I had to haul something and ended up taking my wifes car because it wouldn't even remotely fit in my car. Made me miss the Yaris.

maxtdi

Go Kart Champion
BASE MSRP
$37,500
M Sport$3,400
Alpine White$0
Black SensaTec$0
Dark Burl Walnut wood trim$0
Lighting Package$900
M Sport Brakes$650
Heated front seats$500
Harman Kardon surround sound system$875
Total MSRP as Built $44,775
Estimated Lease 518/mo

45k perfectly equipped.

thedude4bides

Go Kart Champion

Wouldn't it be far more than you'd be willing to part with, rendering you to be relegated in your turbo diesel egg indefinitely?

dadaR6

Passed Driver's Ed
Word. This is indeed a possibility. Incentives on various cars are a total mystery. When my friend was shopping for leasing a 3, the guy emailed him like 5 quotes of cars in inventory, all with various configurations and the prices varied quite a bit. I think you come in there with your ideal build and then you cross shop and compare that with existing inventory (which will always be cheaper) vs. demos/loaners etc.

Yes, go in with your minimum requirements and see what is available. That could also be your argument to convince them to lower their price as you do not need those options. I more or less got the Tech Package for free even though I did not care for it.

maxtdi

Go Kart Champion
Wouldn't it be far more than you'd be willing to part with, rendering you to be relegated in your turbo diesel egg indefinitely?

Ppl who are upside down on 4 year old cars shouldn't be allowed to point fingers.