GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Bored+plasti-dip=

Eurokid

low n' loud
Car(s)
Mark V GTI
Agreed, came into a nice thread and stuck his ugly hood in it.

Tapatalk because bored.

And best part is, I'm not leaving! Doesn't really effect me, whether you like it or not. Plastidipped thread, plastidipped hood. Ta daaa

Eurokid

low n' loud
Car(s)
Mark V GTI
All flaming aside, out of curiosity, what don't you all like about it? Serious question, so don't be a bunch of dick holes. I like the matte, didn't want to vinyl coat it, and I'm testing out the waters with this Plastidip stuff. Hell, if I like it, might contemplate doing the entire car in black. (properly of course)

Swiper

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
2009 VW GLI
All flaming aside, out of curiosity, what don't you all like about it? Serious question, so don't be a bunch of dick holes. I like the matte, didn't want to vinyl coat it, and I'm testing out the waters with this Plastidip stuff. Hell, if I like it, might contemplate doing the entire car in black. (properly of course)

Ok so serious answer. I think I speak for everyone when I say it has to be all or nothing, for some reason mk5's look weird with the hood just being a different color. Even carbon fiber hoods look out of place on our cars. Just painting the hood matte black takes all the class a mkv has left. It's line running a primered fender or a miscolored body panel. Makes the car look like a 15 year old kids honda civic when he's trying to hide rust or faded paint. Your paint is perfect.

Cliff notes:

All or nothing.

Tapatalk because bored.

westopher

Banned
Car(s)
07 gti
because it looks like you got into an accident and found a hood at the scrap yard. The hood, eyelids and blue fogs look like something that are just thrown on the car for the sake of "mods"

brian9892

Ramblin' Wreck
because it looks like you got into an accident and found a hood at the scrap yard. The hood, eyelids and blue fogs look like something that are just thrown on the car for the sake of "mods"

This

Less is more. You're entitled to do whatever you want to your car, but when you post a picture on a forum, expect feedback. In my opinion, plasti-dip in general looks horrible on anything except emblems, and sometimes wheels. It looks like you want people to think you have a carbon-fiber hood until they get 20 feet away.

qcbtbx

smu.:Rf
Car(s)
.:R32
OP, you could plastidip and then paint the wheels with a rattle can. saw a guy on Vortex do it...makes sense because then you can peel the paint off with the plastidip. just a thought.

Eurokid

low n' loud
Car(s)
Mark V GTI
This

Less is more. You're entitled to do whatever you want to your car, but when you post a picture on a forum, expect feedback. In my opinion, plasti-dip in general looks horrible on anything except emblems, and sometimes wheels. It looks like you want people to think you have a carbon-fiber hood until they get 20 feet away.

I can see where you are coming from, and not offended by anyones comments, and I assure you, I'm not trying to do the whole fake carbon fiber thing( honestly, our aluminum hood are so like, that CF only make sense for REAL weight reduction enthusiasts, seeing how I have a car full of baby stuff, weight reduction isn't my thing)
I'm going to do the hood, roof and hatch, if I don't like the combo, I'm going to peel it, and just do the roof.
I bought a CW because I like white, but I like to try new things, hey it's my money and car, why not do crazy ( and frankly, REVERSIBLE, things to it) we don't have mercs, we don't have bmw's, hell, we don't even have lexus's, so why not go crazy and do unique and different things? Saying that, in my opinion( and most, if not all on this forum will agree) we don't have anything like hondas or acuras; so I would never do anything permanently stupid lol. Plastidip is cool stuff, why not test it out?