GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

The Golfmk OFF-TOPIC chat (Part 11)

snobrdrdan

former GTI owner
That's cool. I can't bring myself to get rid of my MKV, we've been through too much together. I think I would cry if I saw someone else driving it.

also, 13 VW's in 10 years? That's insane dude.

Yeah I know...I think I want something else, then I fall back to what I had before....it's been a sad cycle.
Having kids changed things a lot too.

I did almost change over to the MQB/MK7 platform, a '17 GTI Sport, BUT when we found out about kid #3....that killed that dream instantly.

And so then it was going to be an Atlas next, for kid hauling duty, but they didn't lease out well AT ALL. And although I loved the VR6 in my Passat....that same 3.6 felt super sluggish/lethargic in the heavier Atlas.

My old GTI....unfortunately the 2nd owner didn't take too great of care of it (other than most maintenance), so it was neglected a little....which is a shame. I had that car for 2years & 25k miles, and when I traded it in it was in perfect condition still.

A small bonus for the new owner...I told him about the APR tune on it, lol. It must have gotten wiped out from dealer work or something, but the APR dealer said they'd transfer it/reflash it again for $150

Last edited:

merkeyterkey

The Real FLATTIRE
lower it.

The MK7 has an exposed plastic oil pan :barf:

I ordered the dynamic mk7.5 tail lights, kind of stoked.

Yeah I know...I think I want something else, then I fall back to what I had before....it's been a sad cycle.
Having kids changed things a lot too.

I did almost change over to the MQB/MK7 platform, a '17 GTI Sport, BUT when we found out about kid #3....that killed that dream instantly.

And so then it was going to be an Atlas next, for kid hauling duty, but they didn't lease out well AT ALL. And although I loved the VR6 in my Passat....that same 3.6 felt super sluggish/lethargic in the heavier Atlas.

My old GTI....unfortunately the 2nd owner didn't take too great of care of it (other than most maintenance), so it was neglected a little....which is a shame. I had that car for 2years & 25k miles, and when I traded it in it was in perfect condition still.

A small bonus for the new owner...I told him about the APR tune on it, lol. It must have gotten wiped out from dealer work or something, but the APR dealer said they'd transfer it/reflash it again for $150

The Atlas looks heavy

Last edited:

RSMark5

Go Kart Champion

I looked at these. What a stupid car. All that space, big ass car, tiny engine only thing it can haul is kids and soccer gear. That t-reg tho...

merkeyterkey

The Real FLATTIRE
Bullshit excuse. :sm3:

You shut your mouth, we are both on VWR springs :fighting0030:

snobrdrdan

former GTI owner
I looked at these. What a stupid car. All that space, big ass car, tiny engine only thing it can haul is kids and soccer gear. That t-reg tho...

Yup

It has nice interior space, but the 3.6/8speed auto combo didn't do it for me.

My buddy at VW kept insisting to go with the 2.0T instead, BUT VW made those order only for 2018 (except for the S trim) & I didn't want to commit without ever driving one and didn't want the S trim either (if I could find one). The R-line had the looks nailed down too, BUT VW dropped that package for the 2.0t early on or half way thru the build year.
For 2019 now the 2.0T is only available in the S trim.

Add a tune though (since GTI engine/similar anyways) and it'd be more fun than the VR6, IMO

avenali312

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2015 GTI
Anyone have any tourist tips on Paris? We fly out tomorrow for a week vacation.