GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

neuspeed p-flow fuel trims

dbduke

Go Kart Champion
Curious as to what kind of fuel trims people with Neuspeed intakes are seeing. Please indicate any modifications you've made to it, i.e. BSH DV kit, AEM dryflow filter, etc.

Thanks.

staulkor

V-Dubber
Car(s)
VW GTI MkV Fahrenhei
Just a caveat before this thread gets going, LTFT issues can occur on any intake. The exact reason why they occur is still unknown and some companies are doing research to find out why. Some get lucky, others dont :(

When I had my neuspeed, I was getting a "stable" 16%.

staulkor

V-Dubber
Car(s)
VW GTI MkV Fahrenhei
Well it all has to do with the maf, but nobody knows for sure if it is the shape of the tubing, turbulence, or some other factor.

petsy

Go Kart Champion
Quoting from wiki-ross-tech:

"You can check your current state of trim by using VAG-COM in Group 032 in your engine measuring blocks. The first two fields will have percentages. The first field tells the fuel trim at idle (Additive). The second field tells the fuel trim at elevated engine speeds (Multiplicative). Negative values indicate that the engine is running too rich and oxygen sensor control is therefore making it more lean by reducing the amount of time that the injectors are open. Positive values indicate that the engine is running too lean and oxygen sensor control is therefore making it richer by increasing the amount of time that the injectors are open".

You don't have to start the car to perform the above.

quickblack_06

Space Janitor
Car(s)
2006 MKV
APR stage 2 (but still on stock DP)
Neuspeed P-flo: shortened and using an AEM dryflow filter

LTFT= -1.8%

Pretty darn good if you ask me.

EDIT: I had initially put 1.8%. I meant to put negative 1.8%.

Last edited:

brekdown29

J-O-O
Car(s)
GTI 7.5
I think the last time my buddy logged for me we saw around 6%...that was before I switched the neuspeed oiled filter out for the aem dryflow though and I haven't logged since.

mose6161

OUT OF COMMISION
Car(s)
MK5 GTI
interesting thread. i'll have to do this tonight.

anyone with evoms noticed this issue?

larcic

Ready to race!
sorry to bump an old thread but i need help with this. I'm at 15% "stable" with new maf, new o2, no leaks (leak tested) i heard changing filters can help on a couple of forums...

clockwise33

New York Giants Fanatic
sorry to bump an old thread but i need help with this. I'm at 15% "stable" with new maf, new o2, no leaks (leak tested) i heard changing filters can help on a couple of forums...

Fuel system logs look good? Also, just because you leak tested and found nothing doesn't mean there's isn't one. There are lots of potential points of failure. Do you have a stock intake you can run for a few hundred miles to eliminate everything but the intake.

I'll be contributing to this topic soon as I just installed a pflo on my apr tuned k04 and in getting the classic high rpm hesitation. I haven't logged yet, but I've tried R8 coil packs and a variety of plugs and plug gaps. I just ordered B8 S4 plugs as a last option. If it still does it I'll start logging and update this thread with my results.

larcic

Ready to race!
have not logged any fuel system values except trims. what else should i look at other than afr? I do have a APR HPFP and new OEM LPFP as well. also had carbon cleaning done and injectors looked fine. I see many people have the issue with the high fuel trims and p-flo. I have no driveability issues. the stock maf housing is oval 2x3 which equals the area of a 2.5" diameter circle. I want to buy the revo intake because it reduces the pipe to this size at the maf housing http://www.revotechnik.com/product-details/air-filter-intake-kits/20-tfsi-air-intake-system I do not have a stock intake because the neuspeed came with the car. I would have never bought that intake...btw I also have a boost gauge and show no vac or boost problems. and here is another thread i found with neuspeed p-flo fuel trims...http://www.golfmkv.com/forums/archive/index.php/t-175249.html

Last edited:

larcic

Ready to race!
had a friend watch afr and it seems normal. between 14-15 at regular driving and went down to <11.5 at wot. partial still sticking at 15% moves very little. i dont think i logged fuel rail pressure right but got it up to 1800+psi around 5k rpm(didnt have enough road to keep going..)...