GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Hello and welcome. Introduce yourselves here

DJEuphoria

Go Kart Champion
you know i've been a member here since last August and never introduced myself here?

my name is George. I'm 21 years young. i love anything VAG related; and volkswagens/audis too.

this is my third car but first euro. i've always wanted a euro since thats all my family drives and i've been obsessed with euros since i was old enough to wash my dad's cars.

i like to party.

junior0404

Ready to race!
Car(s)
mk6 07k turbo
you know i've been a member here since last August and never introduced myself here?

my name is George. I'm 21 years young. i love anything VAG related; and volkswagens/audis too.

this is my third car but first euro. i've always wanted a euro since thats all my family drives and i've been obsessed with euros since i was old enough to wash my dad's cars.

i like to party.

Hell yeah! Pacha/websterhall and pink elephant are basicaly my 2nd/3rd and 4th house! :D

irishpride

Passed Driver's Ed
Hello, I'm Tony I recently bought a 2011 GTI 6sp and love it so far..

need to order a few things (coils and exhaust), and have already started the modding hahah.. so far:

-disabled seatbelt light
-activated drl option in my cluster (guess the forgot to) then I disabled it through the cluster.
-installed euro switch
-wired the fogs to be on with the city light position
-activated fogs on with high beams
- windows with remote

ordered- front euro plate holder, and rear plate holder. with more to come :)

monteman791

Passed Driver's Ed
YAAAA! I just parked my very first GTI in the garage. Get this, I bought a 6MT with out test driving the manual and NEVER DROVE STICK...stalled out 6 times in about 45 miles, did some freeway driving, and made it home without crashing.

6MT, black 4 door, Xenons, roof, all that jazz....no leather, too sticky

TRBO309

Hey every one, I'm from central IL and Just picked up my first VW a 2011 United Grey GTI with sunroof and DSG. I'm loving it so far, it's a huge change from the mustangs I have owned in the past and the Cobra I am selling currently. I've been a gear head since I was old enough to drive but this 4 cyl turbo thing is going to be a change. Glad to join the Forum and hopefully get some good info.

WIGGLES84

Ready to race!
Hi all. my name is Andrew and i recently picked up a 2010 shadow blue DSG GTI. My first VW:thumbup:. Almost got a MKV back in early 09 but the payments where a bit out of my range at the time. My last car was a 2002 neon that i drove in the ground, but some how I was able to get $2000! Suckers.

I'm looking to do some mods, but nothing crazy as this my daily driver. And with a growing family it's hard to justify replacing things on the GTI that work just fine.

I'm looking forward to getting to know some of you and gaining some knowledge from this forum.

Andrew

Am Schnellsten!

Schnell, schneller, ...
Hallo GTI aficionados!

Greetings! This is Andrew from Charlotte.

My lease on my fine 328 vert ends in June, but finances have me looking to spend less than $30k on a new car, preferably to lease under $400 (36 mos, 12k miles, 0 down).

After much research, I lust after a new GTI 2dr man w/sunroof! Preaching to the choir here of course… :thumbup:

Besides leasing/dealer questions which I will direct to the appropriate thread, I’m interested in the APR stage 1 tune (I’ve never chipped a car before). Not whether I should get one, but rather:

Can I build the cost of it into my lease? i.e. will the dealer allow it/be interested in it? I say this because in the d’ship I went to here in Charlotte a dude with an ominous 5 o’clock shadow there was called over by my salesman and came up to me in a sort of wanna buy pics of nekkid girls kind of way and mentioned the tune and I should talk to him if so yadda yadda.

Also, if yes, wait 1k miles and then have them do it, for, say $700 all told?
I also have the wife to convince, that’s yet another thread (or even forum), but advice is welcome!

Thanks for hearing a new face out.

A

GrisTDI

Passed Driver's Ed
he guys
my name is chris i am 23.
my first car was an VW polo 6n2
second car an Fiat grande punto
but now the golf mk6 TDI 2.0
3doors shark bleu.

just put some mods on:
Rims: Barracuda Voltec T6
lowering springs
stabilizer bar (front top)
the bar isnt mounted right on the pic. will make some new pics when the sun is shining

soon to come:
windows tinted
painted some parts in high gloss black:
mirrors
difusser
wrapped roof high gloss black.

Attachments

• IMG_0209.jpg
    IMG_0209.jpg
    268.5 KB · Views: 234
  • IMG_0212.jpg
    IMG_0212.jpg
    292.1 KB · Views: 216
  • IMG_0213.jpg
    IMG_0213.jpg
    334.3 KB · Views: 233
  • IMG_0216.jpg
    IMG_0216.jpg
    277.3 KB · Views: 233
  • IMG_0217.jpg
    IMG_0217.jpg
    335.8 KB · Views: 232
  • IMG_0219.jpg
    IMG_0219.jpg
    345.6 KB · Views: 224

airandwater

Passed Driver's Ed
I pick up my 2011 GTI tomorrow (CSG 6MT w/ sunroof and nav option). This will be my 7th VW so im not exactly new to vdubs.... but i am new to this forum. The previous ones are:

76 beetle
92 GTI 16V (awesome little car - still miss it)
00 GTI VR6
04 R32
68 Type III square (still have this one! soo much fun to drive)
02 Passat GLX wagon (currently for sale......)

All the aboves were / are manuals..... no thanks on the DSG. Looking forward to my new one, finally seems GTI's are back to their roots (or as close as they can be by today's standards - safety.... govt madates..... etc...etc). i only plan on doing an APR stage one after about a year or so but the car is a blast stock. Oh and i want to swap out the detroits (even tho i feel like a trader since i live near detroit) and put on 17's - too many potholes here for 18's. but that is it. :thumbsup:

GTICCMR2

Hi . Ralph in PIttsburgh. Spent the last 4 years on MKV board and got a MKVI in December. I autocross the MKVI for a local dealer, as i did the MKV . Can't complain about the sponsorship,so i try to make it look good for them. Running in G stock so will have minimum mods. Have gotten a lot of info from you guys so far . Glad to be here.

Attachments

• DSCF0011.JPG
    DSCF0011.JPG
    134.9 KB · Views: 210
  • DSCF0014.JPG
    DSCF0014.JPG
    188.5 KB · Views: 212
  • 4-5-09.jpg
    4-5-09.jpg
    168.1 KB · Views: 221

Justin501

Passed Driver's Ed
Hello all, I am Justin and new to these forums. I am picking up my 2011 GTi tomorrow and am excited to be apart of this community! Been lurking here for a while, but since I will be driving a GTI tomorrow, I finally registered!

flyguy27

Ready to race!
Hey everyone, I'm Kenny and I have been lurking for over a year now, so.. while I don't own a GTI yet, I figure I will join since I hope to have a 4 door autobahn manual one of these days. (Thinking of trading the IS)

Kenny