GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

W6050 only this thread

Tensixty6

Old & Senile
Looking at purchasing the W6050. My only concern is whether my 2006 GTI has the necessary CANBUS version PQ35, PQ45 or PQ36.

Where can l check to see which CANBUS is applicable to my vehicle?

Last edited:

chris31519

Passed Driver's Ed
I've received my 6050 unit today. When I opened the box, I found a "oskaramerica return authorization" slip inside. And its supposed to go to France, WTF? did they messed upo with the shipments? Also there is no GPS card, the GPS antenna is all scrached, and has no rar USB or iPod interface. I'm trying to get in touch with Joe/Oskar, but i'm still waiting for a response. What you guys think?

Maybe you got mine? I've been waiting for my RMA to come back since August!

Alexsnowflake

Passed Driver's Ed
If your car is MKV, then type is 1K (which can be confirmed by looking at character 7 and 8 of your vehicle VIN) and platform is PQ35.
I'm not sure about a relation between platform and CAN BUS version but if you are asking because of some incompatibilities then...

1) To avoid battery drain your car Can Gateway should end in a letter lower than "L" 1K0 907 530 L (Can Gateway part code). You can retrieve that code by either looking under the central console or using a VAG/VCDS cable.
Even if yours ends in "L" or higher there's a workaround to avoid the battery drain.

2) To have the on-off behavior like the original unit, it's not implemented on the can gateway decoder of the HU. Can be improved with a workaround also

Hope this helps

Looking at purchasing the W6050. My only concern is whether my 2006 GTI has the necessary CANBUS version PQ35, PQ45 or PQ36.

Where can l check to see which CANBUS is applicable to my vehicle?

oretaxa

Passed Driver's Ed
Here you have my latest wince hack. I modified it so will work on any wince, no matter if is english or chinese, mk1 or mk4 version of mt6501, or any other device. The script is made to work instantly on mt6501 platform but can be adapted to work on any device.
Please read install instructions and follow them !!!!

Download here

pictures :

Link is broken

jefedezorros

Hi folks..
I purchased my 6050 off of another user on this forum and have had it installed for about a month now. Love it. I bought a Kensington LiquidAux, and I wired it to the rear of the unit. Now, I get iPod connection via Aux-In, with a steering wheel remote (my Passat lacks steering wheel buttons).. and the ipod automatically pauses and stops charging when the car shuts off. I'm really happy with the setup so far.

I just wanted to ask if anyone has been given grief for installing one of these on a warranty vehicle. My Passat is covered under the CPO warranty and so far they've been really good about replacing parts that need replacing. I keep waiting for them to say something about my new head unit every time I take it in.

I had to take the Passat in with a CEL that turned out to be something with the exhaust. But now I have another CEL. Does anyone else get more CEL's with this installed? It's probably totally coincidental.

jefedezorros

WHere does everyone have their antenna's?? I ended up putting mine back where I had it on my older unit... in front of the vent up top in the dash right next to the windshield... I put it on top of the radio itself first and the reception was insanely awful... Now it's 3M taped to the front of the dash by the windshield and works well... but I had to trim some of my center vent to let the wire run through... looks clean though! Where did everyone else put theirs? I kinda want to run it around the windscreen and up top by the roof... valid option?

Hey man.. first off.. your old machine is working perfectly :biggrin:

This weekend, I bought an angled SMA adapter, then ran the cable out the back of the unit, under the steering column, to the floorboard, through the door trim, up the A column, then through the top of the windshield. Right now, it's tucked behind the visor, but I'm going to fix it to the glass like mrx did.

Reception is through the roof. 11+ sats, lock on instantly. Before, it was all crimped up inside the dash, and it would take forever to lock on, sometimes it wouldn't lock on at all.

GTIMKV20

APR Stage I
Car(s)
VW GTI MKVI
Hi folks..
I purchased my 6050 off of another user on this forum and have had it installed for about a month now. Love it. I bought a Kensington LiquidAux, and I wired it to the rear of the unit. Now, I get iPod connection via Aux-In, with a steering wheel remote (my Passat lacks steering wheel buttons).. and the ipod automatically pauses and stops charging when the car shuts off. I'm really happy with the setup so far.

I just wanted to ask if anyone has been given grief for installing one of these on a warranty vehicle. My Passat is covered under the CPO warranty and so far they've been really good about replacing parts that need replacing. I keep waiting for them to say something about my new head unit every time I take it in.

I had to take the Passat in with a CEL that turned out to be something with the exhaust. But now I have another CEL. Does anyone else get more CEL's with this installed? It's probably totally coincidental.

No CELs to date... but on vag-com it shows like 3 faults due to the car not thinking there is a radio installed. Shouldn't show up at the dealer though. If they say anything just tell them its working fine and don't screw with it! Only warranty issue you will have is they will not fix your radio for free anymore. Don't ever let them deny warranty work for an aftermarket radio, lol.

:happyanim:

bazzle

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
MY08 R32 Silver 3dr
[QUOTE Originally Posted by GTIMKV20 View Post
WHere does everyone have their antenna's?? I ended up putting mine back where I had it on my older unit... in front of the vent up top in the dash right next to the windshield... I put it on top of the radio itself first and the reception was insanely awful... Now it's 3M taped to the front of the dash by the windshield and works well... but I had to trim some of my center vent to let the wire run through... looks clean though! Where did everyone else put theirs? I kinda want to run it around the windscreen and up top by the roof... valid option?[/QUOTE]

Ive had mine all over the place.
It did work well under and just forward of the middle dash cover BUT the wire broke just inside the aerial and I had to dismantle everything:frown:

I have now run an angled extension sma cable to the pass footwell area. GPS aerial is now on top corner of dash where it will stay. Has allowed me to swap and change to try other ebay earials too. Current one is 1/2 orig size and works just as good :thumbsup:

Bazzle

Attachments

• 18112009109 (Medium).jpg
    18112009109 (Medium).jpg
    108.5 KB · Views: 878
  • 18112009108 (Medium).jpg
    18112009108 (Medium).jpg
    80 KB · Views: 931

golf for life

Ready to race!
rear view camera problem

finaly after a long time I wanted to add a rear view camera, my new camera arrived yesterday and I wired it today to the unit :happyanim:
it works realy good but there is a problem I don't know how to fix

as you can see in the picture I have these lines.. and its in every mode I tried(car on, off, and with reverse on and off)
I tried to do the firmware update for the camera(I have a mk4 unit with the analog TV)
but there was no improvement..
the way I wired it was I grounded it at the grounding screw that grounds the boot inner light, and the camera gets power from the p-conn from my unit(the blue wire)

what can I do to fix this problem? :mad0259:
can It be a grounding problem?

one more thing is that my battery died after I installed the unit and I couldent turn on the car, but at that time(when the battery was dried) I am quit sure that the picture was clear ( I am not sure cause I was in fears at that moment that something as gone teribly wrong..)

thanks everyone for your help
Eran

homerjj

Passed Driver's Ed
I'm beginning to lose patience. Just read that Oskar is very reliable, but I bought my unit in March and after many failures and receive little attention, I returned to the factory as directed by Michael (mate Joe). He arrived in China on October 9 hot day and have not received my money.

Joe and does not reply to emails. Michael answered me but always tells me to be patient in trouble with the factory. I paid to be Oskar Oskar and which I return my money. :mad:

Krvolok

Passed Driver's Ed
Car(s)
Tiguan + Golf TSI
Mine unit has arrived in country
and it's in customs for clearance

I do hope they won't rip me off
as Frank decare it as an car monitor

Can't wait until I arrive home, got one more week to go

Thinking of making one DIY photo
session and post it here.
Is it matter coz is Tiguan?