GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Vag-Com / vagcom Guide

awb17x

WHEEL Slayer
Car(s)
2006 GTI
Anyone know the step by step basics for all the basic mods? I just ordered the cable... and wanna start doing some of the mods with it as well as do some logs

awb17x

WHEEL Slayer
Car(s)
2006 GTI
also how do I turn off my air bag light? I have seats from 09 in my 06 and non of the plugs match up so yeah I just wanna turn that light off

omeydz

BARGAIN RETROFITS!*PM ME*
Car(s)
Golf MK5 1.4
hi, whats the procedure to activate the cruise control in engine ECU if it hasnt already been done so??

all i have found on the net is this:

[Select]
[01 - Engine]
[Login - 11]
Enter 11463 to activate cruise control
[Do It!]

After doing this procedure, there should be a letter "G" in the Component field

if this is correct, is it universal for all engines both petrol and diesel?

help v appreciated :D

esoteric0

will vag-com for beer.
Anyone know the step by step basics for all the basic mods? I just ordered the cable... and wanna start doing some of the mods with it as well as do some logs

try checking the first post in this thread.

also how do I turn off my air bag light? I have seats from 09 in my 06 and non of the plugs match up so yeah I just wanna turn that light off

if the seats aren't plugged in you're always going to throw a code, no matter how often you clear it.

DonHowson

Ready to race!
Car(s)
2009 GTI
You have Scandinavian drls activated. I do this for the winter.

Is it possible the Canada country code forces the Scandanavian DRL?

I owned a 1990 Canada spec Jetta which had side and rear lights as well as front. The light switch, in effect, only controlled the dash lights.

.../don

DonHowson

Ready to race!
Car(s)
2009 GTI
Is there any chance the Canadian setting might do the same as the EU setting, but without affecting the radio frequencies?

I have been looking for a detailed description of what each of the 7 country settings does, but haven't found one.

.../don

-jakrbt-

.:R32 OG
Is there any chance the Canadian setting might do the same as the EU setting, but without affecting the radio frequencies?

I have been looking for a detailed description of what each of the 7 country settings does, but haven't found one.

.../don

No, it won't do the same things I don't believe. Shouldn't have any issues with radio frequencies that I'm aware of. At least I haven't so far.

rs_hunter

Ich blute VW-Blau & weiße

.../don

The EU setting will have no effect on your stereo.

deeds

Passed Driver's Ed
Car(s)
GTi
this guide really help me out big time. got everything done which i wanted. thank you for this very very helpful guide.

deeds

Passed Driver's Ed
Car(s)
GTi
so i made my fogs as DRL's but it does not turn on automatically unless i switch the parking lights on and then turn the fogs on. if i just start the car and put the ebrake down i have no lights. i do have the euro switch so was there something that i missed??? or is this how it is supposed to work?

JetTurbo

geezer
Car(s)
2018 GTi Autobahn 6M
so i made my fogs as DRL's but it does not turn on automatically unless i switch the parking lights on and then turn the fogs on. if i just start the car and put the ebrake down i have no lights. i do have the euro switch so was there something that i missed??? or is this how it is supposed to work?

No, that is not how it is supposed to work.
Is it possible you enabled the setting to use Fogs as DRL but you left North American DRL off?
You must leave North American DRL enabled for fogs to work as DRL.

Did your DRL light on the instruments light up when you took the brake off with the switch off?

i.e. there are two settings that must be enabled,
both Byte 0 bit 4 and byte 17 bit 4 must be ON.

deeds

Passed Driver's Ed
Car(s)
GTi
i believe i might have turned off Byte 0 bit 4. does anyone local have a vag com that could let me change it. don't feel like driving to NYC to make a simple change. anyone wanna help a brother out?

thanks JetTurbo

and to answer this question "Did your DRL light on the instruments light up when you took the brake off with the switch off?"

no no lights come on.

VancouverGTI

Go Kart Champion
I think Jet's quite right then, man. Check Byte 0, Bit 4, and you should be in business.

I'd help you out, but you're on the wrong side of the country!