GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Vegas needs its own Spotted Thread.

shelbzz

meh.
Car(s)
MK5 Rabbit
I spotted a glimpse of a TR GTI going south on the strip last night like 9pm ish?

oh and some guy in a blue WRX with Illinois plates took some pictures of my car hahah

shelbzz

meh.
Car(s)
MK5 Rabbit
spotted a black 2dr rabbit going down maryland and pebble today. man i feel like a bitch...sorry i was in a hurry going home. my brother was like "uhh he rolled down his window...im pretty sure he was gonna say something to you" while i was taking that corner all fast. >.< lol sorry if you're on here.

NoCaution

SofaKingEuro.com
Car(s)
Mk8 GTI - MoonMan
Sin City chapter of Sofa King Euro is official!!! :happyanim:

You can go to Sofakingeuro.com and sign up for an account on the forums.

CLICK HERE for direct link to Sin City sub group.

I would like to get a few people to join and then we can discuss an inaugural meet/gtg! I know that past efforts to do things like this here have been kinda weak, so let's try and make this work.

Cheers-
Mark

LOUCFUR

DIÄBLÖ
Car(s)
GTI MKV
U guys need a better name ... I'll rather join a jdm group named "gti sucks"

Maximum6

FASTER
We may be going to the track day in Utah in February

shelbzz

meh.
Car(s)
MK5 Rabbit
It'll be real hard to get people together for this SKE chapter and to agree on anything...I mean I'd like to join in on a few meets and what not but if you want to start a club...that's going to be real difficult to do here in Vegas. Vegas isn't really what you might expect it to be. There's quite a few of euros, its a big city, but everyone seems to do their own thing. Even I'm not committed to being part of a club. I'll help out with meets but maybe it's a better idea to start off with just that...no club name, and see where it goes from there. Let's try and set up a meet; see how many people show, hear everyones opinions on the idea of a SKE Vegas chapter and then decide.

NoCaution

SofaKingEuro.com
Car(s)
Mk8 GTI - MoonMan
It'll be real hard to get people together for this SKE chapter and to agree on anything...I mean I'd like to join in on a few meets and what not but if you want to start a club...that's going to be real difficult to do here in Vegas. Vegas isn't really what you might expect it to be. There's quite a few of euros, its a big city, but everyone seems to do their own thing. Even I'm not committed to being part of a club. I'll help out with meets but maybe it's a better idea to start off with just that...no club name, and see where it goes from there. Let's try and set up a meet; see how many people show, hear everyones opinions on the idea of a SKE Vegas chapter and then decide.

I think that's totally fair. Here's what I posted on Vortex I while ago in response to some of the concerns:
NoCaution on vwvortex said:
Let me be perfectly clear; I'm NOT trying to horn in on anyones "territory", or challenge some other club, or any other such childish antics. I simply want to expand an established club that I really enjoy to a new place and new people. It's my understanding that Sin City Euros meets on Sundays, and out of respect I will not hold our meets on the same night. If I ever get a free Sunday, I plan on going down and introducing myself to everyone there, and I sincerely hope that anyone from there that may be interested would stop by our first meet and say hi.

We will only meet every other week, and people can come by, or not. There's no pressure, dues, or formal hierarchy. While I am the one trying to put this together, I do not consider myself to be "in charge". All club activities and meets are by group decision.

If this doesn't work out as some of you have suggested, then oh well, at least I tried. But until then I intend to hold meets and anxiously await the insanity that will be Wuste!!!

Further more - I would rather have 5 to 10 people who get together every few weeks to casually hang out than a whole horde of people who bicker and snipe over "club" nonsense. Let's all get together and see how it goes.

My vote is to meet somewhere and then cruise down to the South Point for some photos and Steak & Shake:thumbsup:. After the first few meets, we can decide on a regular meeting spot.:iono:

Cheers-
Mark

Salty VW

Ready to race!
You might be surprised. I've lived in this area of California for 7 years, and it was just like Vegas in that we were never able to get anything organized. We could barely get people to come out to get togethers, let alone start a club. But when SKE came a long all of that changed. The model for our club just plain works - that's the only reason it's begun to spread across the nation so quickly.

My suggestion to anyone feelin' a bit iffy about it would be to just give it a chance and come out to the first few meets before judging it. I mean, what's the worst that can happen? You have a good time and make some new friends?

spoon

It's sad to see the Vegas scene in such a dilapidated state. :(

I see where Shelbzzzz is coming from, but let's make this 100% clear. Mark is a member of SKE and is setting up a meat. The name is attached. This does not mean you have to join SKE to attend the meats. There is a common misconception in Las Vegas, that only guys in a particular club can hang out together, and that's not what SKE is about. SKE invites all European automotive enthusiasts to come out and hang...even other already established clubs.

SKE does it bi-weekly style, and we don't just stand around in a parking lot either. We'll cruise out to get some grub, shoot some pool, maybe hit up the twisties for a bit of spirited driving... something different every time.

Just come and hang out, make some new friends, and have some fun. We're not here to recruit members, or to lure members away from other clubs. Zero issues, zero drama. You don't have to have the SKE crest on your rear window to surround yourselves with good people.

:thumbup:

shelbzz

meh.
Car(s)
MK5 Rabbit
It's sad to see the Vegas scene in such a dilapidated state. :(

I see where Shelbzzzz is coming from, but let's make this 100% clear. Mark is a member of SKE and is setting up a meat. The name is attached. This does not mean you have to join SKE to attend the meats. There is a common misconception in Las Vegas, that only guys in a particular club can hang out together, and that's not what SKE is about. SKE invites all European automotive enthusiasts to come out and hang...even other already established clubs.

SKE does it bi-weekly style, and we don't just stand around in a parking lot either. We'll cruise out to get some grub, shoot some pool, maybe hit up the twisties for a bit of spirited driving... something different every time.

Just come and hang out, make some new friends, and have some fun. We're not here to recruit members, or to lure members away from other clubs. Zero issues, zero drama. You don't have to have the SKE crest on your rear window to surround yourselves with good people.

:thumbup:

Nicely put. :thumbsup:

Oh and Mark, South Point sounds good! That's right by my house :bellyroll: either way, I like driving so I don't care where it is...as long as there's no unavoidable speed bumps in the parking lot and it's not on a Wednesday, I'll go :biggrin:

GOLfAh

V/ IsLaNd bOi V/
Cant we all just get along hahah! Nah I havn't chilled with any of these clubs for a while due to working a lot with full time school. But Im down if Steve, Jimmy, and some other guys from here are down to go!