GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Insert Build Thread Title here:

ukrbeast

Illest
Car(s)
2009 V-Dub GTI
Bio: 20 years old, US Army, made poor decisions in my life, build /thread. Inspired by Jay. I do what I want.

February 6, 2014-
GTI Acquired ~55,XXX Miles (maybe 58,000)

February 13, 2014-
Monster Mats were my first "mod".

February XX, 2014-
Window tints 25% all around, not including front windshield
(even the sunroof.)

XXXX, XX, 2014-
Resinator Delete
(my god, that was a terrible idea, all the ricer heads were turning)

August 8, 2014-
SPM Downpipe bought.
(Installed sometime before tune)

October 23, 2014-
APR Stage 2+ Stock/93/100/Valet/ Code Erase (Re-Flashed too many times to count.)
R8 Coil Packs installed the same day.
ODO: 62682

November 25, 2014-
APR Intake Installed
(yes stage 2+ with just a downpipe :headbang:)

December 4, 2014-
Blue interior lights installed
(found them on ebay for like $0.49 a set, seemed like a good idea at the time, refer to bio.

January 20, 2015-
Stock downpipe installed for emissions
Shipped out for Basic Combat training same day
(wouldn't see my car until July 17, 2015)

July 15, 2015-
The last of the car parts came in while I was still in AIT (Advanced Individual Training).

July 18 2015-
Installed:
SPM Downpipe
Eurojet Catback
Koni STR.T Struts/shocks
H&R Super Sport Springs
034 Track Compound Strut Mounts.
ODO: 68,000
(This was the day after I flew in from training, and could not have been done without the love and support of my close friends. All the credit for this install goes to MKV Forum Members: Das Gespenst, Boondock, and MK6 Forum Members jay745, and Eddie, not sure if you're on the forums.)

August 27, 2015-
Engine Cover painted White
Projector Fogs installed
Carbon Fiber Vinyl used to cover up grille plate holes.
Before: Top of Pikes Peak Colorado Springs.

After: With and Without Fogs on.
With:

Without:

September 27, 2015-
Sold my OEM Huffs w/ Continental DWS Tires. The hype is huge behind them on the forums. I did not like them. They were not bad, but not great in dry weather, decent in wet weather, and not bad, but not great on snow. 6/10.
Bought steelies with Dunlop SP WINTER SPORT 3D. Something to just get me through the winter until I can get proper Summer Wheels and tires.

October 6, 2015-
I finally got my own Vag-Com cable.
Previously had: Remote Windows, DRL Delete (done by Jay745)
Did myself: TPMS Delete, TPM through ABS, Window Washer Fluid Warning Delete, Seat Belt Chime Delete, Fogs + High beams can be on at the same time.
Perfect timing for my 80k service.

October 9, 2015-
EBC Red Stuff Brake Pads installed Front/Rear
ODO:73,500

October 18, 2015-
Steelies Painted Green ( just to piss everyone off, It's working) also the friend that has been letting me use his garage on Post, his kids love it. So I did it to make children smile, can't get mad about that.

October 22, 2015-
STR600 Brake Fluid bought
- I hate dealing with brake fluid, and bleeding lines. Can't handle the stress.

November 3, 2015-
My Neuspeed RSE-05 Red Wheels came in. They will be my summer set up, on yet to be determined summer tires. (Sumitomo HTR Z II) BF Goodrich Rivals seem like too much for me at the moment, but that's my other choice.

November 13, 2015-
I did my 80k Service at 75.3k (vagcom was needed, trust me)

Did my oil change the same day. So funny story on this. I had never done my own oil change to this point. The dealership where I bought my car offered a special every year around the same time for oil changes at the price of parts, so I did that.
My oil plug was in desperate need of replacement, and I grabbed a new one when I was buying everything for my 80k service.
The oil filter was put on by King Motherfucking Kong himself. I stripped a metal 75mm oil filter tool, and it took two of my friends, one pushing, the other pulling on a Rubber Strap Wrench to get it off.

12/20/15 Ordered: 034 Solid Rear Swaybar 25.4mm, 034 Rear Endlinks, 034 Front Endlinks, 034 Pendulum mount, HPA Red Puck, BSH Trans mount, and BSH Engine mount.

December 26, 2015
Close enough. So nice of Chris M to throw in a shirt, and some other goodies.

It all looks soo good.

December 28, 2015
034Mororsport Dogbone mount came in

December 30, 2015
Wieght is about the same, but the 034 dogbone is much more solid. No real noticeable NVH like I've read from other /threads

Same day I upgraded to NGK BKR7EIX plugs, stayed at stock gap of .032. but will probably be going to .028. Felt the improvement on this one. (or it was the new aerodynamic wiper blades I did at the same time).

December 31, 2015
Neiko® 10056A XZN Triple Square sockets came in for my next install. (1/2/2016 update, they are really good.)

January 2, 2016
034Motorsports Rear Sway, and rear endlinks installed. Set to sitffest. It is incredible. Felt the diffrence just creeping forward out of the garage. The rear end of the car is much better connected, and just makes the overall drivablity so much better. Did an hour or so of road testing, and it just completly got rid of the OEM GTI slop of switching lanes at speed, and car flying across two lanes when coming off of a turn on ramp at speed. I would go as far to say that is the next Stage 2. That feeling of first getting tuned. it's the same grin and feeling.

January 30, 2016
Switched from the SPM Catted Section to the SPM Non-Catted Section. Not much diffrence down low, but up-top the exhaust note sounds a bit more "ballzy" especialy on high RPM shifts. I would even say it slightly decreased cabin noise. There is no more "whistle" on shifts. (it wasn't an exhaust leak, I thought this at first too)

The same night I decided to finally change my front endlinks. It was a warm day, and they were squecking very loud. I found that my passanger side OEM endlink managed to get itself loose on the swaybar end. The 034 Motorsport endlinks were felt on the first turn of the wheel. Incredible diffrence.

January 31, 2016
ODO 77,777 miles
BSH Engine/Trans mount installed. I could feel the diffrence on start up. Also the exhaust note has changed. High NVH at low RPM ( pulling out of the driveway, going from a stop). That said, I love the change. feels so much more planted up front, shifts are smoother. And i'll even go as far to say there is more usable power.

Old V.S. New. The OEM Motor and Trans mount are significantly bigger, but slightly ligher than the BSH

The Trans mount was ever so slightly more difficult to install due to the number of bolts that need to line up. Had to pull on the transmition while pushing the mount to the driver side to get it seated well. It didn't help having cables run across the bottom felt frame bolt.

February 1, 2016
HPA Puck Installed.

February 13, 2016
Wheels mounted, balanced, and put on. Hankook Ventus RS3 V2 tires in 235/45/R17 on Neuspeed RSE05 wheels.

Light:

Dark:

Fitment: There is no rubbing at all. I think I got lucky with this.

Future: Upgrade Rear Sway bar (done), Front/Rear endlinks(done), FMIC or Upgraded Core OEM Slot IC, Mounts, Mounts, and more Mounts(progress made), K04 to be determined.

Last edited:

ukrbeast

Illest
Car(s)
2009 V-Dub GTI
12/20/15 Ordered: 034 Solid Rear Swaybar 25.4mm, 034 Rear Endlinks, 034 Front Endlinks, 034 Pendulum mount, HPA Red Puck, BSH Trans mount, and BSH Engine mount.

Installs to come early Jan.

ukrbeast

Illest
Car(s)
2009 V-Dub GTI
Updates from 12/20/15

034 Rear Endlinks installed with 034 Rear Sway Bar.
Out with the old and in with the new.

Hard to find install information for 034 rear endlinks/Sway this is how I did mine witht the help of a picture found online.

All togeather

Close up

LilRaverBoi

Optometrist Prime
Nice mods so far....keep it coming!

xSabretoothx

Fast w/ training wheels
Car(s)
2008 GTI
You have the 034 ball bearing dogbone piece, right? Really no crazy vibrations and such?