GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

DIY - NewSouth Performance Boost Gauge w/Indigo Gauge

Matt07GTI

Ready to race!
Car(s)
07 MK5 GTI
Im going to bi installing by gauge this weekend, ive been also seeing "Boost tap" and another place whare you have to add another t fitting all i want is the gauge is the other one nessecary to have located on pg 9

g2.0ti

Ready to race!
i used today to install my boost gauge!

eze

Do I need to detach the MAF?
I have an aftermarket intake and it will be pretty annoying to detach it.

Is it bad to replace that tubing for the T without detaching the intake?

str8edg

Passed Driver's Ed
Great write up, my install was easy even though I'm a noob. Only problem is that i no longer have DRLs, but that's not really a problem...

crispGTI

Passed Driver's Ed
GREAT DYI, I just installed my newsouth today with minimal problems. The stock T piece attachment was annoying to take off, other than that everything went without a studder. Forgot to attach some tubes to some mounts before re-adding the battery (I realized after putting the stock intake back on) but no big I'll re-add them when I get the dash pod.

My car is flashed APR 1 so I was hesitant when disconnecting the battery, but after connecting and letting the car run for a 1 minute or so, after self-stalling only once, I let it rest for another minute before I took it for a spin, the steering wheel light turning off short after, and traction control stays off till u turn it on.

My stage 1 power came back almost instantly, it was a little weak out my driveway but as soon as I pulled for the 2nd time, I was pushing 19 PSI so I'm chillin :D Thank a lot.

piston

Options
GREAT DYI, I just installed my newsouth today with minimal problems. The stock T piece attachment was annoying to take off, other than that everything went without a studder. Forgot to attach some tubes to some mounts before re-adding the battery (I realized after putting the stock intake back on) but no big I'll re-add them when I get the dash pod.

My car is flashed APR 1 so I was hesitant when disconnecting the battery, but after connecting and letting the car run for a 1 minute or so, after self-stalling only once, I let it rest for another minute before I took it for a spin, the steering wheel light turning off short after, and traction control stays off till u turn it on.

My stage 1 power came back almost instantly, it was a little weak out my driveway but as soon as I pulled for the 2nd time, I was pushing 19 PSI so I'm chillin :D Thank a lot.

Do you have multiple programs with your APR tune?
If yes, make sure to go through the programs to assure you are back to the appropriate program.

When I disconnected my battery, the APR defaulted back to the stock program.

Also, I have an 08 GTI with the NS guage and APR stage I and peak around 22-25psi in 2-3 gear. I run the 91 octane program.

PenAcow

Ready to race!
Car(s)
2008 gti mk5
subed so i can do this

thechromecoyote

Ready to race!
Car(s)
2019 GTI SE
For anyone who doesnt want to disconnect their battery; aftermarket stereo settings, APR Tunes, etc... you can use an old metal coat hanger and some duct tape to feed the tube through the firewall from inside the car. :thumbsup:

ChattMkv

Level 80 Procrasturbator
Car(s)
2007 VW GTI
Just did this today for my car and the DIY worked to perfection. Props to the OP. :thumbup:

I'm pulling about 20Hg at the lowest around idle and peak at 13-14 PSI when hitting about 6,000 in 2nd gear. Does that sound about right for stock?

Please excuse my iPhone's crappy night shot lol.

Last edited:

BamaKID

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
GTI MkV
i have a 3 gauge pod one has a voltage gauge and one has boost and the other is air/fuel ratio, which i bought the T fitting for from BSH im not sure how to apply it or even if i need it ? and i have no clue how to wire up the air/fuel gauge. it goes above the radio above the vent angled towards the driver.:help: