GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

So, i disabled the TPMS error message!

dpham00

Modérateur Emeritus
Well, I swapped wheels, and the TPMS error message was driving me nuts. I messed around trying to disable TPMS for 20-30 minutes last night, and i got both the light and the error message to go away!

Warning: Doing these modifications may cause damage to your car, and may negatively impact your warranty. Do at your own risk!

-To get rid of the light, disable TPMS in the Can Gateway's long coding.
-To get rid of the error message, go into the TPMS module 65, go to the output test, go through a few different tests until you see one that says "System Switched Off". Do that test, and then shut off the car, and remove the key. then exit from vag-com. After that, the error message didn't pop up again.

I got the idea from here:

http://forums.vwvortex.com/zerothread?id=2947319

JonTewks

Ready to race!
Car(s)
MkV GTI
Does your TPMS still work? When I switched wheels, it just took a few hours to reconnect with the sensors.

Maseroche

Ready to race!
Appreciate the info. Very annoying when you get the error message.

Mango

Gym Rat
Car(s)
07' GTI, 07' SRT8
**EDIT: Nevermind, forgot to uncheck TPMS in CAN Gateway lol! horray for reading comprehension.

CiDirkona

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
MK3 TT, MK1 Atlas SE
Woot! This'll save me $220.

I had my "your cat sucks" CEL for a week before that drove me nuts to the point of getting the angle block...

-Colin

nikitynick

EurotrashSD Dubber
old thread, sorry for resurrecting it, but did you guys get a fault code reading

01044 - control module incorrectly coded?

it came after i disabled TPMS through the CAN gateway, but would not come back if i re-enabled TPMS and then cleared the code.

JetTurbo

geezer
Car(s)
2018 GTi Autobahn 6M
clarify the question?

old thread, sorry for resurrecting it, but did you guys get a fault code reading

01044 - control module incorrectly coded?

it came after i disabled TPMS through the CAN gateway, but would not come back if i re-enabled TPMS and then cleared the code.

bump for an answer, noticed the same thing with mine today...

subscribe i need to do this

Well, I swapped wheels, and the TPMS error message was driving me nuts. I messed around trying to disable TPMS for 20-30 minutes last night, and i got both the light and the error message to go away!

Warning: Doing these modifications may cause damage to your car, and may negatively impact your warranty. Do at your own risk!

-To get rid of the error message, go into the TPMS module 65, go to the output test, go through a few different tests until you see one that says "System Switched Off". Do that test, and then shut off the car, and remove the key. then exit from vag-com. After that, the error message didn't pop up again....

Looks like nikitynick in May made the CAN change, but didn't do the second step. :iono:

So are you guys saying you did both the VAG-COM changes and you STILL have an error?

plac

GTI Master
i heard you cannot disable TPMS on 2009 cars. Which sucks, because mine is broke and goes off all the time.

siliconcenturion

Go Kart Champion
i heard you cannot disable TPMS on 2009 cars. Which sucks, because mine is broke and goes off all the time.

wtf are you talking about mang.
I have an 09, went into 19-CAN, coding, long coding helpder, bit 4, unchecked TPMS Installed, saved coding
bingo, disabled.
Scanning codes gives an 'improperly configured CAN' error, but no annoying light.

plac

GTI Master
wtf are you talking about mang.
I have an 09, went into 19-CAN, coding, long coding helpder, bit 4, unchecked TPMS Installed, saved coding
bingo, disabled.
Scanning codes gives an 'improperly configured CAN' error, but no annoying light.

I just heard because of laws they locked out disabling it on 2009s.

What about the LCD? That is more my concern than the light.. When the LCD is on it blocks all my normal LCD info i need..

BMP-GTI-07

Ready to race!
Car(s)
MKV GTI

-To get rid of the error message, go into the TPMS module 65, go to the output test, go through a few different tests until you see one that says "System Switched Off". Do that test, and then shut off the car, and remove the key. then exit from vag-com. After that, the error message didn't pop up again.

I need to do this as well. Will it work on a 07 GTI?

plac

GTI Master

No, that doesnt work on 2009s...

The SYSTEM OFF output test never finishes.