GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

The Next Car Swap

McQueen77

Banned
45k perfectly equipped.

That's an interesting route, and it would 'seem' perfectly equipped but here's what you get with that:

Sensatec is pretty shitty. Doesn't breath at all. Hard, frigid, either cold or sweltering hot. I think leather would be better, no?

I didn't see moonroof. No moonroof no go for me. That's $1050 on it's own I think. It's rolled into the $3200 premium pkg. Premium gets you leather, keyless entry/comfort access trunk opening w/wave of foot, Sirius radio (which I never used in the GTI and loathe), 4 way power lumbar which would be nice and auto dimming mirrors, which, lets face it, are nice. So if I didn't get premium and made due with manually dimming mirrors (like my current car, what is this 1985?), vinyl ass ball sweat seats and no lumbar support, I'd still pay the grand for the moonroof so end of day, that's an extra $2150 for those other features and leather. Hard call.

maxtdi

Go Kart Champion
That's an interesting route, and it would 'seem' perfectly equipped but here's what you get with that:

Sensatec is pretty shitty. Doesn't breath at all. Hard, frigid, either cold or sweltering hot. I think leather would be better, no?

I didn't see moonroof. No moonroof no go for me. That's $1050 on it's own I think. It's rolled into the $3200 premium pkg. Premium gets you leather, keyless entry/comfort access trunk opening w/wave of foot, Sirius radio (which I never used in the GTI and loathe), 4 way power lumbar which would be nice and auto dimming mirrors, which, lets face it, are nice. So if I didn't get premium and made due with manually dimming mirrors (like my current car, what is this 1985?), vinyl ass ball sweat seats and no lumbar support, I'd still pay the grand for the moonroof so end of day, that's an extra $2150 for those other features and leather. Hard call.

Fak I don't know... To me there is no difference between leather and sensafake or what not.
Premium is a huge rip....
Forgot monroof, but you can trade that for the M brakes and stereo... I added those for my ideal build.

McQueen77

Banned
Ppl who are upside down on 4 year old cars shouldn't be allowed to point fingers.

Damn.. Bring out the gloves.

Max, I think what dudepants was saying is that you've pointed out in this thread many times that "x amount of money is a lot to rent a car" referring to high lease prices, and I agree, thus the whole point of the discussion which is how do you get the yuppiemobile you are happy with while paying the least amount of money?

maxtdi

Go Kart Champion
Damn.. Bring out the gloves.

Max, I think what dudepants was saying is that you've pointed out in this thread many times that "x amount of money is a lot to rent a car" referring to high lease prices, and I agree, thus the whole point of the discussion which is how do you get the yuppiemobile you are happy with while paying the least amount of money?

I dunno I suppose I misunderstood?!
I was genuinely trying to help him out in his thread. Not sure where that parallel got drawn.

Desert MVIGTI

Go Kart Champion

You're just mad because your AZN is driving around in her zero fucksmobile getting her bumpers worn off in the city and you would love to have the same attitude with the egg but you can't because for some inexplicable reason you'd prefer to be getting 5mpg in a Hellcat Charger. #stillcheaperhabitthanboatsorairplanes.

thedude4bides

Go Kart Champion
You're just mad because your AZN is driving around in her zero fucksmobile getting her bumpers worn off in the city and you would love to have the same attitude with the egg but you can't because for some inexplicable reason you'd prefer to be getting 5mpg in a Hellcat Charger. #stillcheaperhabitthanboatsorairplanes.
Isn't it also cheaper than gambling, hookers, and blow?
:laugh:

maxtdi

Go Kart Champion
I am kinda mad... I still park this damn egg farish away and I have 0 door dings after almost 4 years. She has at least 4 including a pretty big one in the middle of her drivers door and scraped up bumper

And once again... CREEPILY ON FKING POINT

Isn't it also cheaper than gambling, hookers, and blow?
:laugh:

Just last two for me please :clap:

McQueen77

Banned
Fak I don't know... To me there is no difference between leather and sensafake or what not.
Premium is a huge rip....
Forgot monroof, but you can trade that for the M brakes and stereo... I added those for my ideal build.

Yeah I know.. It is a fucking rip. The stupid auto dimming mirrors should just be standard in a fucking $45k car. Jesus Christ what assholes. What total assholes. Let me try another build...

M Sport is a rip too though. what do you get with that, really? Some gay body kit and a better steering wheel. $3400 for that? Shit. It also forces you to get some gay metallic paint. Sport line you could get jet black with 0FG and save $500. You'd just have to make due with the slightly inferior steering wheel.

328i Base $37500
Sportline $2500
Jet Black $0
Anthracite Wood Trim w/chrome highlight $0
Lighting Package $900
M sport suspension $0
Heated front seats $500
Sport AT w/paddle shifters $500
Moonroof $1050
Harmon Kardon Surround Sound $875

MSRP as built $44775

Now that's more like it. Could shoot for a selling price of $39000, lease payment of about $425 OTD. That's bare bones 328 with the 'essentials'.

I give 0F about gambling, but the hookers and blow... Yahtzee