GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

revo s2 vs. stock 335i coupe

mfactor

Passed Driver's Ed
He failed for racing with his mother in his car. You failed big time for racing him while his mother was in his car. WTF is wrong with you people...

TurbO_Lag

Aint I?
Car(s)
2008 GTi MkV
:laughabove: this guys a fucking asshole..

seriously do you have friends or maybe an online game you can play?

i was wondering the exact same thing.... punch babies? seriously?
I thought the same thing. Apparently (And this is straight from his mouth) he owns an older, or did own an older VW. He became a member but never visited, and he got an E-mail from our website a few months ago, and has come back to clean up this forum of the trash. He is like the Batman of GolfMKV.com, except, his fans are few and far between.

Seem's like an OK guy to me, just missed a few hugs as a child, and occasionally has a bad day...which I am assuming is what he is having today.

War, count me in on the baby punching thing today. Maybe tomorrow we can go to an old age home and break some hips? Then hit up an elementary school, get us some lunch money, YA HEARD!? :paddle:

Fun:Turbo

Old School Junglist
Car(s)
GTI
I love this...So is it my firm grasp on reality that bothers you...or maybe my vastly superior experience w/ all things automotive...or maybe the fact that I have ACTUALLY RACED these cars you have fanboy wet dreams of beating...:iono:

are you serious? this ego trip you have is what makes you such the eBully you are today.

i know you just love to have that persona that reflects from your profile.. but come on .. no one takes you serious anymore.. your just an annoyance..

TurbO_Lag

Aint I?
Car(s)
2008 GTi MkV
I love this...So is it my firm grasp on reality that bothers you...or maybe my vastly superior experience w/ all things automotive...or maybe the fact that I have ACTUALLY RACED these cars you have fanboy wet dreams of beating...:iono:
That's funny....

Do you think we fill this VS section with fake stories? Do you think some of us come into work, sit down, tell ourselves that our lives suck, and start typing fake stories?

Do you think you are the only person to ever do a 20-80 run against these cars? or that the only place these cars exist are in your general area? Or do you have a list of the owners of these cars, and also have a matching list of bad drivers so you can call BS every chance you get?

are you serious? this ego trip you have is what makes you such the eBully you are today.

i know you just love to have that persona that reflects from your profile.. but come on .. no one takes you serious anymore.. your just an annoyance..

http://tbn3.google.com/images?q=tbn...2/wp-content/uploads/2008/06/untitled25ut.jpg

g60_corrado_91

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
2006 GTI 6MT Pkg 1
It was probably an automatic or a 6 speed and he was a shitty driver. These are not unbeatable in stock form and I learned that today, if I had meth injection or a hpfp I would have probably taken him. Plus I never said I beat him, I said he didn't beat me. Modded 335i's are beasts don't get me wrong but a stage 2 gti and a stock 335i is a pretty even comparison on the street and not in a magazine. DSG takes away driver error.

I'm not doubting your story at all, but if there had been no traffic and you guys kept at it, the 335 may have had the edge, but just that.

I thought they were quicker, but I was just looking at factory spec 1/4 mile times and here are 3 sources.

2007 BMW 335i 4.9 13.6 (C&D Nov '06)
2007 BMW 335i 4.8 13.3 (Edmunds.com)
2007 BMW 335i 4.9 13.4 (Auto Week)

Don't have trap speeds, but another one trapped 103. So a Stg 2 GTI isn't out of reach from a roll, though top end will suffer.

Anyhow, while the 6 speed automatic in those isn't a DSG type transmission, that's not to say they don't shift fast. BMW has a damn good torque convertor automatic.

Anyhow, nice kill nonetheless. Now I'm going to have to find one that wants to race.:happyanim:

phil

becausephilchow
Car(s)
2009 VW R32
Correct me if i'm wrong, but if the GTI was a RWD platform like the 335i Coupe, would we not be in the low 13s with Stage 2 mods?

I mean we run mid 13s already with Stage 2, but I would imagine some of that has to do with the FWD.

Maybe we'd even be in 12s with AWD?

Who knows.

TurbO_Lag

Aint I?
Car(s)
2008 GTi MkV
Correct me if i'm wrong, but if the GTI was a RWD platform like the 335i Coupe, would we not be in the low 13s with Stage 2 mods?

I mean we run mid 13s already with Stage 2, but I would imagine some of that has to do with the FWD.

Maybe we'd even be in 12s with AWD?

Who knows.
I would think even with RWD, our weight would keep us in the mid to high 13's. AWD would possible get us into the 12's though.:smile:

Rev2Ten-K

Banned

I take him serious.....Because he doesn't just talk out of his ass. He actually does know what he's talking about 99% of the time from what I've seen. And his experience, and knowledge shines every time he posts. It's his attitude, and direct delivery while posting that you guys don't like IMO. But the guy knows what he's talking about. And you can see it every time he post's. It usually shines some light on the particular subject.

Some of you guys just don't like it because it happens to be concerning a VW he's speaking of that happens to be 'losing'. And even though he's made it obvious he's more of a VW guy then most of you. The simple fact of hearing someone say negative things about a VW (even though in this particular instance you're comparing the GTI to a BMW 335i which costs double the price) you guys still get all butt hurt. But it doesn't change the simple fact that he's still right.

I would think even with RWD, our weight would keep us in the mid to high 13's. AWD would possible get us into the 12's though.:smile:

Not with a 100-103mph trap it wouldn't.

Take an Evo for sake of comparison. Their record for a stock car is a 12.9@107, with a 1.6 60ft. So even with his 107 mph trap speed and their AWD he just barely broke into the 12's.

My s2000 went 12.9@107 on my old set-up also, but with a RWD platform. And my 60 ft was only a 1.9.

If Rysskii was here I'd break it down into detail as to why each car did what they did, and at what parts of the track each car was strong, and not so strong. Even though they still had the same e.t. AND trap speed, these cars would have very different strong points street racing.

MDgti08

Go Kart Champion
nice runs man. i raced a four door one a few months back with apr stage 2. i lost by about 1.5 cars but keeping up with one is believable. those cars are quick.

Fun:Turbo

Old School Junglist
Car(s)
GTI
I take him serious.....Because he doesn't just talk out of his ass. He actually does know what he's talking about 99% of the time from what I've seen. And his experience, and knowledge shines every time he posts. It's his attitude, and direct delivery while posting that you guys don't like IMO. But the guy knows what he's talking about. And you can see it every time he post's. It usually shines some light on the particular subject.

Some of you guys just don't like it because it happens to be concerning a VW he's speaking of that happens to be 'losing'. And even though he's made it obvious he's more of a VW guy then most of you. The simple fact of hearing someone say negative things about a VW (even though in this particular instance you're comparing the GTI to a BMW 335i which costs double the price) you guys still get all butt hurt. But it doesn't change the simple fact that he's still right.

i know he knows cars.. i know you know cars..

but thats not what im talking about.. and i really dont think alot of people on here care if their vw golf gti 2.0t rabbit jetta gli care if certain cars can smoke them..

i didnt get mad when i got smoked by an srt4 or an older model M3.. it was just fun.. not everyone connects to their vehicle on a organic to mechanical level.. egoooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooosssss

julito04

I plead the fif.
Car(s)
08 WRX Limited
I love tags, I love tags, I love tags..

Raddicted

Perfectly insane
Interesting run.