GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

So, i disabled the TPMS error message!

plac

GTI Master
just to update, i dont think any of the above fixes worked for my LCD message.

but when i pumped all tires up to 44psi, the light and LCD message was off the second i started the car.

previous pressures were 40/40/40/38

seanmcd

World's Greatest Driver
Car(s)
2008 VW Rabbit
just to update, i dont think any of the above fixes worked for my LCD message.

but when i pumped all tires up to 44psi, the light and LCD message was off the second i started the car.

previous pressures were 40/40/40/38

I'm pretty sure this post refers to disabling the error light when you DON'T have the sensors. BUT 44psi? That's a bit too much. You don't need to put more than 34psi in to make the light go away if you have working sensors. 44 is too much psi.

plac

GTI Master
I'm pretty sure this post refers to disabling the error light when you DON'T have the sensors. BUT 44psi? That's a bit too much. You don't need to put more than 34psi in to make the light go away if you have working sensors. 44 is too much psi.

all personal preference. i like hard tires.

BMP-GTI-07

Ready to race!
Car(s)
MKV GTI
hmmm...just tried this and the system off test would not finish :/

plac

GTI Master
hmmm...just tried this and the system off test would not finish :/

yup...

so just pump all 4 corners to 40-42 like i did and i bet the light goes off immediately. i have found a 2 psi difference in 1 tire can make the light go off.

BMP-GTI-07

Ready to race!
Car(s)
MKV GTI
yup...

so just pump all 4 corners to 40-42 like i did and i bet the light goes off immediately. i have found a 2 psi difference in 1 tire can make the light go off.

The light is off, I'm trying to get rid of the message. I don't have TPMS, but thanks for the response tho. :wink:

plac

GTI Master
The light is off, I'm trying to get rid of the message. I don't have TPMS, but thanks for the response tho. :wink:

the light is the easy piece to get off.. the message is the hard one.

BMP-GTI-07

Ready to race!
Car(s)
MKV GTI
the light is the easy piece to get off.. the message is the hard one.

Does it matter what Vag Com software you have on the computer. Would that play a difference? As I have the old software. Needed it to do hatch pop a long time ago and still have the old stuff. Anyone?

plac

GTI Master
always important to have the latest. my version on my laptop currently is 908

BMP-GTI-07

Ready to race!
Car(s)
MKV GTI
Updated with the new version of software and still wouldn't change the message. I run the prompt to toggle the system off and it just stays there and doesn't change. Am i not waiting long enough. I mean I waited a couple of minutes and nothing happened. ??