GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

2014 Dodge Dart SRT4

Kwiksilver07

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
07 3dr reflex silver
It appears that as of 2014 dodge will be producing a new SRT4 based vehicle. They will be using the Dart with a 2.0L + sized turbo charged engine to produce 300hp or a bit more. The car looks much better then either the neon or caliber ever did. Link to MT below. What's your guys opinions on the thing?

http://www.motortrend.com/future/future_vehicles/1201_2014_dodge_dart_srt4/

Boozehound

TrailerParkSupervisor
Car(s)
2007 GTI MkV CW
i dont like how the badge looks like it says DORT.

other that that its looking pretty cool

brian9892

Ramblin' Wreck
I really like the lines of the car, but I can't stand those tail lights, or the front end

Kwiksilver07

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
07 3dr reflex silver
I really like the lines of the car, but I can't stand those tail lights, or the front end

I agree on the front end. The tails I like tho. Power wise this thing after a tune and bolt ons is probably gonna be a beast.

xola3que

euroturd
I wouldn't touch a Dodge with a 25' pole. Had a Dodge Intrepid and that piece of shit was nothing but troubles. Tranny blew up twice, engine never run right once, and driving with that steering wheel was just down right scary. No thanks.

TRmkvgti2007

Ready to race!
I was always a fan of neon srt4. One of my favorite cars for under 30 k. This new srt4 is sexy and we need to watch out lol.

Sent from my DROID3 using Tapatalk

Kwiksilver07

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
07 3dr reflex silver
Haha, I agree. The only American car company I like is Chevy. The 5.0 stang is nice but Other then that ford doesn't do it for me.

Kwiksilver07

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
07 3dr reflex silver
I was always a fan of neon srt4. One of my favorite cars for under 30 k. This new srt4 is sexy and we need to watch out lol.

Sent from my DROID3 using Tapatalk

Need to watch out? We are gonna get crushed after that thing gets tuned. The old srt4 was easy to make high hp. Now they are gonna give it another 20-25 hp. We GTI guys are going no where fast unless you go k04 or bigger.

Vageline

Ready to race!
Car(s)
07' GTI
i was talking to some of my friends the other day (they have camaros) and they was saying how slow a gti was. i told them that you might out run me a little, but its not a lot. the thing i like over your guys camaros is safety, interior, and im not seeing 50 of them everyday.

while the srt4 will be faster with a little modding, id still would rather have a gti. when i haul people around, i know theyre safer in my gti than say a civic or kobalt, plus i always get complements on the interior and how conservative the exterior is and still looks good. i wouldnt mind having a srt4 for the track, but id rather have a gti for daily and track

Kwiksilver07

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
07 3dr reflex silver
^ well put. My uncle has a camaro and it is nothing but a giant blind spot. German cars have the best bang for your buck detailing and quality IMO. The thing about the camaro and most American cars(exclude caddys) is they feel like rentals and look like it on the interior. The srt4 will be a great track car I'm sure and I would take one for weekend fun but I wouldn't want it for a dd unless they step up the quality.

Kwiksilver07

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
07 3dr reflex silver
Kinda like the look, but the powerplant sounds like pure conjecture. I don't see it making 300HP. Maybe 270. The guy writing the article was guessing

The caliber made 285hp. I highly doubt the power will be under that unless the car weighs significantly less then the caliber did. I think 300hp is very reasonable. Also the authors guess is an educated one, remember these guys write about cars all day long. Their lives revolve around current and future production vehicles.

Lucidity

Marx
30k for a fwd boy racer dodge? Sounds like a failing business strategy. Doesn't matter that it's fast if no one that would buy it can afford it.

Kwiksilver07

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
07 3dr reflex silver
Ya 30k is steep. Granted GTIs are getting pretty dang pricy themselves. You get more for you $ tho.