GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Hello and welcome. Introduce yourselves here

heatmakerr

hey guys..just registered as a new member!

As the thread title states, Im signing a lease on a Carbon Steel Gray MKVI GTI (DSG, Sun/Nav/Bi-Xenons) this thurs 3/24 and cannot contain my excitement. IMO the MKVI is the best iteration of this car although i lusted after the MKV and still admire their design whenever I see them on the road. Part of me regrets not buying one and then eventually transitioning to the MKVI GTI or even the upcoming R.

Anywho, the lease is ending on my E350 and im going to keep the Corolla (180k+ and no major problems) for daily commutes and the GTI for weekends and fair weather driving

I look forward to learning more about this car, as its my first VW, and cant wait for thursday to get here

Cheers to you all!

xxodisxx

Passed Driver's Ed
Wuts up everybody, been through the forums for awhile but never registered. Well I was always into Mustangs but a couple of friends had vw's when I was in training in D.C. Fell in love with them ever since. I lucked out with mine at carmax as it was already equipped with APR TBE and Stg 1 as far as I can tell (still trying to get in to a shop and confirm). BMP mk6 gti with mods and 3k miles for a good price. Luv these dam cars.

REMUS

Hello everyone!

My name is Rafael and I'm from Portugal. I'm a proud owner of a GOLF VI 1.6 TDI Bluemotion. It's not a track monster but it has the spirit :p
I hope to learn much from all of you guys!
Thnaks

mitsuplexnyc

Ready to race!
Hi . Ralph in PIttsburgh. Spent the last 4 years on MKV board and got a MKVI in December. I autocross the MKVI for a local dealer, as i did the MKV . Can't complain about the sponsorship,so i try to make it look good for them. Running in G stock so will have minimum mods. Have gotten a lot of info from you guys so far . Glad to be here.

Looks great!

themaxx

Passed Driver's Ed
Hi guys. I've been driving an '02 jetta for the past ten years and am seriously considering making the jump to a new GTI, but haven't quite convinced myself to pull the trigger on it. I've been lurking, soaking up all your info and photos. Hopefully I'll have something to contribute soon.

Uncle Benny

Hi all,

Bought a used 2009 GTI (2.0 liter gas, wish I coulda found a TDI just for the better gas mielage) last year after a drunk driver rear ended my 2008 Altima 3.5 and totaled it. It's a really fun car to drive. The oil filter was a bit of a shock after I finally found one at an O'Reiley's auto parts, and it was $30. I found a site called RockAuto and have been buying them there. I think they were around $12. Now, they're down to under $11.

Now I'm due for my 40K service. Called a local independent shop and talked to a guy that seemed to know the car really well. He had done the same service to an '08 recently. Said it would be around $300-350, which is a hell of a lot better than the $600-1000 at a dealer.

Anywho, glad to be here.

HyekiM

Hello! I'm Mike from London. I drive the most basic Golf, It's solid, slow and blue. This is my first car and I'm still within the period of being elated with driving due to being mobile. Plans for the future are strip this car back and turn it in to a track day car, buy a GTi, buy a Porsche. Happy driving!

REMUS

Welcome! What color did you get? 2 door or 4 door? Pretty sweet you already got a modded car

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

Dunno if your questions were for me but it's a 4door, white candy :)

I modded a little:
-Rear spoiler from VW catalog
-Sport foot-rest
-Chromed dual exhaust tip
-De-badged trunk

The next mods will be a GTD front bumper or the R20 Leds for the back :)

lolex

Hello guys,

Greetings from the Far East =) Will be getting my CSG MKVI in a weeks time! It's excited to be part of the VW Golf GTI family and look forward to share and learn about VW GTI with fellow members here.

Rgds
LOLEX

blodger

Hey Yo,
Pick up my first GTI tomorrow. Owned a W8 wagon for a couple of years and fell in love with VW then. Looking forward to having fun with this new daily driver.

Hearst555

Hi guys, just recently joined the VW Golf MK6 club! I currently drive a VW Golf Twist in Reflex Silver and based in the United Kingdom.

But I didn't like the stock rear lights so I gave it the Golf R conversion! Pricey but worth it! :thumbsup:

Nuepic

What's up guys? Another newbie here. I have 2010 CW 2 door GTI. We all know what these look like so no need to post pics, yet..Just installed Koni coils, Magnaflow CB and intake, really loving this car.