GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

W6050 only this thread

mickeulk

Was this ever solved?? because since trying to install the WinCE hack, I get the navigation system splash screen, followed by a system initialising screen then followed by the sysupdater??? If you exit this, you just get a pale blue background???

I have tried reinstalling the OS, boot etc etc and although it goes through the update process, on re-running the navigation part, you get stuck with the sysupdater again?

Is there another way to re-load the software?? maybe from the USB port on the back?? - This isn't good??!!

BTW when I first did the hack, I incorrectly copied the hack files to the Nandflash folder not the ndwflash folder - I then deleted the contents of the Nandflash folder, maybe I need to retstore the files to this folder again.???

Sorry no issue :mad0259:

but thanks to reup my post

golf for life

Ready to race!
^^ anyone with the newest revision of the WD6050 with the 800x480 screen. That top right button is either on or off now. On the older units you could have the nav voice play over the radio/dvd sound and not interupt it... can this be accomplished on the new unit??? I hate when it stops everything all together to scream TAKE A RIGHT TURN MORON! lol

You can try the next thing:
when you are in the Navi screen press the button that turns on the Nav voice (so that the yellow Navi will appear on the upper right corner).
then when there is no! instruction in the backround and all you hear is the music then raise the volume or lower it(this will raise the Navi instructions volume and not the music volume) then press the Navi voice button again so That the yellow Navi will disapear from the upper right corner.
after that all the instructions should go on top the music voice and not cut it..

this is the way it works in my mk4 unit and I don't think it should be any different in your player..

GOLFMK-V

Passed Driver's Ed
^^ anyone with the newest revision of the WD6050 with the 800x480 screen. That top right button is either on or off now. On the older units you could have the nav voice play over the radio/dvd sound and not interupt it... can this be accomplished on the new unit??? I hate when it stops everything all together to scream TAKE A RIGHT TURN MORON! lol

same problem and with as-7608,tha navi voice cut-interrupt the radio,or songs in front speakers and not its remixed,this for me its very very bad..
http://www.golfmkv.com/forums/showpost.php?p=2100337&postcount=215

GTIMKV20

APR Stage I
Car(s)
VW GTI MKVI
You can try the next thing:
when you are in the Navi screen press the button that turns on the Nav voice (so that the yellow Navi will appear on the upper right corner).
then when there is no! instruction in the backround and all you hear is the music then raise the volume or lower it(this will raise the Navi instructions volume and not the music volume) then press the Navi voice button again so That the yellow Navi will disapear from the upper right corner.
after that all the instructions should go on top the music voice and not cut it..

this is the way it works in my mk4 unit and I don't think it should be any different in your player..

it is not the same in mine... that's the way it used to be in my old MK1 unit... now there is no option to have it play over the music.... Now when I press navi it is not a yellow "navi" that pops up... it's a navigation voice on or off message that comes up. When on, it speaks while interupting the music... off is off completely... annoying!!

bazzle

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
MY08 R32 Silver 3dr
I think youshould try a reset A
There could be a glitch somewhere in the firmware too.
The 2 Links that I sent both work here 100% .
Also reformat your SD Card before installing the IGO8
There is something little wrong somewhere.

He seems to only have a Resolution issue when in IGO.
A fix I reckon will be found by setting the sys.txt correctly to match.
Not always easy over the Internet.
A diff navi program like Tom Tom may fix .

Bazzle

GTIMKV20

APR Stage I
Car(s)
VW GTI MKVI
can anyone help me increase the 2d map text/font for road names... I can increase the 3D map no problem... but the 2d one is troublesome! With 800x480 resolution I need a magnifying glass to see road names in 2D, lol.

Thanks in advance!

Champ_21

HELP

can anybody please sent me the firmware to the new 800x480 resolution waywell 6050...

i put in firmware logo upgrade from old 6050 and now the screen flickers in the blue menus because of the wrong resolution, so need the original 800x480 firmware

please sent firmware files to email: champ_21_20@hotmail.com

champ_21_20 at hotmail.com

Krvolok

Passed Driver's Ed
Car(s)
Tiguan + Golf TSI
Hi everybody...
After reading (almost) all this posts, decided to buy one unit (WD6050).
So i did contact Frank and he advised me to pay trough Western Union and i didn't like it so he send me another instruction to pay over PayPal = 5% some fee, it comes 485 US$ or 333 Euros with TV aerial.
I did pay him two days ago to this address waywell@szwaywell.com and since then they went quiet, no respond to my mails, tried to contact them over skype and msn, but nothing.
Did anyone had a problem with them, as I start being a bit worried... Or any advice that will calm me down :)

Thanks in advance

knigjes

I wouldn't worry yet Krovolok...
I bought from Frank 6-8 mo. ago and experienced the same. The parts came as expected and everything works great.
I get the idea his job is to make sales. Combine that with his limited English skills, and you can account for his apparent lack of interest in you now that you are a customer.
That or he might be waiting until he has something of substance to tell you.
Like I said: don't worry yet, things will probably be fine. Happened to me too.

bazzle

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
MY08 R32 Silver 3dr
Hi everybody...
hem, as I start being a bit worried... Or any advice that will calm me down :)
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Thanks in advance

He says NUUthinggg :fighting0030:

He will contact after about a week asking for your phone number for dhl etc.

Bazzle

GTIMKV20

APR Stage I
Car(s)
VW GTI MKVI
yeah communicating with frank is interesting to say the least... but I got my item a bit slower the second time around. DHL no longer ships from China to USA... so he ships via EMS which takes a bit longer. Mine took 1 week to the day/

chris31519

Passed Driver's Ed
Tale of woe

Can anyone beat this tale of woe? I ordered the WD6050 from Oskar in April this year, when it arrived three weeks later I had to pay US$250 in Austrian import duties. It was a fair cop. After installing the unit I had a number of problems, most of which I was able to sort out. I found out the unit was draining the battery when my brand new car wouldn’t start at the airport -- at 2 AM after a long flight. I struggled with it for a long time putting the battery on charge every night. In July, Oskar sent me an RMA with the specific instructions to send it back by normal post not DHL or Fedex. Oskar later told me it never arrived and that I had to complain to the Austrian Post Office. Well the Post Office search took two months and I just got word that it did arrive at the factory on the 20th of September. It had all the proper paperwork, with copies inside the package, but the factory never sent me a replacement unit or informed me that it had arrived.
So bottom line is that seven months on, I’m still driving around with a hole in my dash. It’s not my purpose to lay blame here, but I would certainly never order anything from China again.

nscorpion

Passed Driver's Ed
Can anyone beat this tale of woe? I ordered the WD6050 from Oskar in April this year, when it arrived three weeks later I had to pay US$250 in Austrian import duties. It was a fair cop. After installing the unit I had a number of problems, most of which I was able to sort out. I found out the unit was draining the battery when my brand new car wouldn’t start at the airport -- at 2 AM after a long flight. I struggled with it for a long time putting the battery on charge every night. In July, Oskar sent me an RMA with the specific instructions to send it back by normal post not DHL or Fedex. Oskar later told me it never arrived and that I had to complain to the Austrian Post Office. Well the Post Office search took two months and I just got word that it did arrive at the factory on the 20th of September. It had all the proper paperwork, with copies inside the package, but the factory never sent me a replacement unit or informed me that it had arrived.
So bottom line is that seven months on, I’m still driving around with a hole in my dash. It’s not my purpose to lay blame here, but I would certainly never order anything from China again.

I also want to buy such a unit.

What I read is really bad!!!!! would rather buy a Zenec unit

Be well

Mpbsr

Ready to race!

Don't blame China. If it arrived at the factory and you can prove it, Oscar should make good and go after the manufacturer.

When I buy a part for a car, pay for it and the dealer orders it and it's lost in shipment, do I go after the manufacturer or the dealer for my refund.