GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

DipYourCar.Com (Updated Weekly)

avdhulst

Hi,

I'm new here, and found this thread "googling" for plasti dip. I'm trying to find some more info on how to do your car, and watched your youtube videos. Unfortunately I live in the netherlands, and can't order from your website due to shipping policies.

There are some retailers here that sell plasti dip, but they don't have answers to my questions. So I thought why not ask them here:
If I buy unthinned plasti dip, what is the thinner ratio. And how much thinned plasti dip would you need to do a whole car?

paulnur

Rookie
Car(s)
2008 GTI MKV
if you use the clear over white will it look orange peeled or cheap? any close up's?

If you apply any plastidip correctly it will not come out orange peel. So yes, you can apply clear over white without coming out orange peal. (clear is still matte finish, gallons of gloss coming soon!!!)

Do you have pics of any cars completely dipped a color other than matte black?

Yes, white m3, red nissan maxima, gunmetal grey tahoe.
Hi,

I'm new here, and found this thread "googling" for plasti dip. I'm trying to find some more info on how to do your car, and watched your youtube videos. Unfortunately I live in the netherlands, and can't order from your website due to shipping policies.

There are some retailers here that sell plasti dip, but they don't have answers to my questions. So I thought why not ask them here:
If I buy unthinned plasti dip, what is the thinner ratio. And how much thinned plasti dip would you need to do a whole car?

Depending on what colors and I don't know if the plastidip you are getting is the same as ours (chemical compound).

Bunnspeed

Salad Tosser
Car(s)
2008 GTI four door
Bump. Please post some pictures of wheels dipped in something other than black. Thank you!

paulnur

Rookie
Car(s)
2008 GTI MKV
Bump. Please post some pictures of wheels dipped in something other than black. Thank you!

I am sorry I have been so busy at work lately and haven't really had time to take any pictures or put any energy into it, I will be posting pictures by this Friday I promise. Thank you for following :biggrin:

We are working on opening up internationally but nothing yet, stay tuned.

Bunnspeed

Salad Tosser
Car(s)
2008 GTI four door
I am sorry I have been so busy at work lately and haven't really had time to take any pictures or put any energy into it, I will be posting pictures by this Friday I promise. Thank you for following :biggrin:

Thank you. I'm definitely following this thread with great interest...I'm trying to figure out what to do with my badly curbed Hyper Silver VMR V710s. Dip em black (not necessarily the best look on a UG gti), dip em some kind of silver, refinish them professionally (not sure if worth the money if I can buy new wheels for similar $$), or just sell em altogether.

If you can come up with a finish that closely matches Hyper Silver, I'd be thrilled.

paulnur

Rookie
Car(s)
2008 GTI MKV
Thank you. I'm definitely following this thread with great interest...I'm trying to figure out what to do with my badly curbed Hyper Silver VMR V710s. Dip em black (not necessarily the best look on a UG gti), dip em some kind of silver, refinish them professionally (not sure if worth the money if I can buy new wheels for similar $$), or just sell em altogether.

If you can come up with a finish that closely matches Hyper Silver, I'd be thrilled.

Did you email us asking about your v710's? I am pretty sure I answered an email that some guy wanted to redo his v710 hyper silver and wanted a similar color lol.

Bunnspeed

Salad Tosser
Car(s)
2008 GTI four door
Did you email us asking about your v710's? I am pretty sure I answered an email that some guy wanted to redo his v710 hyper silver and wanted a similar color lol.

That was me! :thumbsup:

I'm still trying to figure out an easy way to redo these wheels without having to pay the cost of having them professionally refinished. I'm not 100% sold on black wheels on a UG car, so I'm hoping some attractive variation of silver 'dip will appear.

foxbody302

Passed Driver's Ed
How much would it be to do a whole mkv hatch? Im local..

razr

+50 hp spark plugs
Gunmetal grey plaits dip with silver metalizer.