GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Slammed MKV Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

mowse

Ready to race!
It's from the Euromediocre waterfest coverage.

If you look at a phonedial, and a monza side by side, you will see that they are completely different. Mine are like a love child between Diablos and phone-dials. I mean, I can see how someone could make the rep connection but if you have a website that focuses on wheels, fitment and stance, you'd probably wanna get your specs right.

The definition of replica is "a copy that is relatively indistinguishable from the original". In this case, they are very distinguishable from the originals, nor did the manufacturer have any intention of directly replicating the original.

Cool... I for one always made the connection as reps, but now that I'm learnded, I know... And know is half the battle :thumbsup:

mdonders

ballin'
Car(s)
2008 2-Door Rabbit-S

Electricalbox

OMG CAT FTW!
Bwhahaha reps...hahahaha..hahahahaha...

Bwahahahaha.

I have had like 80 sets 5 spoke reps; they were all replicated from some shitty 1970 OEM wheel.

BossDuB27

Illuminati
The VW scene is becoming a joke by only caring about who is the lowest or who spent a ton of money on "real" wheels as opposed to reps.

PatientlyWaitings car is sick regardless of whether the wheels are real or reps.

Last edited:

mobbin6

Banned
I think the word replica has a few different meanings for people. The way I look at it, if it's a real split, if it's a real forged wheel, if it's a new design, its not a rep. Fake splits are reps. Cast replica's of oem vw wheels are reps.

HereticByDefault

Go Kart Champion
The VW scene is becoming a joke by only caring about who is the lowest or who spent a ton of money on "real" wheels as opposed to reps.

PatientlyWaitings car is sick regardless of whether the wheels are real or reps.

This thread is (not intentionally) somewhat encouraging the notion that being the lowest and getting "real" wheels is what being a VW enthusiast is all about.

Not bashing any frequent posters in this thread. Most of you guys seem pretty cool and have done very nice work with your cars.

That's probably just what some people visiting this forum see: Pictures of clean, slammed cars on some 3-piece wheels. And then they want it.

RSMark5

Go Kart Champion
That's probably just what some people visiting this forum see: Pictures of clean, slammed cars on some 3-piece wheels. And then they want it.

If it were only as simple as just throwing some old wheels and air ride on a MKV. I don't a large ammount of people who watch this thread appreciate all the other stuff going on with these cars and just how much tech is involved.

Real wheels fake wheels square wheels...rock what you got. Ballin' on a budget is just as awesome.

Status
Not open for further replies.