GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Waywell WD6050 Multimedia/GPS Head Unit Info thread

dsn112@comcast.net

Ready to race!
Mine shipped yesterday!

bedeadu

It happened to me as well, all you need to do is eject your GPS SD card.

you will then see a custom red/black Windows CE interface.

Scroll left and right until you see a GPS icon and then click on it.

Then click "reset GPS" wait for the bar to complete (about 6 seconds)

re-insert the GPS card and re-launch the GPS program.

It should work, but if it doesn't then just pull out the car key then plug it back in and turn half way(Or you can start the car) then the GPS should work again.

Question to KV12, or anyone else running IGO8.3.7XXXX. I have this version up and running, my issue is, I can't get GPS detected. I tried KV12's suggestion above, but still nothing. In the GPS settings menu in IGO, it shows GPS not detected. In WINCE gui, it seems to detect my GPS, and will show my signal and coordinates.

Does anyone have any suggestions? Is there a mod in sys file I could use to specify? Could someone let me know which port and Baud rate they are using with success?

*****UPDATE*****

Well, it seems I have answered my own question. I used a modded sys file I found (stating GPS settings) on a gps forum, and low and behold, it seems to have corrected this error. I kept this post in case anyone else runs into this error.

Also, thanks KV12 for your day/night theme mods, they are much easier to view.

Last edited:

Cosmo

chillin'
Next time (in case you upgade your iGO8 again in the future), you can have iGO autoscan for your GPS antenna in the menu/settings/gps screen.

Touch the bar where it shows the GPS as undetected and it will unlock the settings so that you can configure port and baud. At the bottom right will be a selector for autoscan. ~30sec later and you'll be in business without having to manually hack your sys.txt file.

bedeadu

Next time (in case you upgade your iGO8 again in the future), you can have iGO autoscan for your GPS antenna in the menu/settings/gps screen.

Touch the bar where it shows the GPS as undetected and it will unlock the settings so that you can configure port and baud. At the bottom right will be a selector for autoscan. ~30sec later and you'll be in business without having to manually hack your sys.txt file.

Actually, I meant to mention that in my original post, and what made really confused. Before altering the sys file, I had set to auto for both baud and port in settings, but it still wouldn't detect the gps h/w. This is why I was a little surprised when it started working from the new sys file settings, essentially I hadn't done anything, if auto is supposed to function.

kv12

Ready to race!
Question to KV12, or anyone else running IGO8.3.7XXXX. I have this version up and running, my issue is, I can't get GPS detected. I tried KV12's suggestion above, but still nothing. In the GPS settings menu in IGO, it shows GPS not detected. In WINCE gui, it seems to detect my GPS, and will show my signal and coordinates.

Does anyone have any suggestions? Is there a mod in sys file I could use to specify? Could someone let me know which port and Baud rate they are using with success?

*****UPDATE*****

Well, it seems I have answered my own question. I used a modded sys file I found (stating GPS settings) on a gps forum, and low and behold, it seems to have corrected this error. I kept this post in case anyone else runs into this error.

Also, thanks KV12 for your day/night theme mods, they are much easier to view.

No problems about the theme mods, I am soon releasing an Optimized Gourjon skin and updated Day/night themes better matched for our Waywells and our VW interior for that matter. (and a little teaser to what I am working on below, some pics are shaky because I was driving)

bedeadu

Hey KV12, drive safe man. Take Pics after reaching destination. But that theme showing the Eaton looks great. Is that your speed at the bottom left? It's funny, I found myself wanted to drive as much as possible downtown T., just to be able to see buildings on the GPS.

I am curious if anyone has run into this small issue I just found I had with the Waywell unit. All of a sudden I found that my night lights on the unit are gone (red illumintor lights - only on the deck). They were working, I haven't taken out the unit yet to double check my wires, hard to imagine it would be a lose wire considering that is the only issue, and all wires are in the harnesses.

olegg

Ready to race!
Car(s)
GLI
Just ordered mine, 450 shipped. Can we get a how too on how to change skins and update igo to 8.3 with 3d maps?
Where did you order yours from for that price?

nikbrewer

Go Kart Champion
taked to a rep on alibaba.com and ordered a sample from them. there was abotu 30 differnt onces to choose from, but again, they are the only people to take paypal

bedeadu

Just ordered mine, 450 shipped. Can we get a how too on how to change skins and update igo to 8.3 with 3d maps?

Best to go to the GPS forums youself and figure it out, take the advice below, hopefully it will add a little guidance and make it a little easier than what I went through. This was the most useful link I found:

http://forum.ppcwarez.org/viewforum.php?f=241&sid=cae8cd4ed66d8baecdc5706f7edc4b56

Basically you require the following files:
- Once you have all the files below, copy to 2GB SD Card, slot it in, and it should work.
1 Base software
2 Maps (content, dem, buildings, POI, etc....)
3 Data
4 Branding

What worked for my unit:

Base: Nav N Go iGO8 v8.3.2.71348
sys file note: I can't remember the final sys file I used to get mine working(maybe "becker" 's version), post msg if you have similar issue's as I posted previously with gps not being detected & I will look further
- make sure to state 480x234 in sys.txt file where it has another resolution (mostly already states 480x272). If you don't it will not show bottom of screen

Data.zip file: v9c or v9b (40mb) (both offer support for 480x234)

Branding:
You can use the Branding.zip file posted somewhere in this thread.

Maps: Your own your own, all links are removed from he above link, from what I could see. Maybe try torrent searches??
I believe all maps based on IGO8 will work, regardless of version (someone please correct me if I am mistaken)

***All information above are only suggestions, use at your own risk.***

Cosmo

chillin'
There are two basic map families, one for r8.0.x (teleatlas) and one for r8.3.x (navteq). These two families are not interchangeable. There are multiple updates in each family, but the map family must match the base software.

olegg

Ready to race!
Car(s)
GLI
taked to a rep on alibaba.com and ordered a sample from them. there was abotu 30 differnt onces to choose from, but again, they are the only people to take paypal

Hi
You said that you got your wd 6050 for 450 shipped.
I sent message to alibaba.com and they charge me $450 before shipping ($540 shipped)

Can you give me direct link to that page where you bought yours please.
What is the name of the guy you talk to? Fish Lee?

nikbrewer

Go Kart Champion
i just spoke to a rep. Hopefully they got the the right price. I have gooten about 20 quotes on differnt nav units on there. if anyone of them want over 500$ shipped with maps and ipod, its too much. Just tell them you want a sample and are thinking of purchasing a lot of them.

MastaG

Head Unit has arrived

Hi Guys,

Just to let you know that my unit has arrived -- its a WD7103, so not the same model but should have the same basic internals. Its a generic double DIN unit that fits in most cars. I have attached some pics of how the unit looks out of the box. Will add some more once I have it installed and working in my car. Looking forward to seeing how this baby works!

Attachments

• IMG_0167.jpg
    IMG_0167.jpg
    123.7 KB · Views: 4,194
  • IMG_0168.jpg
    IMG_0168.jpg
    110 KB · Views: 4,234

MastaG

By the way, the unit for me cost about USD$372.75 shipped. It would have cost me less, but I ordered the optional DVB-T for an extra USD$40.00.