GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Fuel Pressure Limiting Valve?

BoTcH

Passed Driver's Ed
Car(s)
2018 GTI
Back again, now with some Vagcom logs maybe someone can help me troubleshoot this issue.
I have a P2293 code, but the car drives fine, no fuel cuts, no obvious performance issues, and the cam follower was replaced recently.

I have changed pretty much everything, LPFP, LPFP control Module, LP fuel sensor, HPFP, High Pressure Fuel sensor (on the fuel rail). The only thing that hasn't been replaced yet is the limiting valve on the fuel rail ( https://www.ecstuning.com/b-genuine.../06d130757c/?gclid=CIGro9Ca4M4CFcECaQod2uUPzA ).
I'm very reluctant to take the manifold off just to replace that valve, because it maybe or may not be faulty....all the other parts were easy to get to, but that's the only thing remaining, and the logs show that the fuel pressure on the rail is sometimes (or most of the time) is below the specified pressure....... I'm thinking that the valve is faulty and it opens too early relieving the pressure and guiding it back to the pump before it should! (i'm assuming that the limit is 110 Bar, and I didn't see the pressure on the rail exceed 90 Bar)

Any suggestions?

008851 - Fuel Pressure Regulator Valve (N276)
P2293 - 002 - Mechanical Malfunction - Intermittent - MIL ON
Freeze Frame:
Fault Status: 10100010
Fault Priority: 0
Fault Frequency: 254
Reset counter: 255
Mileage: 214846 km
Time Indication: 0
Date: 2000.00.00
Time: 12:00:36

Attachments

• LOG-01-230-103-215.zip
    20.8 KB · Views: 135

ROH ECHT

K04 PLAY
Car(s)
2007 MKV GTI
The N276 is on the top of the hpfp. My suggestion is find out if the wires to the N276 are intact...given the hpfp is new. You can replace it and see, but I would look at the N276 function as per the fault code which has nothing to do with the fprv.

BoTcH

Passed Driver's Ed
Car(s)
2018 GTI
The pump was brand new.
Could it be a bad relay? Causing it to intermittently trigger a fault?..... I know that there is a j16 relay (relay 167) that's for the fuel pump I believe..... But again if it was faulty i think I would feel fuel cut offs
And if it's not the hpfp and not the prv, then why the rail pressure isn't up to spec?

ROH ECHT

K04 PLAY
Car(s)
2007 MKV GTI
There is no relay...I once had a fault code for the relay and there is none. Must be something else.

BoTcH

Passed Driver's Ed
Car(s)
2018 GTI
So the wiring doesn't look like it's damaged. As far as I can tell anyway.
Besides, I think a wiring issue would result in fuel cuts, but again the logs show that the pressure doesn't reach the specified values. Anyone has any ideas?