GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Vag-Com / vagcom Guide

ChouDawg

Null
Car(s)
2014 Subaru WRX
Just used the .pdf earlier and borrowed my friend's cable to do some coding. Didn't know I needed to enable UK/EU to get the fogs/xenon/halogen high beams so that would explain why they dont work. My laptop battery died before I could get there so I'll have to do it next time, as well as get rid of the seatbelt chime.

I was wondering if I enable flash 2 pass, with everything off my halogen inners will be my high beams right? Cause as of right now my HID still come on which is not what I want. Also when my headlights are on, the HID and halogens will be high beams?

Thanks to OP and all the other Vag-com gurus for all the great info.

VancouverGTI

Go Kart Champion
Yeah, once everything is set right, only the inner halogens will light if you "flash to pass" someone and your HID's are off. If your HID's are on, then both the inner halogens will light and the shutter on the HID's will lift.

I'm not sure, but I don't think anything will happen if you push your stalk forward into the high beam setting when your headlights are off, but if your headlights are on, the high beam position should turn on both the inner halogens and lift the HID shutter.

sloMk5

2007 GTI
is it normal only to be able to be able to roll the windows up/down with the key fob close range? it seems like it for mine...like say if I can lock/unlock at 30 ft away, I can only do the windows at 10 ft away. normal?

VancouverGTI

Go Kart Champion
Low battery, maybe? Holding the button down like you have to for windows will cause more of a power drop in the battery than a short press to lock or unlock would, which would present as a shorter range for the remote.

theholycow

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
1980 Buick LeSabre
Mine also only works up close, and usually the first press won't do it no matter how long I hold it.

sloMk5

2007 GTI
Mine also only works up close, and usually the first press won't do it no matter how long I hold it.

Mine usually only works @ a 10-15 ft range, too. Sometimes on the first press, sometimes not.

Sounds exactly like mine...

I can do mine from inside my office, 30+ feet away?

Yeah I would like to be able to do it from far away like that to let hot air out when I'm walking up to the car. I think you're probably right about the battery. I'm already using my spare key because my original died. Hopefully replacements are cheap...it's crazy how expensive some of the little batteries are now.

JetTurbo

geezer
Car(s)
2018 GTi Autobahn 6M
Key / remote - Duracell 2032 battery

... I think you're probably right about the battery... Hopefully replacements are cheap...it's crazy how expensive some of the little batteries are now.

Standard battery, available at most office supply stores, under $4.
At least my local Staples had Duracell 2032 which worked well.
----
I find this VW key battery replacement DIY to be very complete (step by step with eight on topic pics) ...

Volkswagen Key Disassembly

Volkswagen Key Disassembly said:

sloMk5

2007 GTI

VancouverGTI

Go Kart Champion
Yup, good advice! The 2032 is one of THE most common button cells out there. Treat yourself to a new one, and let us know if you notice a difference.

sloMk5

2007 GTI
I just picked up a new one at Advance for 3.50 when I was getting a gear oil funnel. Haven't had a chance to put it in yet, but will report back. Thanks guys!

deeds

Passed Driver's Ed
Car(s)
GTi
HELP - seat belt chime

Call me a newb i don't care but i'm really scratching my head on this one and some help would be greatly appreciated. i dont' understand how to enable this part. i would like to get rid of the seat belt chime but still keep the brake warning and the washer fluid warnings. In the PDF write up it has it where - For a 2-door, to enable the brake pad warning, but disable the seat belt and washer fluid warnings, the 3rd and 4th digits should be “01”. when looking at the image the legend is telling me that the brake pad warning is for "01", but how would i add just the washer fluid warning?

deeds

Passed Driver's Ed
Car(s)
GTi
never mind i figured it out. didn't know that you add the numbers and then it clicked in. thanks anyways.