GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

GTI vs Evo IX SE

Status
Not open for further replies.

shucky

Passed Driver's Ed
On my way home last night from the GF's ... and sitting next to me in traffic was a shiney new Evo IX SE (guy with his GF). Light changed and we made our way around some light traffic, in front of us was a long open straight stretch of road (north of North Ave on rt. 83, heading north). Was in 4th gear (manual trans) at about 60 mph, he was going to try the ricer blow by but he slowed right next to me but was still going faster than I was. When he was right next to me we both hit it. As soon as I slammed the pedal to the floor I was pulling on him, 3 cars by top of 4th, hit 5th and kept pulling. I stopped at about 135 or so and had him by a good 8 car lengths. He did the standard ricer blow by a couple minutes later as I just laughed all the way home.

I have GIAC X+ 100 octane map, TT downpipe/midpipe, custom rear section, NS intake, and A3 pipe.

Have my winter wheels on too (16 inch Jetta) for the sleeper look.

:biggrin: Mike

alf

Modwhoreator
Car(s)
2006 TR GTI
so u were running race gas?

nice kill!! but geezus after 3 cars did u have to continue raping him so bad.

alf

Turbo GTI

Autocross Newbie
I don't blame him for killing him more and more and more... The Evo would've done it if it was the other way around. Evo's are suppose to beat us so any change you get embarass them!!
Good Kill!!!
Race Gas FTW!!!?? :thumbup:

Gtiguy182

Clean MKV Owner
my cousin just bought an Evo MR i cant wait to race him for fun to see how i doo

trevor

Southeast Forum Dictator
Car(s)
Subaru WRX STI
4th @ 60???

mkfast5

Drag Racing Champion
Car(s)
BMP MK5
ya im gona have to goahead and say that race never happend,
1- two of my friends have stock evos, evo 8, evo 9 both of them hate on me by about 5 car lenths, and i know how to drive better than both of them from a stop or from a roll, same thing they beat me every time, so either that kid didnt know how to drive or his car was fucked up, im sure his girl was flippin out when he hit a 100 anyway, so i dont know about your story man, sorry

i got a giac x chip an awe downpipe no cats no muffler, nuespeed intake, and a awe boost gauge and i tell you that shit feels fuckin fast, but i still cant pull on a stock evo toilet peice of shit, im not hatin in you man, im just sayin that story might be a little .... and that evos suck

nosbiggie

Ready to race!
damnn thats crazy

placencia107

Ready to race!
Well, I will find out what happens this weekend. My buddy has an EVO IX with cat-back exhaust. I am going to get the REVO demo this saturday. I will let you guys know how it turns out. Last time he pulled on me pretty hard (stock). I don't think he will this time. I believe it with what he has. Only if the EVO was stock. If he had even a chip flash...there is no way in hell you will take him that bad.

GTI 2.0T

Rally Car Champion
Car(s)
mkv GTI
nice kill

Status
Not open for further replies.