GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Recent Purchases Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lucidity

Marx
Campaign? Or overall?

Both aspects. Honestly the graphics (on 360) are the worst I have seen in some time. Maybe I'm just spoiled by Rage and Gears of War, but it just falls far short of the hype and way short of the commercials... I wonder what they used to render them honestly. The mechanics also don't seem to be improved in either mode, I will say the voice acting seemed to be pretty good so far, but aside from that the game slows down during big firefights in both modes, it still takes multiple sniper shots to kill a single dude, it always seems like you're traveling to the action and never in it... I could go on and on. I can see where this would be good on PC, maybe with a 64 player battle, but I don't see it translating to console. The maps seem too big for console, being that you're maxing out 16 on 16 (IIRC) and it's probably due to the developers, cause Joint Ops was running 100 person battles years ago, so if you can't do that on a console nowadays, that's just sad. BF 1943 was a lot of fun, so it's not a problem with the series as a whole, but the way it seemed to be entirely developed for the smallest purchasing market (pc).

not much of a video game guy, but isnt the BF series the same as the COD series?

Not really. The single player campaigns maybe closer in relation, but as far as the multi player goes they are two different animals. COD is more straight deathmatch, with smaller maps and constant action, you're constantly running, gunning, or both. But there are a bunch of different play modes to COD that freshen things up if you don't want to play just one mode. BF is big maps and more of an all out war with vehicles that for the most part revolves around controlling points on the map.

Bad hare

Ex-mkv owner
Fear and Loathing at Rolling Stone : Hunter S Thompson
Buddy of mine raves about HST. I wasn't sure where to start, so this book is the "essentials" and then i can venture out into his other work after i have some base.

Bad hare

Ex-mkv owner
Not really. The single player campaigns maybe closer in relation, but as far as the multi player goes they are two different animals. COD is more straight deathmatch, with smaller maps and constant action, you're constantly running, gunning, or both. But there are a bunch of different play modes to COD that freshen things up if you don't want to play just one mode. BF is big maps and more of an all out war with vehicles that for the most part revolves around controlling points on the map.

I see. makes sense now.

I was actually in game stop today getting gifts for my little cousins and i was about to buy myself rocksmith. So far everyone has been saying good things about it. (online & gamestop employees). Kinda odd, that i haven't heard a bad thing yet and so little press release about it... thoughts?

projekt.kieru

Inspired.
Anyone else totally not impressed by Battlefield?

This.

The campaign is pretty fun and its interesting enough.

The multiplayer is where I have my issues. Coming from COD - Running and Gunning (mentioned before) BF is just slower. The maps are big and its just completely different.

utekineir

Banned
2 gas furnaces (forced hot water) on clearance at lowes. 1 65 k btu 1 145k.

<$400 total.

Watch them say they can't go for that price when I go back with truck to pick up. Employees were salvating over the price.

nhbubba

CEL free until 48,398 mi
Everyone I know playing BF3 is playing on the PC. If it was just the ~$60 game, I'd be in. But no way am I rolling $1k+ to build/upgrade a PC to be capable. Eff that.

The guys say they love it though. Say its huge fun.
2 gas furnaces (forced hot water) on clearance at lowes. 1 65 k btu 1 145k.

<$400 total.

Watch them say they can't go for that price when I go back with truck to pick up. Employees were salvating over the price.
At that price, I'd convert from oil in a heartbeat.
I so want a new furnace. .. And a new roof. .. And a 3rd car for the garage.

RevoGLI

i <3 canada land
Car(s)
2006 GLI
Anyone else totally not impressed by Battlefield?

100% agree with what you said above too. I spend a lot of time going to the action, only to be killed by a camper en route.

IMO I have notice that gameplay drastically improves with friends. Having at least one other friend to play with makes the game so much better in terms of tactics, vehicle (pilot/co-pilot), and overall enjoyment.

utekineir

Banned
At that price, I'd convert from oil in a heartbeat.
I so want a new furnace. .. And a new roof. .. And a 3rd car for the garage.

Pretty much the plan, the smaller one to replace an old oversized oil boiler at one apartment, the larger one maybe at my place since my furnace is old and heats 2 units.

Speaking of the other stuff, the last several weeks have consisted of a roof at folks place, water heater and new furnace. Their roof was years overdue and boiler cracked.

Bad hare

Ex-mkv owner
Last night, I was at a men's "couture fashion establishment" for 3 hours and ordered a custom hand made tuxedo for my wedding. (custom button down fly front shirt as well).

Handmade tux > Gt28rs turbo upgrade.

Lucidity

Marx
100% agree with what you said above too. I spend a lot of time going to the action, only to be killed by a camper en route.

IMO I have notice that gameplay drastically improves with friends. Having at least one other friend to play with makes the game so much better in terms of tactics, vehicle (pilot/co-pilot), and overall enjoyment.

Yeah I noticed that too, but all my friends on xbox pretty much strictly play either Forza or Black Ops, right now... I'm just going to trade it in, got Skyrim and MW3 coming soon, and still have yet to beat Rage or Forza. In the end after the 20 dollar credit amazon was giving, it's like I paid to rent the game for the week anyway. :biggrin:

Status
Not open for further replies.