GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

mein Mädchen gibt dem bösen Blick

shortwave360

dub junkie
Car(s)
'08 GTi 6MT
been following this thread for almost 2 years Im looking forward to see the car all pieced together and done. probably the most thorough mkv build on this site

Thanks for checking in on the progress. Since I started this build so many peeps have been in and out of the boards. I used a lot of the people here to inspire and challenge me to take the project farther. Dam interweb just makes you want more! That and I love to take on impossible tasks and goals. I wanna really step up the level for mkvs in the dub world.

boese

Ready to race!
-> this translates to "my girl gives the bad guy a look"

i think you meant to say :

mein Mädchen kriegt den bösen Blick .....

just FYI and needless to say it looks pretty good.
wonder how much that set you back....

shesadub

ice ice baby
not really feelin it dude..

shortwave360

dub junkie
Car(s)
'08 GTi 6MT
Well buddy you're a fore runner in doing what many people on this site dream about doing.
Thanks bud! It's been so long now I need to remind myself that it's not just a fantasy and I will eventually creep around in this beast.

-> this translates to "my girl gives the bad guy a look"

i think you meant to say :

mein Mädchen kriegt den bösen Blick .....

just FYI and needless to say it looks pretty good.
wonder how much that set you back....
dam google translate. I knew it was going to be off a bit. I was going for: "my girl is giving me the evil eye." Danke! I put a lot of everything into this car. It was my early mid life crisis I guess when I turned 30. I really wanted something like this for most of my life and decided to make a move towards it.

not really feelin it dude..
Well I guess I need to just scrap the project now... my >90% approval rating just got tossed out the door! lol Style is subjective, but I'm more about making myself happy and pushing the limits of the mkv community as a whole. I have a feeling the judges this spring at the shows will like my efforts. I have at least a 1000 hours in so far and many more to go.

Spent about 6 hours tearing out the center console and routing this little bad boy. I was going to DIY it, but my camera died and progress was slow going and tedious. I ended up using the Bentley for most of the info and I will say that you don't need to remove the shift knob to get at this location. If you ever go at this piece for your own needs I would advise that you use gaffers tape to secure it along the sides underneath. The sides are a bit loose if you don't and it doesn't feel solid to the touch. I was able to fish the wire through without removing the final bit of console. The side screw was tricky to reach and I didn't want to remove the passenger seat to access it so I resorted to fishing ant it worked.

Oh look... my front bags are done too:

Believe it or not... this is a massive amount of work sitting here. Removal, cleaning, prepping, rigging for paint, spraying and reinstalling all these bits was a major undertaking. I will have several kinds of paint on this car including PPG, GM, VW, BMW and a custom mix of pearl. Really starting to see the wow factor I will have when the sun hits her.

Still haven't fully decided what tune to run. I will be a stg2 with w/m. I plan on moving to a BT set up in time, but I am torn between APR, Revo and UNI. APR is the easiest and offers a discount to upgrade IIRC. Revo is better for w/m tuning it seems, and UNI is just plain solid on all fronts, just not as easy to get in my area. Going to be routing air line before I know it and making the last couple of bondo layers on the rear LCAs over the next couple of weeks. Rear suspension in, brakes, finalize the IM install and route the last bit of under hood goodness and she will turn over for the first time in almost two years! :happyanim:

phil

becausephilchow
Car(s)
2009 VW R32
APR = 1 Time Fee (All Programs, except BT)
UNITRONIC = 1 Time Fee (All Programs, except BT)
GIAC = 1 Time Fee (All Programs, except BT)
REVO = 1 Time Fee (First Program, $ to upgrade)

shortwave360

dub junkie
Car(s)
'08 GTi 6MT
APR = 1 Time Fee (All Programs, except BT)
UNITRONIC = 1 Time Fee (All Programs, except BT)
GIAC = 1 Time Fee (All Programs, except BT)
REVO = 1 Time Fee (First Program, $ to upgrade)

jeez... what don't you know phil?! I was somewhat interested in GIAC for a bit, but the massive companies kinda took my attention. I was thinking k04 for a bit, but I will most likely head towards APR stg3 if I wasn't trying to replace the exhaust mani. My Billy B will mount right up and I wouldn't need an IC. I would sell my twintake and hopefully get a bill or so for my k03 making the kit "affordable". Honestly I don't plan on putting much cash into this car over the next few years while I finish buying her from VW. Slow flossing with skinny tyres is more in my future for now. Can't wait to show off my LMs to the boards. Especially you Phil. I know you love BBS, let alone a custom set.

shortwave360

dub junkie
Car(s)
'08 GTi 6MT
Did a little more taping today. First bit of detail paint goes on next week. A few pages back a mk3 jetta is freshly painted the black color I'm going with. I'm glad this part is almost over. I get to start putting things together soon.

I ran into an issue matching up the front dust shields for the r32 brake conversion. I need to do some research on what people are doing to remedy this problem. Drilling holes seems like the only way I can see so far.

I'm almost done with the LCAs. Gotta figure out the best spot to mount a bracket for the e-level system levelers still though.

VWTiger

I am the Stig
Gotta say, just spent my entire lunch hour reading thru the whole thread. Speechless at how awesome this is going to turn out. I know I'm a little late to the game, but mos def sub'd. I applaud your attention to detail :thumbup:

MKVGTEYE

Passed Driver's Ed
All I have is pics... she looks good and I couldn't be more thrilled. I am in a state of shock still and have either been driving, eating, staring out the window at her and snapping pics all day. While the car was getting worked on I had a chance to twist my coils all the way down for the new stance.

I will put up a proper photo shoot in the future and will cross link the threads and post flickr set of the entire build with more pics then this. Power mods are next coupled with engine dress. There is a big show in july nearby and just cannot wait to get ready for it over this winter.

Attachments

• MotherofGod.png
    MotherofGod.png
    42.2 KB · Views: 643

MKVGTEYE

Passed Driver's Ed

Attachments

• MotherofGod.png
    MotherofGod.png
    42.2 KB · Views: 645
  • original.jpg
    original.jpg