GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

The Golfmkv OFF-TOPIC chat (Part 10)

Status
Not open for further replies.

BlaineWasHere

I brake for apexes!
It's a nice looking car, but it's basically just a $30k+ Honda Civic which is a bit insane. Especially when for several thousand less dollars you can get in a MK7 GTI SE with lighting package with the prices dealers are giving right now.

Right Civic Si power with a DSG and much cooler headlights. I think near the end of the model year you could score a base ILX for $26k

Austin_hull

Für Die Liebe Des Autos
Car(s)
MK5 TR GTI REVO// +
Eric, more spammers in the OT Forum....

And I hear ya Blaine...I miss my DSG...

Tyler, (or anyone) a buddy of mine has a 2011 WRX hatch. Says he's making 375 to the wheels. Not completely sure of mods, but I know he's on the stock turbo. He raced his car today, and pulled out a trap speed of 81mph....does that seem low to anyone else? I feel like stock GTIs are trapping at least low 90s....

thebornotaku

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Car(s)
2009 Rabbit 2.5 S
Right Civic Si power with a DSG and much cooler headlights. I think near the end of the model year you could score a base ILX for $26k

"power"

Civic Si's are slow.

It's about time Honda brought a turbo car to the table. The current Si makes less torque at the crank than my 2.5. And this is their "performance" model.

Edit\\

and before anybody says it: Yes, the Civic does make more horsepower and it does make *almost* the same amount of torque out of half a liter and one cylinder less. But my point was that selling a "performance" model with similar figure to a competitor's base model in the same segment is kind of sad. Especially with a six year difference to boot. Meanwhile Mk7 GTIs make 258 ft-lbs and the ST makes 270 ft-lbs.

Subie2013

Humble yourself
Eric, more spammers in the OT Forum....

And I hear ya Blaine...I miss my DSG...

Tyler, (or anyone) a buddy of mine has a 2011 WRX hatch. Says he's making 375 to the wheels. Not completely sure of mods, but I know he's on the stock turbo. He raced his car today, and pulled out a trap speed of 81mph....does that seem low to anyone else? I feel like stock GTIs are trapping at least low 90s....
Well, I don't think I've ever seen a stock turbo WRX(that year) making that much whp. I'm not even sure I've seen STI's there. Aggressively tuned STI's on E85 are hitting the 365 range.

I'm just not sure those turbo's can make that much power. But, I'd have to see his mod list.

Also, 81 trap speed, TEH lolz. I could hit 98-100mph trap speeds at S2+ at 5500ft elevation with a tune only boosting 13-14(when it should have been hitting 18ish peak).

Also, stock STI and stock WRX's basically run the same 1/4mile times, since in the STI you gotta shift one more time.

Callsign_Jester

traction is for pussies
I've only seen pics of it with the fog lights. Lol

I want a DSG car and can't bring myself to buy a EVO X.

Yeah the base model doesn't have fogs and the bumper is a little different I think. Looks chincy.

MK7.

It's one of the reasons I have up the 5.0, I wanted a DSG car for my commute.

7 gpm is pretty enjoyable

come over to the dark side blaine

STOP TRIGGERING ME SHITLORD.

1/8th mile trap?

people run 1/8th?

Bitches. Bitches run the 1/8th

Status
Not open for further replies.