GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Something special about the R32

Andrey_R32

Passed Driver's Ed
for the wedding support vehicle was just that, to put present in, to taxi the bride and groom around so they can drink a little, but on a normal day the r is my daily and then i have a 337 project which i picked up since i missed my mk4 gti

Andrey_R32

Passed Driver's Ed
Damn. I traded my r32 for a dumbass chevy cruze 1.4. Drive too many miles to work everyday to afford the r, and my gti was definitely quicker, but the R had me smiling everyday! Hate my car. Makes me want to slam my face into a brick wall when going up a hill, and its tuned.

this might start some stuff but coming from a pretty quick gti and driving a bunch of mkv gti's before i bought the r and then driving my brothers mk6 gti for a while i noticed that the biggest fail of the gti is traction, the mk6 gti breaks loose in first and second gear, my old gti would spin first and second also, but the r, u always have traction and ur not spinning tires at a light like crazy so yes i will say a gti is much more mod friendly and can be fast for much cheaper but whats the point of having a non numbered car which doesnt hold traction well, which doesnt have blue speedo needles, or doesnt have a vr growl and and after typing this all out i realized it was really pointless but since ive had a few ice cold u know whats already i think im still gonna post this but i would never trade my r for something of less quality, i drive more then 100 miles a day and it does get expensive but its fun as hell

vipermoon64

Passed Driver's Ed
Car(s)
2008 .:R32
That weird moment where you drove on the same road this picture was taken on a few hours ago...

Cool story brotholomule I've met a lot of cool people through a mutual love of cars

Ya tell me about, we just got back from Long boat key, Sarasota, and I remember a University PKWY

RussellR32

Ready to race!
FROM THE GROOM

Hey guys! just got back from a 7 day honeymoon cruise! It was perfect. I cant thank Andrew enough for being so helpful and fun on my big day. I also have to thank this forum for bringing me my closest friend! It's funny to think that a simple private message has made such a cool impact on both of our lives. Me and my wife had so much fun on our wedding day. Andrew was cool enough to be our transporter (just look at the pic) to and from the reception so that me and my wife could drink. We all had a blast and I got some really cool pics along the way. The cruise is over and I'm very happy to be back home with my dog, my .:R32, cheap beer, my family, and my best friend Andrew.

Thanks again buddy, here are some pics from the last week. :happyanim:

Attachments

• photo (22).JPG
    photo (22).JPG
    32.9 KB · Views: 785
  • 15668_326025840844948_724960305_n.jpg
    15668_326025840844948_724960305_n.jpg
    65.4 KB · Views: 800
  • photo (21).JPG
    photo (21).JPG
    33.3 KB · Views: 810
  • photo (23).JPG
    photo (23).JPG
    25.6 KB · Views: 804

RussellR32

Ready to race!
note the beer art in the last pic (its the same as the decal on the back of my car)

Bake

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
2019 Golf R
congrats on the wedding AND finding a hetero lifemate. 2 things that are not easy to come by.

jshish23

n00b
Car(s)
'08 R32
Very cool. congrats! what day did you get married on?

RussellR32

Ready to race!
Very cool. congrats! what day did you get married on?

Got married on the 29th of December! thanks to everyone for the kind words. Cool to see so many people know the Sarasota area!

RussellR32

Ready to race!

Hey I'm not from Florida and neither is my buddy Andrew. But hell if you want me to pick on Ohio or where ever you're from just let me know... and I wont need bugs bunny to do it.

Ragerianne

Car(s)
2006 TR 2.0L GTI
Hey guys! just got back from a 7 day honeymoon cruise! It was perfect. I cant thank Andrew enough for being so helpful and fun on my big day. I also have to thank this forum for bringing me my closest friend! It's funny to think that a simple private message has made such a cool impact on both of our lives. Me and my wife had so much fun on our wedding day. Andrew was cool enough to be our transporter (just look at the pic) to and from the reception so that me and my wife could drink. We all had a blast and I got some really cool pics along the way. The cruise is over and I'm very happy to be back home with my dog, my .:R32, cheap beer, my family, and my best friend Andrew.

Thanks again buddy, here are some pics from the last week. :happyanim:

Congrats Russel, someday when Andrew isn't so busy maybe I'll meet you and your wife as well. :D

jshish23

n00b
Car(s)
'08 R32
Got married on the 29th of December! thanks to everyone for the kind words. Cool to see so many people know the Sarasota area!

dang, I just got married on the 27th. I tried tricking my wife (sounds weird) with that pic and she goes, 'I know thats not your car because you wouldn't put paint on it...even for our wedding.' haha:lol:

Aphron

CW :)!
Congrats on your entire story :)! Its gnarly how something friendly can turn into something so positive :D!! As for the car, you're truly right! When I first got my R32 after my Stage 2+ 07 Gti I was a little disappointed, although the awd in the canyons was just incredible!! Not to mention the push from the back I noticed when even taking off softly from a stop at a light! 2 months after getting rid of it for a chevy cruze /facepalm, and haven driven a fully bolt-on STI 08, and a Stage 1 Golf R, I cannot wait to own another 08 R, will never get rid of that car again! Sorry been drinking, props on finding such a cool person through the forums though :)!