GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

The Golfmk OFF-TOPIC chat (Part 11)

g60_corrado_91

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
2006 GTI 6MT Pkg 1
Suspension overhaul is next on the agenda for me after the diff, trans, FSB, and deadset subframe bushing kit.

merkeyterkey

The Real FLATTIRE
126k but remember, it's 10 years old now.

One of my rear control arm bushings is bad & on parts.com you can get the arm with both bushings already assembled for ~$130, so ~$350 for both arms with all the needed hardware including all of the subframe bolts (hopefully)

g60_corrado_91

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
2006 GTI 6MT Pkg 1
I am doing the deadset now. Doing the deadset, H&R FSB, trans, dieselgeek SS, LSD, new clutch master cylinder, and a few other things now.

Coils, new LCA bushings and an ALK will come after. Two alignments but I can't do it all right now.

g60_corrado_91

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
2006 GTI 6MT Pkg 1

One of my rear control arm bushings is bad & on parts.com you can get the arm with both bushings already assembled for ~$130, so ~$350 for both arms with all the needed hardware including all of the subframe bolts (hopefully)

Yeah, my car was built in April of 2006, so same story. 151k here.

eurocars

5/17/15 - Never forget
Car(s)
2006 GTI

Thats pretty expensive. I got passat aluminum control arms, spindles, poly bushings and had them pressed in for just over 200

avenali312

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2015 GTI
Got my car inspected by the dealer for the fender rust. They sent me to the body shop so they'd have an estimate for when the regional guy comes down next week.

Estimator: Did you know that just about every panel on your car has been repainted at some point?

Me: No.

Fun times.

merkeyterkey

The Real FLATTIRE
Thats pretty expensive. I got passat aluminum control arms, spindles, poly bushings and had them pressed in for just over 200

too late

Got my car inspected by the dealer for the fender rust. They sent me to the body shop so they'd have an estimate for when the regional guy comes down next week.

Estimator: Did you know that just about every panel on your car has been repainted at some point?

Me: No.

Fun times.

Must be red GTI's. everyone I know that has a red GTI their car has been in an accident.

And when I say all, I mean you and one other guy.

avenali312

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2015 GTI
Must be red GTI's. everyone I know that has a red GTI their car has been in an accident.

And when I say all, I mean you and one other guy.

Estimator felt pretty positive it's never been in an accident and that it was probably surface damage that happened on the trip from Germany to the U.S. Apparently it's not uncommon for a dealership to take ownership of a car and have to do body work before they put it up for sale.

Full write-up can be found here:
http://www.golfmkv.com/forums/showthread.php?t=195230