soze

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
Something Else
first post updated with more info.

pm140

Hi all

A general but important question:

What is your opinion for the sound quality in radio and CP/MP3?
Are you satisfied ?

Thanks.

whoyeah

Hey where are you guys installing the gps antenna by chance? Sorry if its repeat just dont have time to look through pages? TIA

kv12

Ready to race!
Hey where are you guys installing the gps antenna by chance? Sorry if its repeat just dont have time to look through pages? TIA

I placed my GPS reciever on top of a piece of metal, this piece of metal should stick to the magnetic bottom of the GPS reciever. This piece of metal made the diffrence between finding 2 sats and finding 11-14 sats in the same location. Then I placed both pieces as shown in the picture.

On a completely different topic.
I have been working on a set of RNS 500 themed navi arrows and startup screens for iGO8. Here are the arrows, I am also working on a more contrasty map color scheme for our "not so bright" screens. I will take pics of the startup screens tomorrow.

kv12

Ready to race!
kv12, so I've been running your skin for a day, and I've noticed the nav software is kinda slow now. Any idea what I should change in the settings?

Cool, you have a screenshot of how you have it setup? I can see if there's somthing I can tweek in the sys.txt. Can you pinpoint some specific areas which you notice a slowdown in the software compared to the default? :) Thanks!

soze

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
Something Else
Cool, you have a screenshot of how you have it setup? I can see if there's somthing I can tweek in the sys.txt. Can you pinpoint some specific areas which you notice a slowdown in the software compared to the default? :) Thanks!

Off the top of my head, it's switching between menus and screens. I will play around with it on my way to work this morning.

kv12

Ready to race!
Off the top of my head, it's switching between menus and screens. I will play around with it on my way to work this morning.

Ah, I know about that. The skin is based off the Gurjon skin and this skin uses a multiple component refrencing type of system. Advantages is that if you don't need a certain component you just need to remove the component folder (example: if you didn't need mutiple route planning, you can remove that) and removing that component would not effect the rest of the skin. However the disadvantage of this is that the menu will be a little bit slower then the default skin due to the skin calling on these individual components.

I am working on an upgrade for that VW RNS 510 theme pack for iGO8 here's some teasers.
It features higher contrast day color schemes, and the RNS 510 Loading screen and Navigation Arrow for both 3D and 2D views.

Last edited:

whoyeah

K guys received mine! Everything seems to work well and looks good BUT the cd/dvd player WILL NOT take a disc. It goes in about 95% of the way then seems like its hitting something and ejects it back out?? There is no other disc on there and it does not read it at all just spits it out?? Anyone have this problem? And do you think I will receive any support on this? I have emailed Fish Lee to see what he says. Hopefully they stand behind their product......Bangin my head right now

soze

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
Something Else
K guys received mine! Everything seems to work well and looks good BUT the cd/dvd player WILL NOT take a disc. It goes in about 95% of the way then seems like its hitting something and ejects it back out?? There is no other disc on there and it does not read it at all just spits it out?? Anyone have this problem? And do you think I will receive any support on this? I have emailed Fish Lee to see what he says. Hopefully they stand behind their product......Bangin my head right now

2 screws on top. = shipping screws. = remove

whoyeah

Ya figured that one out....im retarded forgive me :)

I got it all installed. Everything seems to be working fine now but I notice NONE of the outside buttons or knobs light up? Even when the lights are on. It was posted NOT to hook up the illumination wires right? Thanks to all u gurus for the help!

Last edited:

olegg

Ready to race!
Car(s)
GLI
Ya figured that one out....im retarded forgive me :)

I got it all installed. Everything seems to be working fine now but I notice NONE of the outside buttons or knobs light up? Even when the lights are on. It was posted NOT to hook up the illumination wires right? Thanks to all u gurus for the help!

Did you get new version unit? Do your right side steering wheel buttons work?

whoyeah

They do....I just cant get this illumnation figured out.. I noticed someone else further back in this thread was having the same problems. Anyone else heard of this or know of any fixes??