The Golfmkv OFF-TOPIC chat (Part 10)

Status
Not open for further replies.

K03

Ridiculous.
Car(s)
MK5 GTI
yeah, it happens. Get a torch and heat it up

I did, there's no way it's coming out in one piece. I let it soak for days in tons of PB, used my biggest breaker bar, even broke my craftsman ratchet trying to get the fucker out.

I talked to my vw tech buddy who said it was a common problem and that they just sawed the bolt in half. Supposedly once cut it'll just pop out , he said they don't even replace the bushing just the bolt in those instances. My concern is that it's basically welded to the metal sleeve inside the bushing meaning the rear suspension would have to be taken apart and a new bushing or control arm thrown in. It wouldn't be a problem if I had enough time to leave it at a shop or work on it myself but this is my only car. Do you think it would be smart to cut it like my buddy said they do? I'm skeptical as the bushing sleeve is metal as well, last thing I need is to cut it and then it not come out.

Last edited:

K03

Ridiculous.
Car(s)
MK5 GTI
Such a headache, God I hate working on cars that see salt regularly. Just glancing at the suspension the toll winter has taken on the car is sickening, nearly every bolt is rusted

Austin_hull

Für Die Liebe Des Autos
Car(s)
MK5 TR GTI REVO// +
Yeah, if you cant get it out by conventional means then cut it. Its what I would do, just make sure to start early incase you run into issues during the process or have your VW tech friend do it for you

Yeah, if you cant get it out by conventional means then cut it. Its what I would do, just make sure to start early incase you run into issues during the process or have your VW tech friend do it for you

Double posting to get that blue car, huh?

:sm3:

BUT YOU CANT WASH YOUR CAR

THIS.

Status
Not open for further replies.