GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

The Official Unofficial FAQ for Big Turbo FSI owners.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Car(s)
MKV
how the fuck are you guys breaking throttle bodies....

I believe I sheered one of the gears. I'll have to check it out when I take is apart again.

That was the upgraded one right?

Sent from my SPH-D710 using Tapatalk 2

Upgrade in size yes, unfortunately still plastic.

How do you guys feel about a precision 5757 on our motors?

Barring the fact i do not like pte turbos, spec wise...its a fairly good turbo to run for a nice balance of spool and power...

personally i like my compressor wheel only a little larger than my turbine. once that gap widens, one wheel outflows the other and theyre mismatched.

Im guessing you can get a hookup with pte products? How much power do you wanna make?

Last edited:

MKjiVe

wut turbo?
Car(s)
GTI
Barring the fact i do not like pte turbos, spec wise...its a fairly good turbo to run for a nice balance of spool and power...

personally i like my compressor wheel a little larger than my turbine.

Im guessing you can get a hookup with pte products? How much power do you wanna make?

Yea I've got a pretty decent hookup. I'm looking for 350whp with meth for now, with the ability to go to about 500 when I build the motor. I'd like around a 3500-4k spool, although I think the 5757 will give me a bit later than that. I've been eyeing the 5757, or the 5865.

theguy1084

Ready to race!
Then id say go for the 5757, the 5865 is a big jump with some lag. The 5757 should be able to break the 500 area with the right fueling.

You could also look into the 5830 or the 5530.

I'm running the 5530 and I make full boost right around 4k. With my base file on pump I made 390whp and with meth and a good tune I will be well into the 400s

I am told its about equal to the gt3071 in size but idk. Pte sizes confuse me.

what do you think about the 5558?

Ehh its not bad, its size wize around the 3076 maybe a tad bigger.

I'm running the 5530 and I make full boost right around 4k. With my base file on pump I made 390whp and with meth and a good tune I will be well into the 400s

I am told its about equal to the gt3071 in size but idk. Pte sizes confuse me.

You make full boost 4k in what gear? IIRC the 5530 should be ~3076

PTE does things a little differently than garrett which is why its so hard to compare them.

mrbikle

Go Kart Champion
Ill sell ya a 5858.... 650 bucks

Sent from my SPH-D710 using Tapatalk

mark920

Ready to race!
both are very close in terms of specs...

boost doesnt all depend on the turbo...u gotta factor ic size, ic pipe size and length, other parts as well...my guess would be 5558 will be a tad later than the 5530.

why are the numbers so different if they are so similar?

Status
Not open for further replies.