GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

W6050 only this thread

GTIMKV20

APR Stage I
Car(s)
VW GTI MKVI
ugh, my GPS signal died today. Newest revision of the WD6050... I have no satellites showing up on iGO8 AND on the unit itself (menu GPS shows no satellites) ... hard and soft reset do nothing. What do I do now? Antenna shot? Anyone else have satellite problems today?

Krvolok

Passed Driver's Ed
Car(s)
Tiguan + Golf TSI
He sent (Frank) finally... Like hi friend i receive your money and he is gonna send it by DHL.
Thanks Bazzle ...
Now I'll wait about a week for him to send me tracking number, probably...

Cheers

Krvolok

Passed Driver's Ed
Car(s)
Tiguan + Golf TSI
Good news, just got tracking number from Frank, checked up and it's sent from Hong Kong.

Cheers...

chris31519

Passed Driver's Ed
Don't blame China. If it arrived at the factory and you can prove it, Oscar should make good and go after the manufacturer.

When I buy a part for a car, pay for it and the dealer orders it and it's lost in shipment, do I go after the manufacturer or the dealer for my refund.

I'm not blaming anyone. I am sure that Oskar will make good now that I know it was delivered, he is the most trustworthy seller I know.

If this was a local dealer there would have been no problem, I guess that's my point. It's hard to 'go after' someone in China if things don't work out.

Mpbsr

Ready to race!
I'm not blaming anyone. I am sure that Oskar will make good now that I know it was delivered, he is the most trustworthy seller I know.

If this was a local dealer there would have been no problem, I guess that's my point. It's hard to 'go after' someone in China if things don't work out.

Agreed.

januspoulsen

Press the button on the furthest top right. Your Sat Nav is kicking in with an audio sound that isn't yet installed properly, causing the sat nav sound to suspend audio until it resolves. By pressing that button you turn off sat nav sound.

Thank you wery much, now ewerything is okay and working 100%

Paul_OH

Ready to race!
Car(s)
Golf GT TSI

I hope all works out well for you, I had a problem with mine via Oskar and know how you feel. Good luck and keep us informed.

freelame

Passed Driver's Ed
Hello, I'm new here and I have a question. I already searched around here but no luck, so I'll ask. I install a WD6050 today but my boot screen is not with the VW logo, it's some blue wallpaper with "welcome" sign. So my question is can I replace the background? The picture that is shown when it's reading discs, or switching on?
And I had the resolution problem with IGO8, when I use the skin it's just 1/4 of my screen so I put this in sys.txt

[folders]
app="%SDCARD%/iGO8"

[interface]
maxzoom2d=6000000
show_exit=1

[gps]
set_messages=0

Now it's fullscreen :)

And also my navi is blue-green with different icons, not like the pictures posted here. Can I update my software/firmware?
I know, it's too much questions but I want to know all ;) And there is no specific post with all the major links :) 214 pages is too much for one night ;) Thank you all :)

Last edited:

Alex_Rus

Ready to race!
improving internal mic quality

Hello guys. I don't know, what you make with low sensitivity of internal microphone in WD6050. Because I cannot check this topic very often.

So, I want to say, what I made.

Original mic is very small (3-3.5mm diameter). But hole in the front panel is bigger. I have bought mic (http://www.chip-dip.ru/product0/4911.aspx). Diameter 6mm, sensitivity is 64mV/Pa, power 1.5..10V. It's not easy to replace mic, because this mic doesn't have any pins. I connected ~20mm pins to each connector of mic first (cut off from old capacitor). And put mic on board with ~15mm distance from board (hole in front panel is long). And assembled the unit. Mic now is more closely to front hole. And now I can speak normal when I use bluetooth, Sensitivity is perfect!

I don't have the pictures of process of replacing. But it's work. I checked it today at my flat (with 12V power supply). I hope it will work and in a car.

bazzle

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
MY08 R32 Silver 3dr
Hello, I'm new here and I have a question. I already searched around here but no luck, so I'll ask. I install a WD6050 today but my boot screen is not with the VW logo, it's some blue wallpaper with "welcome" sign. So my question is can I replace the background? The picture that is shown when it's reading discs, or switching on?
And I had the resolution problem with IGO8, when I use the skin it's just 1/4 of my screen so I put this in sys.txt

[folders]
app="%SDCARD%/iGO8"

[interface]
maxzoom2d=6000000
show_exit=1

[gps]
set_messages=0

Now it's fullscreen :)

And also my navi is blue-green with different icons, not like the pictures posted here. Can I update my software/firmware?
I know, it's too much questions but I want to know all ;) And there is no specific post with all the major links :) 214 pages is too much for one night ;) Thank you all :)

Link is www.gpsunderground.com

Bazzle

GTIMKV20

APR Stage I
Car(s)
VW GTI MKVI
alright, latest question I have for anyone with the new unit. Mine switches to radio/dvd while in NAV mode when I put the car in reverse. It's acting like I have a camera hooked up .. but I don't. Any way to work around this? I'm so sick of switching the NAV program back

nicolasl46

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
VW GTI MkVI
I've received my 6050 unit today. When I opened the box, I found a "oskaramerica return authorization" slip inside. And its supposed to go to France, WTF? did they messed upo with the shipments? Also there is no GPS card, the GPS antenna is all scrached, and has no rar USB or iPod interface. I'm trying to get in touch with Joe/Oskar, but i'm still waiting for a response. What you guys think?

snsstamp

If someone can help me. I am intersted in purchasing this unit for my mothers new Jetta TDI. She has no idea where to instal it or buy it. Can anyone help me out and let me know where I can buy this thing. Or if I get it directly from Waywell anyone know where I can send her to get this thing installed in the southern california (OC, LA, RIVERSIDE, SAN BERN counties)

THanks