GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Orlando MKV's Representing

Nikerey

Darkness
MKV-DSG said:
i second that motion!

Well if you look at the Logo thread, the line doesnt actually go all the way to the end there either, so they were made based on the logo we voted on. I like the shorter line since it gives a little character, but as always ill go with the majority.

R-Mac06

HO-Town Down!
Car(s)
06 UG GTI
we should make it with the same line aas the front accent line on the mark 5 with the bends on either ends kinda like a mirror image as the front bumber accent.... just an idea but as well majority rules

Jibbly

Level 50 Ninja Pirate
MKV-DSG said:
we should make it with the same line aas the front accent line on the mark 5 with the bends on either ends kinda like a mirror image as the front bumber accent.... just an idea but as well majority rules

I don't know how much I'd like that; I think it would be too busy. I really like the way they look now. If a majority wants the line extended, then we can do that. I'd really like to not have it become a smiley face. =P

- Jibbly

Nikerey

Darkness
Jibbly said:
I don't know how much I'd like that; I think it would be too busy. I really like the way they look now. If a majority wants the line extended, then we can do that. I'd really like to not have it become a smiley face. =P

- Jibbly

I agree, and as this is supposed to be a MKV group not a GTI group we shouldnt make our logo GTI specific. I like the shorter line, it makes the whole thing look more like a logo rather than an underlined website.

gti_power

Ready to race!
If anyone is interested in buying my flash of the revo software, I am going to talk to the guy that did mine and he will reflash back to stock and transfer my flash to your car. Price is 400 for the revo flash, it cost 499 at the revo dealer. PM me if your interested. You might have to pay a few bucks to the guy for doing the transfer since he isnt making anything on transfering my software to your car specific ecu...

jaydubz

FIA World Rally Car Newbie
Plyngntrffc said:
Where should i drive my car around the orlando area thats fun to drive, like not just straight roads...

I like the maitland exchange area. I like snaking down 436 and then taking 434 to the maitland on ramp (nice long curving road), right by the audi dealership. Then I zip down that road till I take the off ramp that leads to 1792. The on ramp is a perfect mix of holding 2nd all the way through then blasting off the the s curve them hitting 3rd kind makes u feeling like you are on the end of a whip. I do that atleast 3 times a week to clear my mind after work or after dinner. However if you just got the car i suggest taking it easy the first go around within no time you should be able to navigate it without braking and at a fair pace.

Jibbly

Level 50 Ninja Pirate
There is also the suggested break-in period; don't rev the engine over like 3-4k for the first 600 miles. I kept my shifts at about 3k during then, ever since I hit about 6-700 miles on the car, it's been sounding louder and feeling faster.

- Jibbly

Plyngntrffc

FIA GT Newbie
Car(s)
2006 VW GTI
awesome guys, thanks for the Help, HOPEFULLY ill be able to meet some of you this wednesday, if not this week, definetly next week, and by then i hope to have my 600 miles on so i can driver like she was meant to be driven. Very cool, haha some of yall might need to show me some of these places. BUT i do know of a whole area, wee bit of a drive, but Clermont, and near my parents condo @ Mission in, Howey in the hills, a bunch of 2 laners, w/ some decent turns, and up and down terrain, is pretty fun!

Last edited:

Nikerey

Darkness
jaydubz said:
I like the maitland exchange area. I like snaking down 436 and then taking 434 to the maitland on ramp (nice long curving road), right by the audi dealership. Then I zip down that road till I take the off ramp that leads to 1792. The on ramp is a perfect mix of holding 2nd all the way through then blasting off the the s curve them hitting 3rd kind makes u feeling like you are on the end of a whip. I do that atleast 3 times a week to clear my mind after work or after dinner. However if you just got the car i suggest taking it easy the first go around within no time you should be able to navigate it without braking and at a fair pace.

I will have to say the Maitland Exchange is one of my favorite bits of driving, both On to Maitland from 17-92 and onto 17-92 from Maitland. Just have to watch for the cops, they know how much we love those curves. Honestly, almost any section of road can be fun, its just knowing where everything goes, and what lines to take.

I know its far from here but Avalon Park out by UCF (basically the south end of Alafaya) has a nice road that runs through the middle of the neighborhood out to 50. Theres one or two BIG 2 lane roundabouts that if noone is around you can apex in, middle and out of each of them.

jaydubz

FIA World Rally Car Newbie
Yeah I second that, there are alot of cops around there, but you have to know when to give it some throttle and when to let off. Most people who get into accidents when driving spiritedly, do not exercise caution or the ability to holdback and know when to quick. Basically just becareful!

Nikerey

Darkness
jaydubz said:
Yeah I second that, there are alot of cops around there, but you have to know when to give it some throttle and when to let off. Most people who get into accidents when driving spiritedly, do not exercise caution or the ability to holdback and know when to quick. Basically just becareful!

So would you say racing an R6 through the Rollins College area would be an example of not exercsing caution or the ability to holdback?

Plyngntrffc

FIA GT Newbie
Car(s)
2006 VW GTI
Few ?'s guys...Tinting...where and how much? ummm custom exhaust from a muffler place? and umm oh, can u order the huffs and have them put them on when they come in, not sure if they have a pkg 0 blk in stock w/ the huffs, so...yeah

Nikerey

Darkness
Plyngntrffc said:
Few ?'s guys...Tinting...where and how much? ummm custom exhaust from a muffler place? and umm oh, can u order the huffs and have them put them on when they come in, not sure if they have a pkg 0 blk in stock w/ the huffs, so...yeah

Tint - Dr Detail...check out solargaurds web site, hes listed if you look under find dealer. 139 for mine, did a great job, you can check it out wed. As for custom exhaust, i know Tuffy used to do it but it may be on a store by store basis. Id ask around and see if any shops want to do it, id make sure the guy doing it know how to weld really well. And im pretty sure that they cant order Huffs (or wont) and put them on your car. It either has it or it doesnt. Maybe when you go you can try to work that into the deal.