GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Waywell WD6050 Multimedia/GPS Head Unit Info thread

brian905

For those thinking of ordering this unit from the boys at waywell just note that they have no stock/inventory. I ordered the WD6050 on Feb 19th and i'm being told that maby they will have one to ship out next monday the 9th or 16th of march. :mad0259:

mdtony1oo

Hi Guys, I am jumping on here from a Passat CC forum.. From the pics of the GTI Stereo I can see the radios are the same. Can anyone confirm this? Also read the whole thread twice but still not sure if the phone button on the steering wheel will work with bluetooth. Going to see a stereo guy I know in a local shop this weekend to show him this thread and unit and will be pulling the trigger right after.

Great Thread, thank you all for the wonderfull information

GTIMKV20

APR Stage I
Car(s)
VW GTI MKVI
pretty sure they are identical... check it out, and then go buy one! WD6050 rocks.

doctorgonzo

Anti-spin doctor
For those thinking of ordering this unit from the boys at waywell just note that they have no stock/inventory. I ordered the WD6050 on Feb 19th and i'm being told that maby they will have one to ship out next monday the 9th or 16th of march. :mad0259:

They're probably just finishing the newest revision. Be happy!

Chris

GTIMKV20

APR Stage I
Car(s)
VW GTI MKVI
Wakefield, MA just 15 mins north of Boston... I work in Cambridge.. maybe we can meet up sometime if you want to see it - but trust me, it's awesome for the price. I'd buy another one if I could, lol... actually I looked for one for my fiance, but they don't sell one for an Xterra!

mdtony1oo

Wakefield, MA just 15 mins north of Boston... I work in Cambridge.. maybe we can meet up sometime if you want to see it - but trust me, it's awesome for the price. I'd buy another one if I could, lol... actually I looked for one for my fiance, but they don't sell one for an Xterra!

I work in Town, but I will pm you my # just let me know when and where its good for you. Peace looks great I just want to hear it too :thumbsup:

MastaG

Hey guys, just a heads up. I received the head unit a couple of weeks ago and now have it installed, but the unit did not come with the iPod cable. When I asked Fish Lee to send me the missing cable he refused to send me the cable unless I bought another unit! It appears he doesn't want to fork out the money to ship the cable!!! I have raised a dispute with Paypal so hopefully this ridiculous matter can be resolved. I mean, how much can it cost to ship a damn cable? I will keep you updated, but please beware if purchasing from these guys! I will however, say that I am otherwise very happy with the unit, ESPECIALLY the GPS! Will post pics and review once I sort out the matter of the missing iPod cable...

whoyeah

Ya I ordered this Feb 21 and am receiving emails from FISH saying not yet not yet. Then he tells me its going to be around Feb16th(maybe!). Now thats about a month after ordering for me! Over 4 weeks. I emailed telling them this was too long of a wait and that this should of been told at time of ordering or on the website. We will see what he replies. They are quick to ask for money but slow to tell u the full details....I will post what he says :thumbup:

nikbrewer

Go Kart Champion
honestly, a mnth for ordring direct from china with a new version being tested? thats not that bad. I think you all forget this is not some store, this is a manufacturer in chine you are buying from direct.

I will be placing an order for the new 6050 in the next few days

soze

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
Something Else
It's ready for prime time. this is a complete package which includes

The VW loading screen.
The Optimized Skin.
The updated Day/night Color Scheme.
And system.ini/sys.ini you can use or refrence from to best configure your iGo8 for the WD6050. Remember: Always backup your SD card before installing anything. have fun, and here are some pics below.

The link to download.
VW/Gj Skin for iGO8 Version 1.00

Rapidshare
mirror

Easyshare
mirror

I should also add that if you use iGo8 on any GPS headunit at 480x234 resolution this skin will work as well.

Finally got around to doing this. Highly recommended! :thumbsup: