GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

DM Tune and fuel trim issues

Spectre

Ready to race!
To those who have a DM tune, what intake do you use that eliminates the fuel trim issues? I have a K&N, which is straight the same diameter from the turbo to the filter. I have a different two-piece intake that is larger on the the filter side. I was wondering if the larger diameter before the MAF is what eliminates the fuel trim issues.

DM guys said run the car with the MAF unplugged. I don't want to do that. Yeah, it runs fine like that but I swear that's what contributed to my mech unit failing in my DSG because it doesn't shift the same with the MAF unplugged.

What intake do you guys use for a DM tune?

GIACUser

Master Wallet Mechanic
Car(s)
MK 6 GolfR
I run CTS intake with no problems - plays nice with DM and K04

Spectre

Ready to race!
KN intakes don't play nice with our cars, if it runs fine without the MAF unplugged the intake is your issue. Also, that wouldn't cause your mech unit to fail because they're completely unrelated. Find a new intake and your problem will be solved

It always feels like (before the mech unit shit out) the trans doesn't shift as smoothly with the MAF unplugged. Like the rev matching.

GIACUser

Master Wallet Mechanic
Car(s)
MK 6 GolfR
It always feels like (before the mech unit shit out) the trans doesn't shift as smoothly with the MAF unplugged. Like the rev matching.

As indicated by Eurocars K&N intakes are well known to be problematic. I did a fair amount of reading forum posts before picking my intake and K&N was clearly one to stay away from.

Bunnspeed

Salad Tosser
Car(s)
2008 GTI four door
You could always log fuel trims and see if DM will tweak your tune to work around the K&N. It'd probably be easier to sell it and scoop up a used pflo or trueseal or something similar on the classifieds, for like $150 or less.

Audiopulse

Gotta Jibboo
Car(s)
GTI
CTS intake, no problems.

Strieg

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
2008 GTI BPY
I was gonna get the truseal but DM recommend the EVOMS

I'm running a twintake right now, but MAF problems

Last edited:

U.G.MKV

Stealth mode
Car(s)
2007 mkv
Have had, VF, bsh, twintake no problems. Eurojet, had maf problems

Spectre

Ready to race!
What is the main issue with this fuel tryin problem? The K&N is the size of the compressor inlet all the way to the filter. I think it's 2.5 inch? Is that the problem? I have a different intake that goes from 2.5 to 2.75-inch. Will that one solve the trim issue? This is frustrating. It's hard to swallow paying $550 for software only to have this issue. I told the DM guys I had a K&N before buying the software. This fuel trim issue.shoulda been disclosed. The factory software program ran prefect with the K&N. I'm sorry but this is unacceptable.

eurocars

5/17/15 - Never forget
Car(s)
2006 GTI
I.D of the intake needs to be 2.75". I've made intakes 2.5", 2.75", 3" when I had APR software to see the effect. Only the 2.75 works due to that being the same size of the OEM intake I.D. The 2.5" worked ok but you could tell the car didn't like it. The 3" would barely allow it to run. Either way, DM should be able to rescale MAF values to work with that intake