GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

The Jetta rides again

flat tire

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
Electric + 135i
Right. Used to have a IE HPFP + 150bar valve on stock injectors which could do a lot of fuel but the HPFP went out so I'm stock. Funny enough, the IE pump shit the bed <1k miles after install and the stock components, which I didn't take that much care to cleanly store, and which I hardly installed in a cleanroom, are still running great 6k after reinstalling into the same pump body.

I'm not aiming for a huge amount of power, just strong, unstressed power at high rpm so it won't need as huge a proportion of fueling from the meth as you would think.

Joshohol

Go Kart Champion
to break 300 id expect to need fueling tho? How much meth can you add to make up for missing all that extra fuel. I have rs4 injectors, rs4 valve, autotech hpfp, and a dw65v for lpfp plus meth for my frankenturbo setup. i did over do it in case I want gt30 later on tho ?

Interested to see what you end up with

Sent from my SM-N920P using Tapatalk

flat tire

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
Electric + 135i
Stock HPFP supports 300+ at high RPM, meth makes up the difference. You can inject as much of it as you want depending on your pump, the nozzles / injectors you use and how big your fuel cell is. We'll see though. My bimmer's stock IC could really use an upgrade so I think I'll put the meth in there instead of this project car that I NEED TO SELL. :mad:

In other news I put down the crack pipe, put the K04 back on and called it a day. Went for a little drive, ended up pushing the car, it has way reduced traction on these bald tires but was a lot of fun. The BT would take time and money I don't have so it's out unless my life takes a drastically unexpected turn before I no longer own the car.

flat tire

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
Electric + 135i
As of April 29th, I will no longer own this car. The good news is, it's going to some really great guys who are going to put it to much better use than I ever could.

Next update will be a video, so stay tuned.

LilRaverBoi

Optometrist Prime
Flat tire had sanity left?? LOL. That ship sailed long ago.

So more details please on the sale....er....transition of ownership.

flat tire

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
Electric + 135i
Flat tire had sanity left?? LOL. That ship sailed long ago.

So more details please on the sale....er....transition of ownership.

:23:

As soon as it goes down, this forum will be the first to know.

Let me also stuff in a brief update: I installed a fellow VW driver's full exhaust system at my workshop today and after that we went for a ride in the GLI. It felt great, had good power and was really solid overall. Love the suspension, but it really cries for a diff. I would say welded is the way to go but I don't want to break the axles. The car sounds AMAZING now at WOT with the straight pipe, motor mounts and bare metal shell. Had some misfiring when it was cold, not sure what that's about. Ran great when warm. My K04 is holding out like a champion, I have pre-turbine EGTs that hit 1900+ F in 6th gear around 6K RPM and it's tolerating them. Not sure how hot people go to drop valves BUT they are sodium filled and I figure I'm ok if I stay below 1950*. I would like to run a lot more timing than I am from 5K+ but I have NOT modified the factory knock control and I'm advanced as far as I can without it interfering. You can safely dial the knock response back a bit but I'm not super interested in this. As an adjunct, there is no way the aggressive K04 tunes out there are getting the timing / boost / fueling they are without touching the factory knock control maps.

flat tire

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
Electric + 135i
OK, minor update here. Back in early April I had planned to *give* the car to a youtube channel that has massively blown up. They were all about it at first and called me within 5 minutes of me sending the email, even offering to come pick up the car. Of course, they got big, got better cars, and quickly had no need for a Jetta. Unfortunately they weren't nice enough to keep me in the loop and inform me of the change of heart. Whatever, social skills are a lost art these days.

Now, a local GTI enthusiast I've installed some mods for is buying the car from me for a very low price and plans to daily drive it. I wasn't sure how great of an idea that is but he also has a super clean MK6 and knows what he's getting into so I guess it will work out OK. One thing's for sure, I'm very happy that the car will remain around town and under enthusiast ownership. After this car's super sketchy ownership history, I can only keep my fingers crossed, but this sale seems pretty legit. We'll know by Thursday.

No new mods or anything, haven't been driving the car. I'll reconnect the muffler and weld my sunroof hole closed before the sale. On a slightly related note my 135 is on blocks while I pull and weld the diff. 50mm threadlocked nut on the driveshaft was super fun to remove lol.

flat tire

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
Electric + 135i
I sold the car. Hopefully the new owner takes good care of it and I can see it from time to time :cry: