GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

DIY - NewSouth Performance Boost Gauge w/Indigo Gauge

Qwoz

Roflcopter pilot
Car(s)
08 GTI
For those of you who have threaded the boost line from the cabin into the engine bay, was it through this hole? do you need to cut a hole in the rubber here and where will it appear on the other side? I would really like to do it this way instead of having to take my battery housing out (this would require the removal of my intake and the need to buy more tools).

Qwoz

Roflcopter pilot
Car(s)
08 GTI
Also, you should rewrite the instructions to remove the headlight switch as, "put the dial in the zero position and push inward on the knob until resistance is felt, then with inner dial knob pushed in rotate clockwise and remove gently, no hard pulling or pushing required". I almost ripped my dial in two trying to get it out lol.

MDgti08

Go Kart Champion
Hey guys I just bought this boost gauge and it came with this thick Black rubber band, what is that for? Also did anyone get a t fitting? I didn't. Also, mine didn't come with a functional boost line. They sent me this little boost line That will in no way fit around the fitting. I have my old boost line but when it's hooked up to the gauge in the pod it's pinched. Did u drill a hole in the back Of the pod so it didnt pinch? Please help guys my car is in pieces right now.

omartc

Car(s)
Golf 08
i need one boost gauge for engine 1.4L TSI, anyone know a website i can order from it the full kit for my engine ?

steelandy

trying to install this now. unable to get the pod to fit enough to not rub on the steering wheel, steering is very heavy due to rubbing and the pod pops off the steering column. I have not used tape yet as i am trying to get this to fit before securing it. Do i need to sand it down to fit ?

Any ideas welcome

ty very much and a happy new year to you all

Deezz_Nuttz

What's a User Title?
trying to install this now. unable to get the pod to fit enough to not rub on the steering wheel, steering is very heavy due to rubbing and the pod pops off the steering column. I have not used tape yet as i am trying to get this to fit before securing it. Do i need to sand it down to fit ?

Any ideas welcome

ty very much and a happy new year to you all

sand it down

Car(s)
2008 GTI

jclare586

Car(s)
2009 Jetta Wolfsburg
Hey guys I just bought this boost gauge and it came with this thick Black rubber band, what is that for? Also did anyone get a t fitting? I didn't. Also, mine didn't come with a functional boost line. They sent me this little boost line That will in no way fit around the fitting. I have my old boost line but when it's hooked up to the gauge in the pod it's pinched. Did u drill a hole in the back Of the pod so it didnt pinch? Please help guys my car is in pieces right now.

The black band is to hold the gauge in the coloum pod because the u-bracket won't fit and you won't need a t-fitting if you have the boost tap..it should of came with two little rubber hose looking things one goes on the back of the gauge, then the boost line goes into that and the same for the engine side, zip tie the lines.

cdot

Ready to race!
why do you have to cut off two of the barbs on the existing line? will it cover up the hole of the t fitting if you dont?? im doing this right now, quick answer would be nice!

sullwe

Ready to race!
Car(s)
'07 GTI
Anyone know the millimeter size of the "T" valve? My tube coming from the bottom has a huge crack in it throwing a fuel trim CEL.

Corey U.

Ready to race!
Car(s)
VW for life
I just got my NS boost gauge along with the vent pod and it came with the black T fitting. Reading through this thread supposedly the T fitting is only for altnative methods rather than using a boost tap which I already have. My kit did not come with the square brass fitting that it seems everyone has so my question is do I need the brass fitting? Or does the gauge and boost line attach by one of the thicker rubber lines?
EDIT: I am FSI in case that matters

This kit: http://www.ecstuning.com/Volkswagen-Golf_V--2.0T/Interior/Gauges/Boost/ES2603046/

turbod4life

turbod4life
Car(s)
vw gti mkv
Nice write up...fyi if anyone wants info on doing triple pod dash just message me I just did it.