GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

The Golfmk OFF-TOPIC chat (Part 11)

RSMark5

Go Kart Champion
No, the dynasty has an unfortunate story. We did all that work to bring it back to life and get it sold (sold it for $900) and a young guy was really excited about buying it from me. So he took it to have tires put on it like 2 weeks later, and it fell off their lift. Totaled it. Fell on its roof. Guy made out though with insurance from what I understand though

Durango I still have, its been my DD since at least July. But the tone gear in the rear end went bad so I had no speedo and the pinon bearing was bad so I grabbed another rear end and am swapping it + a detroit locker and 3.92s in it.

Between me and Mike we have 3 saabs at the moment. Mine died all of last summer and I nearly sold/scrapped it. But in a last ditch hail mary, we got it to come back to life and so it lives another day.

Bought a new DD Monday, but I haven't posted what it is yet. BUT its fucking boss and makes me feel like a G again.

eurocars

5/17/15 - Never forget
Car(s)
2006 GTI
He probably doesn't know what he's talking about.

So, on my GTI, my exhaust setup is currently a 3" downpipe with an electric cutout (dump) to the stock catback so it's quiet while I cruise and loud when I hit the switch. I'm thinking about doing a 4" stainless DP to a 4" aluminum pipe with vibrant aluminum muffler. Never heard what an aluminum exhaust sounds like on a VW though. Anyone know if no resonator and muffler only will drone too much? I'm just wanting something that's tolerable on long drives and feel like that cutout was just a cheap solution to getting an open 3" exhaust. Plus if I ditch the stock CB it will save a ton of weight

RSMark5

Go Kart Champion
Tolerable on long drives? Where the hell would you take the GTI that far? I figured it would be trailer queen status by now.

That said, I think the res does away with most of the drone. I can't say for sure with an aluminum exhaust though. I'd think it would sound cool.