GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Official Candy White GTI (B4B4) Pics Thread

g60_corrado_91

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
2006 GTI 6MT Pkg 1
Yes. Those orange specs are even clay bar resistant.. WTF? Who's got methods that don't involve an orbital sander and industrial grade buffers?

Clay bar works, your hand just takes a beating because of how hard you have to press down on the paint.

I've also had success with cleaner wax, but again, lots of rubbing.

I've found finishing waxes such as NXT don't do anything with the orange specs.

jf1980

GILF Hunter
Is the BM that everyone talks about the same as the Diamond Black (pearl) here in the UK? My Polo is Diamond Black, it looks great at night but not as good as the white when the sun's out. It's not too bad showing the dirt but it's covered in small scratches from the electric car wash, they show up so easily!

I went to the dealers today and they have Red/Grey/Black. I test drove the black one as it was the only DSG and I wanted to try it out before I go an order a DSG box (only ever driven manual over the 10 years I've been driving).

Red, hmm, one of my girls likes red but it's a bit too 'look at me' for my liking. The black was quite nice although I'm worried about it scratching easily. Grey actually looked good too, much better in overcast conditions as in the sun it just looks like off-silver. I'm not a fan of the reflex silver--I had a BMW E46 coupe in titanium silver which was great but reflex silver isn't bright enough and I don't know I just don't think it suits the car.

The only thing stopping me from ordering the car is not being able to decide on the colour!!!! We even get free leather in the UK now :)

Really like the white but I think I'll probably end up going with black. If we had the orange or yellow available here I would go for one of those--I've thought about getting the yellow Seat CupraR but I think the interior finish in the Leon is a bit cheap/tacky feeling.

g60_corrado_91

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
2006 GTI 6MT Pkg 1
BMP (black magic pearl).

Not sure if it's the same as Diamond black. Probably similar, but I doubt two different VW colors are the same, unless they have a different name in different countries.

VWsalesguyVA

Ready to race!

g60_corrado_91

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
2006 GTI 6MT Pkg 1
Very nice, are those the standard tint windows?

Do many of you guys have sunroofs? I haven't had one in my last few cars and I haven't missed it, no need to worry about leaks!

They look standard to me, as in no tint.

I have a sunroof, a lot of others do as well.

My 1998 Jetta's sunroof never leaked, this one doesn't leak, hell my Corrado didn't leak either, unless it was cracked open since it didn't close properly (typical Corrado issue).

g60_corrado_91

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
2006 GTI 6MT Pkg 1
I get some tar spots by the rear of the front wheelwells...I just use a bug cloth and they come right out.

Claybar removes surface contaminants, very easy to use.

Yup, you just have to make sure to use a spray type wax as "lubrication" and then always wax after you use the claybar. The claybar removes all the contaminants and wax, so if you just claybar, your paint will be very vulnerable to the elements.

g60_corrado_91

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
2006 GTI 6MT Pkg 1
I'm sure it's blasphemy to not know this, but what wheels are those on VWsalesguyVA's car?
Very nice, one of my favorites on the board.

They are Chicago rims. I believe they are OEM rims from VW, so they're probably 18x7.5 ET50ish and I'm sure they're a pretty penny as well.

jf1980

GILF Hunter
Yup, you just have to make sure to use a spray type wax as "lubrication" and then always wax after you use the claybar. The claybar removes all the contaminants and wax, so if you just claybar, your paint will be very vulnerable to the elements.

That sounds like a lot of work, maybe white isn't for me?!? I don't have enough time for waxing and polishing. I normally handwash once every three weeks :/