GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

S3/R32/Cupra 2 brake upgrade

daleCarlsbad

Passed Driver's Ed
Very nice.

FYI for the purists …..that wheel lock needs to 180 degrees across from the valve stem and center cat pointing to the stem as well.

I didn’t make the rules….just the messenger. :biggrin::biggrin:

Benjamin T

Go Kart Champion
where is the best place to buy r32 front/rear brake rotors (i'm in canada where there is no R32 so i'm not sure i can get it from the local dealer)? how much do they typically cost?

also, which model year of seat leon cupra r shares the same brake parts? a friend in the UK says a local breaker has a totalled one sitting in their yard that still has it's brakes, but he dosen't know enough about this to know if it's the right year.

jakethemoss

Ready to race!
Car(s)
Mercedes Sprinter
subscribed

fuscobal

Go Kart Champion
Just replaced the OEm pads with Ferodo DS2500. The brakes are even more consistant now and there is no squealing like I would have expected (maybe when it's very cold outside). I have a 40km mountain road where our national rally championship takes place and where I tested the brakes. While after about 15km of hard driving around sharp corners the OEM brakes where completely useless (black smoke...hard pedal...no brakes), these brakes where just like at the beginning after the 40km course !!!

jakethemoss

Ready to race!
Car(s)
Mercedes Sprinter
Hi, Just to follow up on this old but very good tread, anyone with this upgrade calibrated/vag com'ed for these brakes.
I've done this upgrade and my wheels are blocking before abs steps in.:frown:

daigo

Oval Newbie
Car(s)
Mkv GTI
I also swapped R32 brakes to my GTI, and tried to vagcom abs but in vain. according to wireing diagram, wire connections are different between 15/16" rotor brakes(GTI) and 17"rotor brake(R32).

you need to change wire connections if you want R32 calibration, but I'm not sure if GTI's abs-ecu have R32 program inside.

Attachments

• abs module copy.JPG
    abs module copy.JPG
    42.5 KB · Views: 1,619
  • p1CAECI22B.jpg
    p1CAECI22B.jpg
    52.8 KB · Views: 1,677

OBBI

Apex clipper
Car(s)
09 5dr GTI
sweet setup, im thinking of going AP but dont have the budget for it yet :(