GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

The Golfmkv OFF-TOPIC chat (Part 10)

Status
Not open for further replies.

merkeyterkey

The Real FLATTIRE
If it makes you feel better jordan, I didn't get the release I was going for today either :( It was sold out. But I didn't get there at opening time cause I was being lame and kinda took a girl out there on a date lol

What were you looking for? You shoulda let me know I would have kept an eye out

kdisjubjub

shhh I'm hunting wabbits
Car(s)
2008 VW GTI
Guys I need help!

So I want to take advantage of APR's spring sale ($599 fully loaded) and get more poweeeeeer out of my car. If I went Stage II it would cost me $740 for a Eurojet Downpipe (with cat) and J pipe. Plus cost for labor.

So my questions is should I just go Stage I now and later down the road get the downpipe? Or is Stage II a big enough difference where I should wait a couple month and bite the bullet and drop $1,500?

Sterling

Steel Tip
Car(s)
S3

Sterling

Steel Tip
Car(s)
S3
Guys I need help!

So I want to take advantage of APR's spring sale ($599 fully loaded) and get more poweeeeeer out of my car. If I went Stage II it would cost me $740 for a Eurojet Downpipe (with cat) and J pipe. Plus cost for labor.

So my questions is should I just go Stage I now and later down the road get the downpipe? Or is Stage II a big enough difference where I should wait a couple month and bite the bullet and drop $1,500?

stage 1 for now. most places don't charge for the flash up to stage 2.

and why a eurojet DP? they have a pretty bad reputation now a days from what i remember?

Sterling

Steel Tip
Car(s)
S3
their dp's aren't bad. DIY the labor, find a friend with tools. A retarted monkey could swap a dp

for some reason i thought that shop went downhill. my mistake!

and i second doing the labor yourself!

kdisjubjub

shhh I'm hunting wabbits
Car(s)
2008 VW GTI
stage 1 for now. most places don't charge for the flash up to stage 2.

and why a eurojet DP? they have a pretty bad reputation now a days from what i remember?

Yeah my local dealer doesn't charge. I have the Eurojet Catback and I love it. Figured I should probably stick with the same company to make the full TBE and have everything work correctly.

their dp's aren't bad. DIY the labor, find a friend with tools. A retarted monkey could swap a dp

Would I need a lift to do it or will a jack and stands be enough?

Yeah, just do stage I for now. Like Sterlong said if you bump up to Stage II it should cost $0-50 for the tune change.

Sounds good then! Plus I can wait till the DP goes on sale too.

Status
Not open for further replies.