GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Raceland to H&R Coilovers

SIIIICK08

Ready to race!
Right now I have Raceland Ultimo Coilovers. Had them for 18 months now and seemed like a good idea at the time cuz they were only $400 and gives me a nice stance. The car is very bumpy, extreme wheel hop & my wife hates riding in it too. I was considering swapping then out to H&R ultra low coilovers. Anyone have or had experience with the two & should I expect a better ride with spending the extra $$$ on H&R?

SIIIICK08

Ready to race!

SIIIICK08

Ready to race!
Well I ordered the Ultralows the other day. Gonna install them this week. Hope there's a good difference. I am gonna sell the Racelands for cheap.

SIIIICK08

Ready to race!
H&R ultralows installed the other day. Yes; a better ride & less bumpy. Still a very nice & aggressive drop. You DO get what you pay for. Racelands are up on CL for $250.

SIIIICK08

Ready to race!
Well of course there's going to be a difference. Are they both non adjustable dampening?

Correct. The Ultimos & Ultralows do not offer adjustable dampening.

Klemen

Hi guys, I am considering lowering my mk5 gti with H&R ultra lows. I wish to achieve a drop that would tuck my tyre under the fender for about 1 or 2 cm, will they go that low? Just to make sure, are you guys discussing the original HR ultralows (monotubes, No. 29225-1) which should drop the car 70mm? Or are you discussing the AH exclusive coilovers, which drop about 110mm? I want to make sure that I dont buy the original HRs and dont achieve the desired drop. Tnx!

Gruppe917

Ready to race!
is the better ride your primary motivator?

The H&R's ride nicely on these cars, I've used them. But there are, IMHO, better options, budget permitting. What are you looking to spend?

ah old thread just noticed

drval85

Go Kart Newbie
Old thread, but I'm interested in the same info. How are ultra lows for daily driving? I'd still like to be able to corner aggressively. What better options would you recommend that lower height below 24" ftg?

Sorry for the thread jack.

Klemen

is the better ride your primary motivator?

The H&R's ride nicely on these cars, I've used them. But there are, IMHO, better options, budget permitting. What are you looking to spend?

ah old thread just noticed

I want my ride to stay good, I dont expect the car to be as forgiving on the holes as it is, but I dont want any rubbing. And I want to tuck the tyre a bit :) What are your suggestions? And we are talking about original HR ultra low coils? Not AH -110?

RalleyTuned

Car(s)
Audi A3
If going low is the ultimate goal, the BEST option is without a doubt H&R ultra lows. At their highest setting, they are lower than most.

For the best ride quality with a good drop, Vogtlands are the clear and far winner, with the KW V1's being the better option for longevity, but they do cost almost twice as much for essentially the same product ;)