GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

The Golfmkv OFF-TOPIC chat (Part 9)

Status
Not open for further replies.

hairyblackrabbit

Powerful like a gorilla
Also, anyone recently buy a house (within the last couple years?) Im looking into buying my first, possibly making an offer on one this week. The house needs works, but not too much. It was a forclosure bought by a contracting company that bought it to flip. They're asking 100k, they bought it for 33k. There's no way in hell they put 67k into it so im going to low ball them for the first offer.

Before pictures: http://www.zillow.com/homedetails/516-E-Markwood-Ave-Indianapolis-IN-46227/1169016_zpid/

Current condition pictures: http://www.realtor.com/realestatean...rkwood-Ave_Indianapolis_IN_46227_M43545-58687

I figure 3300 total sq ft isnt a bad deal for under 100k, and even after PMI, taxes, etc I'd still be paying $200 less/month than I do now

My dump in cheap real estate bumfuck was 41k with a tax appraisal around 170. Have done all work myself have a lot more to go.

Next door Neighbors bought a flipped house at the same time. Contractor bought for 20 range. Redid house top to bottom. Got 135k.

Keep in mind the contractor you are dealing with bought the place to turn a profit and in most areas sales are improving. They didn't invest money to break even.

Otherwise with the work you do on cars no reason you can't learn basically whatever to fix on your own place.

Water heater is an easy DIY and not labor intensive.

Roofs are simple but labor and material intensive.

Furnaces are a bit more complicated but not overly hard. I got an oil heat license and gas tech cert for about the profit involved on a heating contractor replacing a furnace.

Tldr: invest in yourself *****

Last edited:

merkeyterkey

The Real FLATTIRE
Im having car issues (with my E46)

Car starts, but wants to stall when I touch the gas. Its also low on power. Weird thing is if I unplug the MAF while the car is running nothing happens, I cant find, what does it mean when you unplug your MAF and nothing happens?

Sterling

Steel Tip
Car(s)
S3
Lol.

Sterling

Steel Tip
Car(s)
S3
Lol.

bon qui qui

Go Kart Champion

Car starts, but wants to stall when I touch the gas. Its also low on power. Weird thing is if I unplug the MAF while the car is running nothing happens, I cant find, what does it mean when you unplug your MAF and nothing happens?

Nothing should happen, you should just get a CEL.

Sterling

Steel Tip
Car(s)
S3
Lol.

RSMark5

Go Kart Champion

Does it have an IAC (idle air control) valve? if it does, find it, take it out, clean it, put it back and try again.

But yeah, what max says. When you unplug it, it stops metering from there and starts from MAP sensor instead.

eurocars

5/17/15 - Never forget
Car(s)
2006 GTI
Does it have an IAC (idle air control) valve? if it does, find it, take it out, clean it, put it back and try again.

But yeah, what max says. When you unplug it, it stops metering from there and starts from MAP sensor instead.

thats if has a map. I know on older (90's/early '00s) toyotas, if you unplug the maf the car will just stall out. I have no idea what bmw's engine management strategy is

Status
Not open for further replies.