GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Recent Purchases Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bad hare

Ex-mkv owner
Say whut?

Being able to rent your clothes for < $150 and a 20 min fitting is one of the best things about being a dude in a wedding.

Fine line between looking like a gentlemen and a waiter at your wedding. I honestly, felt like bus boy at a diner. no joke. lol

I was honestly going to go the rental route, but I can count on more than two hands the amount of upcoming black tie events i have between weddings and corporate / networking events in the upcoming year alone. I'll more than get my use out of it. Plus rentals are 200 + shoes & tax.

I'll easily break even on it (compared to rentals), look better in it & still own it.

s4mt3k

binary four
Car(s)
'11 Tundra
I'm going to have to agree with Hare. I just rented my suit @ Men's Warehouse, it was the only thing that I hated about our wedding. We went over and beyond with all vendors, preparations... everything was perfect. The only thing that was terrible was my & the groomsmen's suits. Only thing I wish I did different.

Best part is, even though they took our measurements. The day we went to pick them up (day before the wedding), not a single piece fit right. Everything had to be re-done.

nhbubba

CEL free until 48,398 mi
Meh. Clearly I value these things less than you guys. Like they say, different strokes.

My father calls that place "Mens Whorehouse". I've honestly never shopped.

We have a local tux rental place. Got my tuxes for the proms there as a kid and everyone I know rents for their weddings too. Their best wool tuxes rent for $150. They have cheaper synthetic options too. They do measurements just fine and everything has always fit right on pickup. They are super nice people too. In fact I fucked up the return on my buddys wedding a few weeks ago. When we got home I unpacked everything and put the tux in the front closet.. then completely forgot about the damned thing. A week later I get a WTF call from them. I immediately jumped in the car and brought it back. No charges, just a few dirty looks followed by some laughs over what an idiot I am.

They'll get my business and that of my groomsmen next August.

Sucks if you don't have local businesses like that. My advice would be to shop somewhere else. I'd argue that piss-poor fit has a lot to do with the guy making the measurements and alterations and less to do with the fact that the suits were rented.

Maybe my standards aren't as high as you guys. Honestly I thought we looked fine. But then my idea of dressing up involves (clean) dockers and a collared shirt. The last reception I attended was literally in a barn.

Bad hare

Ex-mkv owner
Meh. Clearly I value these things less than you guys. Like they say, different strokes.

My father calls that place "Mens Whorehouse". I've honestly never shopped.

We have a local tux rental place. Got my tuxes for the proms there as a kid and everyone I know rents for their weddings too. Their best wool tuxes rent for $150. They have cheaper synthetic options too. They do measurements just fine and everything has always fit right on pickup. They are super nice people too. In fact I fucked up the return on my buddys wedding a few weeks ago. When we got home I unpacked everything and put the tux in the front closet.. then completely forgot about the damned thing. A week later I get a WTF call from them. I immediately jumped in the car and brought it back. No charges, just a few dirty looks followed by some laughs over what an idiot I am.

They'll get my business and that of my groomsmen next August.

Sucks if you don't have local businesses like that. My advice would be to shop somewhere else. I'd argue that piss-poor fit has a lot to do with the guy making the measurements and alterations and less to do with the fact that the suits were rented.

Maybe my standards aren't as high as you guys. Honestly I thought we looked fine. But then my idea of dressing up involves (clean) dockers and a collared shirt. The last reception I attended was literally in a barn.

Mens whorehouse = Awesome

Last reception was in a barn = Awesome

I wear a monkey suit daily. Part of my work. Sometimes w/ or w/o the tie.

My wedding is black tie.

Different parts of the country do things differently. I wish things were a little more laid back here.

Just bought my TV for family room. 59inch samsung

i think this thread needs to be closed and a new one started. "last page" button isnt working for me. idk if thats a symptom of an oversized thread or not

nhbubba

CEL free until 48,398 mi
Last reception was in a barn = Awesome
It gets better. Spotted out the back window of said barn.

That's a primer grey 60's Charger, lifted, with the fenders slashed and straight headers. Out of sight to the right was an early 3-series in some form of disrepair.

Moments before the "you may kiss" part were a little hard to hear because a pack of straight piped harleys rolled through the notch.

Bride and groom were at a wedding not far from there a couple years ago. Durring the ceremony a couple geese flew by. Moments later a string of shotgun blasts were heard.

Fucking love this place.

Lucidity

Marx

Para P1445

Horus USAF

shhh Im thinkin......
Car(s)
06 GTI
Thule rack with front faring, parts for the motorcycle, gas....

Status
Not open for further replies.