GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Waywell WD6050 Multimedia/GPS Head Unit Info thread

Soze said some may need a dual fakra to single din adapter, what is it and what is it for?

On my unit there is only one antenna connection but the car actually has two? Is this what this adapter is for?

And finally, I can only detect radio stations like 99.1, 100.3, 103.3 etc (odd ones), has this something to do with this adapter?

Thanks for the help,

Last edited:

SlyOne

SlyOne
Car(s)
VW GOLF R32 2008
:smile::smile:
By the way, the unit for me cost about USD$372.75 shipped. It would have cost me less, but I ordered the optional DVB-T for an extra USD$40.00.

Awesome mate, would have liked to see it but i take it I was off site. Let me know when you are going to install it so i can help out.

nikbrewer

Go Kart Champion
I htink we should edit the top of this tread or start a stick for this unit with the following

Addon / hacks for the unit ( new skins, ect)
walk through of how to upgrade software.

olegg

Ready to race!
Car(s)
GLI
Hi
I recieved an answer from auudiosources.net regarding this unit

Yes, it has steering wheel function .After Feb.25,the model has full can-bus function .When listening mp3 or dvd ,the filename will be displayed on the dashboard of VW/GOLF .

With SD card the total price is USD482 .
We often use igo and route66 .Which one you prefer ?

By the way ,7301 is the only model we have copyright to make in China .Many trading companies bought from us .

Sorry ,we have no paypal account .We could support western union or bank transfer .
The western union is more efficient for us and the information as below :
Western Union: Pls advise the MTC No. and sender full name after made.
Receiver: ( First name: WeiBing Last name: Cheng )
City: Shenzhen Country: China

Does anybody have more info on "full can-bus" support?

Last edited:

soze

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
Something Else
I htink we should edit the top of this tread or start a stick for this unit with the following

Addon / hacks for the unit ( new skins, ect)
walk through of how to upgrade software.

I'll edit the top of this thread when I have time. In the meantime, if someone wouldn't mind gathering the post#'s in this thread for things you want put at the top, that would be great.

kv12

Ready to race!
Please Note that Version 2.0 of this skin is released in this thread.
http://golfmkv.com/forums/showpost.php?p=1551176&postcount=1036

It's ready for prime time. this is a complete package which includes

The VW loading screen.
The Optimized Skin.
The updated Day/night Color Scheme.
And system.ini/sys.ini you can use or refrence from to best configure your iGo8 for the WD6050. Remember: Always backup your SD card before installing anything. have fun, and here are some pics below.

The link to download.
VW/Gj Skin for iGO8 Version 1.00

Rapidshare
mirror

Easyshare
mirror

I should also add that if you use iGo8 on any GPS headunit at 480x234 resolution this skin will work as well.

Last edited:
Hi!

Thanks for the pictures. Does anyone know where I could get the GPS SD card with the software?

And another question, my unit there is only one antenna connection but the car actually has two antenna cables? Is this what the dual fakra to single din adapter is for?

Also, I can only detect radio stations like 99.1, 100.3, 103.3 etc (odd ones), has this something to do with the other antenna cable not plugged in?

Thanks!

noog

Ready to race!
Where are you guys getting this unit? I am having trouble finding a source? no hits come up on ebay or google shopping?

I'm in the UK btw :), did have the avc-9000 / witson 720 but it broke after a week :-(

Bikkemberg

Ready to race!
Hi guys,

Just got the W6050 unit and was wondering what I should do with the ACC and the illumination cables? if I'd like to connect them where would be the best place?

Thx in advance

Cosmo

chillin'
Where are you guys getting this unit? I am having trouble finding a source? no hits come up on ebay or google shopping?

I'm in the UK btw :), did have the avc-9000 / witson 720 but it broke after a week :-(

Most appear to have ordered by emailing the contact listed on the Waywell website.

Cosmo

chillin'
Hi!

Thanks for the pictures. Does anyone know where I could get the GPS SD card with the software?

And another question, my unit there is only one antenna connection but the car actually has two antenna cables? Is this what the dual fakra to single din adapter is for?

Also, I can only detect radio stations like 99.1, 100.3, 103.3 etc (odd ones), has this something to do with the other antenna cable not plugged in?

Thanks!
If you order the unit, you can apparently pay an extra $15 or so to include an SD card with iGO8 r8.0. Alternately, you can scour a few websites for links to ripped versions of r8.0 and r8.3 that you can download and install at your own risk.

The GTI's antenna connector is a fakra connector. If you want to use both GTI antennas then you'll need a dual fakra adapter (preferably powered if you want best reception).

The US only assigns odd frequency centers for FM stations. I'm not familiar with European standards, but they could be similar. I can confirm that it has nothing to do with the second antenna connector. The GTI has two antennas, thus the two antenna connectors. :)